Ash Wednesday Posted August 9, 2004 Posted August 9, 2004 ...something that happened to me which I'm about to explain? I was in the adoration chapel this evening after Mass and I remembered it for the first time in a long time, even though it happened some time ago. I was over at a close friend's house sometime in 1995, and we were saying the rosary. She is a very devout Catholic, attends daily Mass and has a small altar set up in her living room with a picture of Mary and Jesus. So here we were praying the rosary one night, and I could've sworn I saw the picture of Mary come to life. Her lips looked like they were moving in prayer as we were praying. Sometimes, though subtle, I saw the expressions on her face change from joy, or at times to sorrow and I recall at one point seeing a tear on her cheek. Her image faces the image of Jesus (pointing to his sacred heart) and during this it was like you could see her praying to Jesus. At times the image seemed more three-dimensional than two. I figured my eyes were playing tricks on me and assumed it was because we were under dimmed light and a candle, until my friend brought it up and asked if I noticed anything about the picture. Apparently she's had this happen before with another rosary group that came to her house one night. She was very much in awe and she has mentioned this to a couple of mutual friends at church that "we experienced a miracle" but she has always been somewhat hush-hush about it, too -- i.e. "let's not make so much fanfare about it and don't tell very many people-- it's not what the faith is about" -- like I said, she's a genuinely true Catholic. (And maybe she didn't want pilgrims flocking to her house... :haha:) I've been back to her house many times and I don't recall this happening since as far as I've been there, though I haven't been there as often as I used to be. Anyway, I had not remembered this incident in a long time until this evening. It's like those people who experience the miracle of the sun. You want to rub your eyes and you wonder.... did I just see what I think I did? Has anyone had any experience similar to this one? It was really something, to this day, I still don't know what to make of.
StColette Posted August 9, 2004 Posted August 9, 2004 That's quite amazing Ash !!! I've only had really religious dreams some with Our Lady, one with Christ, a couple dealing with Churches. But no like I'm awake kind of things.
gopherball33 Posted August 9, 2004 Posted August 9, 2004 this isnt really a miracle, but i remember when i was about 11 i woke up in the middle of the night and saw what looked like the dark outline of a woman coming towards me. i didnt get a very warm and fuzzy feeling from it, which led me to believe that it was some kind of bad somthing. i blinked and it went away. i probably was seeing things, but i dunno. i was scared.
marchjen6 Posted August 9, 2004 Posted August 9, 2004 This isn't nearly as miraculous as Ash Wednesday's, but as it is still fresh in my mind (having happened last night) I'll go a head and share..... Yesterday and this morning my Parish put on a Youth Conference modled after Stubenville. Last night we had adoration as part of the conference. everything was going awesome. the confession lines were REALLY long, as usual at something like this (I didn't want to go b/c I'm not catholic yet and I feel like at times like that, going in there to recieve a blessing is sorta wasting the priest's time compared to what he could be doing. if there's nobody in line I'll go.) so I'm jsut sitting in the pews praying and singing. *Now, for a few weeks I'd been sorta starting to notice that while i KNOW Jesus is present in the Eucharist, i haven't really felt anything. I ended up looking more towards the cross than the Blessed Sacrament during adoration so I've been asking God to let me know in my heart (not my head) that Jesus is truely there. * so anyway, last night, they did a procession of the Blessed Sacrament throught the Church. it stopped almost right in front of me and i suddenly just felt this amazing sense of peace, more intence and calming that anything i've ever felt before. it was just so...perfect, i guess is the only way to describe it. and for me this was a HUGE thing, because i'm basically ADD, and i have a few problems with anxiety too, so to jsut be completely calm...i'd never felt that before. it was SOOO COOL!!! Adoration ended about half an hour later, and I was still sitting there with this (as RebirthFlame calls it) Big Cheesy Grin on my face. Eventually one of the other girls had to come and get me because the vans were leaving to take us back to the other church where we were spending the night. Well, needless to say, I'm a little (ok, a LOT) more excited about starting RCIA in a few weeks. After seeing the grace that can come from jsut being in the presence of Christ, I CAN'T WAIT to get to a point where i can actually RECIEVE Him INSIDE OF ME!!! God Bless! Your Sister in Christ Jenny
Ash Wednesday Posted August 9, 2004 Author Posted August 9, 2004 It's ok bushido, I'm actually just starting this thread to find verify if I am crazy or not. (I guess everyone knows the answer to that one, anyway...woof!) You're back in the Church. That to me is a bigger miracle than seeing spinning suns, golden rosaries, or crying pictures...
franciscanheart Posted August 9, 2004 Posted August 9, 2004 i venot experienced any but i heard about one through the Divine Mercy Chaplet CD that remnant put out! it was awesome
MorphRC Posted August 9, 2004 Posted August 9, 2004 Ohh so ur saying Im not crazy! Im totally offended!
IcePrincessKRS Posted August 9, 2004 Posted August 9, 2004 I recall once when I was quite young driving with my mom and sisters and Mama pulled the car off to the side of the road so we could watch the sun; it was a beautiful orangey-pink and it was dancing, the whole sky was lit in a rosey color. When I was older, 11 or so I think, we had a statue of Our Lady on the dining room table that had what we thought was a tear. I messed it up though (it was my statue.... I guess I thought it was ok to touch it) so we never showed it to a priest or anything.
theculturewarrior Posted August 9, 2004 Posted August 9, 2004 I saw Jesus in the clouds when I was first starting to identify with Christianity. My conversion is miraculous, in a way, but I suppose it's a mundane miracle. That needs a bit of an explanation but I'm leaving it as is. BENDICIONES
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted August 9, 2004 Posted August 9, 2004 At one time I saw little black things run across my field of vision, but then I look where it went, and there was nothing... I swear I was seeing things...
cmotherofpirl Posted August 9, 2004 Posted August 9, 2004 There was a Medjegore conference in Pittsburgh some years back and my husband called me at told me to look at the sky. I looked out east and the sun was dancing in the sky, shooting out streams of colored rays. It was a clear day. I have seen sundogs and the aurora but never anything like this.
Lil Red Posted August 9, 2004 Posted August 9, 2004 when i was helping with a SEARCH retreat a year ago, one of my best friends (who absolutely LOVES Mary) was giving a talk on the rosary. There was a statue of Mary right behind her, and i was in the back corner from her. all throughout her talk, i couldn't concentrate on what she was saying because the shadows from Mary's arms looked like they were enfolding my friend into her arms. it was very beautiful. plus the way the candlelight was flickering over Mary's face, it just looked like she was so happy and so proud of my friend. i went and told my friend about it afterward, and she just broke out crying.
stagefairy Posted August 9, 2004 Posted August 9, 2004 This isn't quite the same kind of miracle, but last year our little old car was having problems with the carborator. We took it in and he cleaned it and said if it had more problems (it was dying everytime it idled at a stop sign) we might have to get the carborator replaced, because it was on it's way out. It did fine for a couple weeks and then one day on my way to work it started dying everytime I stopped again and I was feeling so frustrated. I restarted it each time and managed to get to work only a little bit late. I prayed and told God that I didn't have any other way home and we couldn't afford a new carborator, so I would leave it up to Him. When I came out in the afternoon it started fine and never gave any trouble. That night at a girl's bible study, one girl casually mentioned that it was too bad I miss daily mass that morning, because it had been said for my intentions! Mass was going on half an hour after the time I got to work and prayed. We haven't had any problems with it since then and that was over a year ago.
reelguy227 Posted August 10, 2004 Posted August 10, 2004 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Aug 9 2004, 01:12 AM'] ...something that happened to me which I'm about to explain? I was in the adoration chapel this evening after Mass and I remembered it for the first time in a long time, even though it happened some time ago. I was over at a close friend's house sometime in 1995, and we were saying the rosary. She is a very devout Catholic, attends daily Mass and has a small altar set up in her living room with a picture of Mary and Jesus. So here we were praying the rosary one night, and I could've sworn I saw the picture of Mary come to life. Her lips looked like they were moving in prayer as we were praying. Sometimes, though subtle, I saw the expressions on her face change from joy, or at times to sorrow and I recall at one point seeing a tear on her cheek. Her image faces the image of Jesus (pointing to his sacred heart) and during this it was like you could see her praying to Jesus. At times the image seemed more three-dimensional than two. I figured my eyes were playing tricks on me and assumed it was because we were under dimmed light and a candle, until my friend brought it up and asked if I noticed anything about the picture. Apparently she's had this happen before with another rosary group that came to her house one night. She was very much in awe and she has mentioned this to a couple of mutual friends at church that "we experienced a miracle" but she has always been somewhat hush-hush about it, too -- i.e. "let's not make so much fanfare about it and don't tell very many people-- it's not what the faith is about" -- like I said, she's a genuinely true Catholic. (And maybe she didn't want pilgrims flocking to her house... :haha:) I've been back to her house many times and I don't recall this happening since as far as I've been there, though I haven't been there as often as I used to be. Anyway, I had not remembered this incident in a long time until this evening. It's like those people who experience the miracle of the sun. You want to rub your eyes and you wonder.... did I just see what I think I did? Has anyone had any experience similar to this one? It was really something, to this day, I still don't know what to make of. [/quote] thats awesome ash
WCC_Catholic Posted August 10, 2004 Posted August 10, 2004 i have had an expeienced something like that but i was praying to the Sacred Heart image (the one that looks at you) well i had been praying for an anwser and i was praying the rosary and i get into a kind of a rock motion when i pray and i was rocking and befor my eyes flashed the face of a guy and it was like i was watching a movie it was so clear and so sharp. i know that i was asking about a guy or anything like that i was asking with help in a choice that i had to make. and since then i have seen many guys who look lke the image that i saw but i do not know who this guy is. he looks like and actor but he doesnt at the same time it is very strange. well back to the story right after the image flashed before my eyes the image of the Sacred Heart was smiling it was like i saw teeth and all the kind of thing he was like laughing at my shocked face. since then when ever i pray i pray to the image and there are times that i see the same smile them there are other times when i see him frown. i brought the image with me to school (WCC) and i think that he protected me from my roommate who i think had become possessed!!! i now wear a color medal of the Scared Heart so the he can continue to protect me.
Ash Wednesday Posted August 10, 2004 Author Posted August 10, 2004 Maybe God has yet to show me the miracle of the sun, as an act of kindness and mercy, because I'd probably start flapping my arms and screaming that the apocalypse was at hand and the world was coming to an end. And then I'd go hide from the people that want to take me away to the funny farm. :toilet:
M.SIGGA Posted August 10, 2004 Posted August 10, 2004 In Lisieux this summer I was praying for lot of tough things that I've been dealing with lately and tragedy in my close circle of family and friends, and I was also feeling sort of hopeless and I asked for some sort of sign that St. Therese and Jesus were listening. The whole time it was like right about to rain and it was cold and cloudy and the wind was really really strong. It was on a Sunday at the end of my pilgrimage before I had to catch my train back to Paris, and I was making my way from the Carmel back up the hill to the basilica for Mass. When I stepped out the chapel of the Carmel, the wind literally stopped whipping and there was an aroma of flowers or perfume in the air, and all of the sudden I became really peaceful and at ease. It's true it could have been the scent from a nearby garden or from the flowers on some of the nearby balconies, but I like to think it was a miracle. The rain held up right until I made it back to the basilica for Mass, and then it poured down like no other
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now