Philippe Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 yup yours trully ME. i got the Christian Prayer book and its REALLY COOL!!! im excited ive done night prayers (compline) and office of readings and its way cool everyone go pray the liturgy of the hours! God Bless - Philippe
Laudate_Dominum Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 lucky duck! I have the four volume but I left three of them at my mom's house so I haven't been able to pray the office since Pentecost!
homeschoolmom Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 could someone give an explanation of what this is?
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 I need to get the Little Office of the Blessed Virgin...
Carnanc Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 I've been using some of the online sites but for some reason haven't prayed it recently....
cmotherofpirl Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 (edited) The LOTH is a set of prayers said by all vowed religious and priests in the World. It consists of Morning Prayer, Daytime prayers, Evening Prayer, Night Prayer and Office of Readings. There is an opening hymn, a series of psalms and responses [like the responsorial psalms at mass] a reading for the bible, petitions Our Father and concluding prayer and hymn. Office of readings consists of long psalms and reading from the Saints. If the day is a Saints feast day the whole offfice can revolve around him or her. Major feasts follow Church time and celeberation starts the night before with Evening Prayer. [url="http://www.liturgyhours.org/4"]http://www.liturgyhours.org/4[/url] Edited August 11, 2004 by cmotherofpirl
cmotherofpirl Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 (edited) Here are the reading for this morning prayer for today, the memorial to St Clare. [url="http://www.prayday.com/A55691/web2/groupprayer.nsf"]http://www.prayday.com/A55691/web2/groupprayer.nsf[/url] Edited August 11, 2004 by cmotherofpirl
cmotherofpirl Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 Also go here and click with prayer you want to say. [url="http://www.universalis.com/cgi-bin/display/-600/USA/Vespers.html"]http://www.universalis.com/cgi-bin/display...SA/Vespers.html[/url] or here [url="http://savior.org/"]http://savior.org/[/url] and click devotions, then LOTH
daugher-of-Mary Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 We have the 4 book LOTH, but it is so utterly confusing that I usually stick with Magnificat.
cmotherofpirl Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 Dearie start using one of the websites above til you get the hang of it. Ignor the feasts for a while and say whatever day it is on the four week schedule. Honor the Saints by adding them as a concluding prayer. Do this til you get the hang of it. I have prayed it for 30 years and sometimes still mess up.
stagefairy Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 We pray morning and evening prayer at our morning and evening holy hours. I didn't understand how to follow it until I started going to Holy Hour regularly and now it's a lot easier.
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 Does anyone know of a place that sells the Little Office of the Blessed Virgin at a low price? I'd like to buy myself one... LOBV is alot like LOTH but it isn't as popular now a days...
MorphRC Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 Are we required to pray twice a day? morning, evening. I think the didache says 3
Theoketos Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 [quote name='daugher-of-Mary' date='Aug 11 2004, 10:08 AM'] We have the 4 book LOTH, but it is so utterly confusing that I usually stick with Magnificat. [/quote] Yeah the Magnificat does not have all that I grave for the Liturgy of the Hours. Also the biggest tip that I have, and I am 'stealing' this from the several Church Documents, is that you all should find people to pray this with. Starting a large family to do this with is an eggselent means to that end.
Philippe Posted August 11, 2004 Author Posted August 11, 2004 isnt hte morning and evening of magnificat the LOTH?
daugher-of-Mary Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 [quote]isnt the morning and evening of magnificat the LOTH?[/quote] It is a modified version of LOTH. [quote]Dearie start using one of the websites above til you get the hang of it. Ignor the feasts for a while and say whatever day it is on the four week schedule. Honor the Saints by adding them as a concluding prayer. Do this til you get the hang of it.[/quote] Thanks CMom! I shall endeavor to master LOTH following your wise instruction.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now