Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 Okay...my Norton Internet Security won't let me access any websites...[i]any[/i] websites! How am I supposed to fix this?
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 umm... I'd have to do it myself to fix it... usually I mess with things until they work...
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 wait, if you can't access any sites, how can you be phatmassing?
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 11, 2004 Author Posted August 11, 2004 [quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Aug 11 2004, 04:26 PM'] wait, if you can't access any sites, how can you be phatmassing? [/quote] Norton Security is turned off...
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 What is the firewall set to? High? Check that... if it isn't that try something else...
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 It could be ad blocking too... What version of Norton do you have?
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 11, 2004 Author Posted August 11, 2004 Phatmass is on the allowed list on privacy control and my firewall was set to medium. I changed it to low...now we'll see what happens...
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 11, 2004 Author Posted August 11, 2004 Norton Internet Security Version 7.0.6.17
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 you have the same as me... hmm... is it the productivity control? I have that turned off on my computer...
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 11, 2004 Author Posted August 11, 2004 I don't know what productivity control is...
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 Well, you might have the same as me... is it norton internet security pro?
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 11, 2004 Author Posted August 11, 2004 No...there is no "pro" involved...
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 productivity control should be the last one on the list under status and settings... Is it blocking traffic?
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 11, 2004 Author Posted August 11, 2004 [quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Aug 11 2004, 04:36 PM'] productivity control should be the last one on the list under status and settings... Is it blocking traffic? [/quote] Well, it says "block traffic"...but I think that's the button I have to press to get it to block it, so it must be allowing it, now...
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 yeah... Hmm... I don't know what to do! Don't they have a tech support line you can call? Maybe someone else knows more about Norton than I do... Seek additional help! I'm sorry I can't help! I tried! Just don't keep security off for too long! It's dangerous!
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 11, 2004 Author Posted August 11, 2004 [quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Aug 11 2004, 04:42 PM'] yeah... Hmm... I don't know what to do! Don't they have a tech support line you can call? Maybe someone else knows more about Norton than I do... Seek additional help! I'm sorry I can't help! I tried! Just don't keep security off for too long! It's dangerous! [/quote] Well, it's not the firewall...I can only get to Phatmass now... As for keeping the security down...it's been down all summer...
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 I would definatly call tech support and find out what's wrong with it...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now