Lil Red Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 [color=red]I just went and checked my parish mailbox (I work at a church) and there was a newsletter being passed around from "Human Rights International" or something like that. The front page article was about my state's family association getting signatures for a ban on gay marriages in my state. And the article goes on to be totally biased, saying that it's unconsitutional, saying that it's discrimination, etc. And the funny thing is, one person from my work, had wrote, "Scary!" on the side of the article. :angry: Scary? It's scary to uphold what the Church teaches?!?!? :angry: [b]SCARY?!?[/b] :angry: What ticks me off is the carp that gets passed around this office. It's people like these that are tearing down the Church. It's attitudes like this that people get conflicting messages about the Church. You guys should see me right now, I'm just steaming! [b]AAARGH!!!![/b][/color]
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 Our budget guy at our church makes me mad
Lil Red Posted August 11, 2004 Author Posted August 11, 2004 yup!!! :angry: :angry: i just need to breathe!
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 Like I was saying before I pressed the wrong button, our budget guy makes me mad... He's killing our youth ministry and they put most of the funding towards things like the CHoir tour in Italy and things like that and our pastor has taken away most of our fundraisers too... it's stinky... I don't like our budget guy... :angry:
Lil Red Posted August 11, 2004 Author Posted August 11, 2004 [img]http://members.aol.com/browrob549/emo/angry016.gif[/img]
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 Well, that really stinks... I know there are lots of people who work at the church just to work... their faith is so weak and they just think SUnday Mass is all they need, but I'm being mean now... I must be nice...
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 Allright red! Take a breath! Scream into a pillow! Settle down! yikes!
cmotherofpirl Posted August 11, 2004 Posted August 11, 2004 [quote name='Lil Red' date='Aug 11 2004, 07:56 PM'] [color=red]I just went and checked my parish mailbox (I work at a church) and there was a newsletter being passed around from "Human Rights International" or something like that. The front page article was about my state's family association getting signatures for a ban on gay marriages in my state. And the article goes on to be totally biased, saying that it's unconsitutional, saying that it's discrimination, etc. And the funny thing is, one person from my work, had wrote, "Scary!" on the side of the article. :angry: Scary? It's scary to uphold what the Church teaches?!?!? :angry: [b]SCARY?!?[/b] :angry: What ticks me off is the carp that gets passed around this office. It's people like these that are tearing down the Church. It's attitudes like this that people get conflicting messages about the Church. You guys should see me right now, I'm just steaming! [b]AAARGH!!!![/b][/color] [/quote] So scribble a little note on it saying its Faithful Orthodox Catholic teaching - get over it!!!
theculturewarrior Posted August 12, 2004 Posted August 12, 2004 If it helps you can flog me. I don't think Voici would mind, if it's for a good cause.
Ash Wednesday Posted August 12, 2004 Posted August 12, 2004 I have a good friend who I sponsored when she joined the church and she became liberal in the last few years and she is always criticizing things about the church. It's not that I can't handle criticism, but I've gotten so sick of it. (I don't hear much any more, because I don't talk to her as often.) Part of the time I want to ask her "Then why are you here? Why did you join in the first place? Why don't you just be honest with yourself since you weren't when you joined, and *leave* if you joined too hastily and for the wrong reasons?" (God only knows what they are, if it just "felt right" to her at the time, or what...) Though I've had doubts that would be the right thing to say, and I'd feel weird encouraging someone to actually leave the church. I've defended the church (this is mostly on the liberal issues like gays, women priests and birth control) and tried to explain my point of view for years and finally she basically told me to let go, it's her faith, back off or butt out, more or less. Whatever. I just pray, now.
DancesforLove Posted August 12, 2004 Posted August 12, 2004 (edited) I agree Red! You shouldn't say your a religion, claim to be devout in it's teachings, then go against what it teaches, that just makes me livid! :angry: Edited August 12, 2004 by DancesforLove
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 12, 2004 Posted August 12, 2004 This reminds me of the atmosphere at seminary... The conservatives majority has to watch its back because the liberals (some of them heterodox) are in charge. Oh well, I've told you all enough about that.
Lil Red Posted August 12, 2004 Author Posted August 12, 2004 i've calmed down, now that it's the next day, lol it just irks me. i should sue THEM for a hostile working environment. do ya think it would work?
Soldier4Him Posted August 12, 2004 Posted August 12, 2004 lol, i dunno if that would work. but....have you tried praying about it?
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 12, 2004 Posted August 12, 2004 [quote name='Lil Red' date='Aug 12 2004, 11:35 AM'] i've calmed down, now that it's the next day, lol it just irks me. i should sue THEM for a hostile working environment. do ya think it would work? [/quote] Have you spoken with your bishop?
Lil Red Posted August 12, 2004 Author Posted August 12, 2004 Raphael, while i know you mean well, this problem isn't just my parish, or the other parishes in my city. it is Diocesan wide - which means the problem starts at the top, and trickles down, unfortunately. Soldier4Him, yes, I pray everyday for the softening of my coworkers' hearts and minds, that they would be open to receive what Mother Church teaches.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 12, 2004 Posted August 12, 2004 [quote name='Lil Red' date='Aug 12 2004, 01:08 PM'] Raphael, while i know you mean well, this problem isn't just my parish, or the other parishes in my city. it is Diocesan wide - which means the problem starts at the top, and trickles down, unfortunately. Soldier4Him, yes, I pray everyday for the softening of my coworkers' hearts and minds, that they would be open to receive what Mother Church teaches. [/quote] That's sad.
Lil Red Posted August 12, 2004 Author Posted August 12, 2004 yeah, it is. one of my friends at another church is quitting because she gets so much carp from her priest and nun that work there.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now