An Old School Catholic Message Board

"this Land" Political Spoof Thread.

White Knight

White Knight

Hey all I appolize if this has been already announced by people,It has been a Month, but I just wanted to let ya know of this Hilarious political spoof, that is acually pretty balanced I think, between both parties lol. I wanted to let you know of it, and Here it is.

[b][url="http://www.jibjab.com"]This Land [/url][/b]

Once again if this has been published before I appolize.

God Bless You All.

Edited by White Knight

Ash Wednesday

I posted this a while back.... but I don't remember when exactly. But it's certainly worth mentioning again.

I think it's hilarious.
It's refreshing to say, all right, let's take a moment from all the vitriolic mud slinging and just have a laugh. The t-shirts they sell in the shops are hilarious, too.

Going to bed finally. :sleep:

White Knight

Ya Warning to those who haven't seen it, it does have some harsh language, some. But dont let that stop ya from watching this thing, its funny.

[quote name='Raphael' date='Aug 17 2004, 01:23 PM'] LOL

The author of this song is suing for copyright violation. [/quote]
Hasn't he ever heard of "satire"?

White Knight

I could understand sueing if these guys were making money of this spoof, but they aren't its free. So its a different story in that case.

[quote name='Raphael' date='Aug 17 2004, 01:23 PM'] LOL

The author of this song is suing for copyright violation. [/quote]
I heard the Dems were suing because that was teh campign song or something. And someone else was sueing... lol. Only in America.

Speaking of which that is my favorite part of Readers Digest after Laughter the Best Medicne. LOL!

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Iacobus' date='Aug 17 2004, 03:39 PM'] I heard the Dems were suing because that was teh campign song or something. And someone else was sueing... lol. Only in America.

Speaking of which that is my favorite part of Readers Digest after Laughter the Best Medicne. LOL! [/quote]
Reader's Digest rocks.

This month had a very good excerpt from a book by a 9/11 wife.

Ash Wednesday

I don't see how they could successfully sue. Like thicke suggested, apparently they don't understand satire, which IS NOT copyright violation.

Ask Weird Al.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Aug 17 2004, 06:46 PM'] I don't see how they could successfully sue. Like thicke suggested, apparently they don't understand satire, which IS NOT copyright violation.

Ask Weird Al. [/quote]
Actually, Wierd Al gets permission from every artist he satires ahead of time.

All except for Amish Paradise...which was because of a clerical error, but Wierd Al said that Coolio stopped whining after he got his first royalty check.