homeschoolmom Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 This horrible weather is giving me a terrible sinus headache... It's AUGUST!!!! Why does it feel like October???
Andrea348 Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 We had October like weather this past weekend in New Jersey. It was funny because my cousin was in from Vegas and he was FREEZING all the time. It felt like December to him...lol.
Colleen Posted August 12, 2004 Posted August 12, 2004 It's so cold lately. It's probably a vast left-wing conspiracy.
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted August 12, 2004 Posted August 12, 2004 It is cold... I don't like it... it feels like october or something! I'd like it to be at least 70!
Colleen Posted August 12, 2004 Posted August 12, 2004 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Aug 11 2004, 08:07 PM'] maybe "global warming"? [/quote] Or global cooling.
Brother Adam Posted August 12, 2004 Posted August 12, 2004 Why are you complaining. If it was February you'd be loving it! We'd all roll our windows down and sing "Oh what a beautiful day" I love this weather. Perfect for sleeping in. And I don't get to sleep in
homeschoolmom Posted August 12, 2004 Author Posted August 12, 2004 whenever the temp takes a drastic dip, my sinuses hurt. Summer is too short here to waste any of the days... plus I had to unbox some winter clothes for the kids...
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted August 12, 2004 Posted August 12, 2004 I still say a nice average 70 would be VERY nice...
homeschoolmom Posted August 12, 2004 Author Posted August 12, 2004 [quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Aug 11 2004, 08:11 PM'] I still say a nice average 70 would be VERY nice... [/quote] amen!
Ellenita Posted August 12, 2004 Posted August 12, 2004 Can I trade places with you HSMom? It's really humid here and we've had so much rain in the country it's beginning to feel like a tropical monsoon! I really don't like it when it's humid - I just want to stay under a cold shower all day, but then I'd be even more wrinkly than I am normally!!!!!!
DancesforLove Posted August 12, 2004 Posted August 12, 2004 LOL Where do you live HSMom?? Come to texas, it's 74 WITH a cold front lol its been in the high 90s though lol
DancesforLove Posted August 12, 2004 Posted August 12, 2004 haha wells theres where the problem is lol, you can't live up there and complain about the snow, just like I can't complain about the heat down here lol (unless your military and have no choice then I should shut up lol)
Iacobus Posted August 12, 2004 Posted August 12, 2004 Ah! Lets see what to do... Get the pumpkins ready Start looking for a Thanksgiving bird Are we going to use the same artfical XMass Tree this year Get the ladder out for the lights Go to the Turkey Testicle Fest in Byron (yes there is one. No I have never gone. LOL!) Get tickets for the Fall fest Devoure all of mum's Apple Pumpkin muffins Go to Edward's Apple Orch--- why hasn't that farmer harvested his crop yet? What a sec, that corn is still green!!! It isn't out of Aug (yes Midwesterners can tell Month of the year by corn, it is a talent of sorts, lol) yet!!! New To Do list Put away the 3 extra "Harsh IL weather" blankets Take the 5 person tent with electric space heater and 8 Zero Kalvin rated sleeping bags (replace with the IL summer package 8 full Central Air units, fans, water, some AC stuff) Contuine to save money for Edward's Apple Orchard I think that is it. LOL!
Colleen Posted August 12, 2004 Posted August 12, 2004 [quote name='Iacobus' date='Aug 11 2004, 08:24 PM'] What a sec, that corn is still green!!! It isn't out of Aug (yes Midwesterners can tell Month of the year by corn, it is a talent of sorts, lol) yet!!! [/quote] Yeah . . . knee-high by the Fourth of July. When I went out today, I was like, it can't be November already. The trees are still green.
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted August 12, 2004 Posted August 12, 2004 [quote name='Iacobus' date='Aug 11 2004, 08:24 PM'] Go to the Turkey Testicle Fest in Byron (yes there is one. No I have never gone. LOL!) [/quote] Byron IL? Is that the one by the nuclear power plant?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now