Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Difference Between Republicans And Democrats


Recommended Posts

Posted

geez republicans are so smart and clever and admirable and holy... I bet the choirs of heaven are filled with them.

geetarplayer
Posted

[quote name='M.SIGGA' date='Aug 17 2004, 11:55 PM'] geez republicans are so smart and clever and admirable and holy... I bet the choirs of heaven are filled with them. [/quote]
:huh:

homeschoolmom
Posted

[quote name='geetarplayer' date='Aug 17 2004, 09:49 PM'] Yes, but there won't be another Presidential election for another four years.

-Mark [/quote]
But there's an election of some kind every year... even if it just a school boad election... You should never ignore politics.

1337 k4th0l1x0r
Posted

[quote name='M.SIGGA' date='Aug 17 2004, 09:55 PM'] geez republicans are so smart and clever and admirable and holy... I bet the choirs of heaven are filled with them. [/quote]
I bet you're right!

WCC_Catholic
Posted

i loved it it was so funny!!!!!!












Save the Baby Humans :sadder:

Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

[quote]But what is the arguement for it not being valid? I have heard no such factoids.[/quote]

Under the Articles of Confederation, all the states had to agree on a Constitution. The governing body which wrote the Constitution was not unanimous, so the Congress took a vote and decided that the decision to adopt a Constitution should be a majority vote. Then the majority, but not all, voted to adopt the Constitution. The trouble is that many historians say the Congress had no right to change the way the Articles of Confederation set up the system.

Historians are split on the validity of the Constitution, but some extremist groups have used the invalidity theory in feeble attempts at terrorist coups, etc.

White Knight
Posted

good joke lol.

Posted

[quote name='Raphael' date='Aug 17 2004, 10:55 PM']
Under the Articles of Confederation, all the states had to agree on a Constitution. The governing body which wrote the Constitution was not unanimous, so the Congress took a vote and decided that the decision to adopt a Constitution should be a majority vote. Then the majority, but not all, voted to adopt the Constitution. The trouble is that many historians say the Congress had no right to change the way the Articles of Confederation set up the system. [/quote]
But I think there was a general agreement that something had to be done, the AoC wasn't working. All the states agreed to the Convention and all (I think all but something is nagging here) sent reps. Than before they could enter the Union they all had to ratify the USC. So it would than be valid once all 13 existing states apporoved it. You could say that it wasn't when it was merely 9 but it is valid now.

Posted

[quote name='geetarplayer' date='Aug 17 2004, 11:40 PM'] Wait... the legal voting age is only 18 now?

And I suppose you'll say that they repealed the Prohibition laws, too? :rolleyes:

Actually, I'm 16 (because I thought the law was 21). So I guess I only have four more years to ignore politics. :cyclops:

-Mark [/quote]
Bro,

Don't ignore now... pay attention... very close attention... listen to both sides, double check everything....

When I was your age (I'm 31 now) I hated politics because of the garbage I saw... then I started paying attention... and learned that not all politicians are liars....

I started to notice who was doing the lying, started the mudslinging, and were against God....

I found that about 90%, it was the democrats... there might be some well meaning democrat people, but their heart is in the right place, but their head is somewhere else.... 99% of the democrats in office are crooks and are mindless.

80-90% of the republicans in office are good and smart.

Our country was founded on a Republic way of government... the way it ought to be. Educated people making the decissions.

Democracy in it's purest form is mob mentality... people who are not experts on a subject should not be making the decissions for the country on a subject. Democracy everything is voted on, and with our current democrat "leaders" - they ignore the experts, ignore what is right and wrong, ignore what is in the best interest for soceity, ignore God, and tell the mob what they mob wants to hear.... That is the destruction of soceity as we know it. They seek to make the poor depend on them, instead of helping the poor.



[u]And if anyone here wants to argue the facts presented above:[/u] go do some US history study, starting in 1760 through 1800. The democrats in power today have to lie about the republican plans to win... that is why they're always saying that people are going to loose jobs, take money out of the poors mouths, etc....


I'm fed up with the lies. I'm tired of the blindness of those that defend the baby killers... Yes - I know that there are pro-life dems, but everything else they stand for is a reason not to vote for them and that they are bad.... most I have seen are liars and haven't a clue about anything. They use the military as a way get a ribbon so to get elected and get out of it as soon as possible. The mainstream media lie... Just like Moore; why can't you people actually listen to both sides , an unbias side and make an educated decission?

The democrats use the the same tatic that the anti-Catholics use against us (Catholics)... that is they flat out lie.


Why can't you people be more charitable and hear out both sides, instead of listening to the rumor mongers.... the media, democrat senators, mayors, and govenors...?


God Bless,
ironmonk

Posted

[quote name='M.SIGGA' date='Aug 17 2004, 11:55 PM'] geez republicans are so smart and clever and admirable and holy... I bet the choirs of heaven are filled with them. [/quote]
What an intelligent statement.... based on facts, thorough study?

You've just proven the joke is true... Thanks LOL


:rolling:


God Bless,
ironmonk

Posted

I am not going to be eligable to vote for another two years... :cry:
Which really stinks, but I still get involved. I am trying to get all of my freinds who can vote to vote Pro-life. The other stuff doesn't matter if there aren't any people around to enjoy it, as my very cool freind Mr. S says. So far, I got my Dad :clap:, and I am working on the rest of them.

My sister told me that she doesn't have any party affilation. I would have to agree with her there. There are a bunch of Pro-Choice Rep's running for office over here. I Personally vote Pro- life.

By the way, Anyone seen a pro-life Democrat lately? I have never met one, but I would love to!

CatG

Posted

oh its just not even worth it....

Posted

[quote name='Cat Germ' date='Aug 18 2004, 01:14 PM'] I am not going to be eligable to vote for another two years... :cry:
Which really stinks, but I still get involved. I am trying to get all of my freinds who can vote to vote Pro-life. The other stuff doesn't matter if there aren't any people around to enjoy it, as my very cool freind Mr. S says. So far, I got my Dad :clap:, and I am working on the rest of them.

My sister told me that she doesn't have any party affilation. I would have to agree with her there. There are a bunch of Pro-Choice Rep's running for office over here. I Personally vote Pro- life.

By the way, Anyone seen a pro-life Democrat lately? I have never met one, but I would love to!

CatG [/quote]
A prolife democrat you say ????


why yes! there are!

http//:www.democratsforlife.org


And guess what! There are Republicans for Choice (ie Murder):

[url="http://www.republicansforchoice.com/"]http://www.republicansforchoice.com/[/url]


Broad generalizations can be bad bad bad.

Posted

[quote name='Cat Germ' date='Aug 18 2004, 03:14 PM'] I am not going to be eligable to vote for another two years... :cry:
Which really stinks, but I still get involved. I am trying to get all of my freinds who can vote to vote Pro-life. The other stuff doesn't matter if there aren't any people around to enjoy it, as my very cool freind Mr. S says. So far, I got my Dad :clap:, and I am working on the rest of them.

My sister told me that she doesn't have any party affilation. I would have to agree with her there. There are a bunch of Pro-Choice Rep's running for office over here. I Personally vote Pro- life.

By the way, Anyone seen a pro-life Democrat lately? I have never met one, but I would love to!

CatG [/quote]
They are a minority... and that minority will totally ignore the fact that I said there are some.

In my opinion they are like a horse with blinders on... they can't see the whole picture.

When something is blatently true, it really makes people mad when they don't want it to be true, and they scream uncharitable.... Charity demands correction and truth. When the party's main platform is abortion, ssa marriages, take God out of everything, don't offend us with Scripture, etc... Then it's time for Christians to become at least indepenant instead of clinging to the party that it's leaders appear to be puppets of satan.

God Bless,
ironmonk

Posted

[quote name='ironmonk' date='Aug 18 2004, 12:56 PM'] Why can't you people be more charitable and hear out both sides, instead of listening to the rumor mongers.... the media, democrat senators, mayors, and govenors...?


God Bless,
ironmonk [/quote]
who exactly are "you people"?

Posted

Also, I'd like to add....

All democrat leaders that I have ever studied change their points of view when the group they are seeking votes from changes.

Gore run as a pro-life democrat when he was younger... now he a supporter of abortion....

I've never seen a republican do anything that major.

If there was a pro-life dem vs. a abortion rep... I'd vote for the pro-life dem.

But if there is a pro-life dem vs. a pro-life rep... it wouldn't be prudent to vote for the dem because as they go higher, they are told that if they are seeking nationwide support they must be for abortion... that is why Gore changed... any dem running for pres will be an abortion supporter...

that should speak volumes to people.... I just wish they would study the way these people change the stances over the years...


They can't be trusted.


God Bless,
ironmonk

Posted (edited)

[quote name='Azriel' date='Aug 18 2004, 03:30 PM'] who exactly are "you people"? [/quote]
I'm Sorry...

"You people" refer to the people who actually think republicans want the poor to starve, people to loose their jobs, etc... Those who believe the democrats are telling the truth about what republican plans will do and why the republicans want their plans in place.


An example that comes to mind would be the whole overtime lie that the democrats are claiming. If you haven't seen it, it's on the board somewhere.



God Bless,
ironmonk

Edited by ironmonk
Posted

[quote name='ironmonk' date='Aug 18 2004, 12:56 PM']
Don't ignore now... pay attention... very close attention... listen to both sides, double check everything....
99% of the democrats in office are crooks and are mindless.

80-90% of the republicans in office are good and smart.


[u]And if anyone here wants to argue the facts presented above:[/u] go do some US history study, starting in 1760 through 1800. The democrats in power today have to lie about the republican plans to win... that is why they're always saying that people are going to loose jobs, take money out of the poors mouths, etc....

[/quote]
:rolleyes:



Funny how the Republican/Democratic party have almost entirely flip-flopped their platforms from 200 years ago.... at least that's what I learned in the Texas educational system...

Posted

[quote]"You people" refer to the people who actually think republicans want the poor to starve, people to loose their jobs, etc... [/quote]

Republicans don't want people to starve and loose their jobs, who really wants that honestly?
However, Republicans gain the majority of their votes from White collar America, predominantly Caucasian, and Evangelicals and faithful Catholics....

Politics is all about you scratch my back, we'll scratch yours.... Republicans are all about big business and special interest (hint hint Haliburton overcharging us overseas)..... and I don't hate them for it... they are representing who gives them votes....

the democratics party gains its votes from minorities, and middle to lower class Americans, not to mention liberal activists... I will not apologize for having my interests fall within both party lines, I won't apologize for being diverse

I don't know any people from my neighborhood that saw any "tax cut," since the all these tax cuts to boost the economy did not go to lower classes... I guess they'll just have to keep going to food banks..

My parents had two great jobs at TI and General Dynamics.... too bad they went overseas, too bad we couldn't keep them here... and too bad no one received decent benefits for builiding cruise missiles, computer programs and F-16's, but oh yea George H. busted our unions...

ok I'm sorry I'm kinda rambling now so I'll stop

Godbless everyone,
~S.

P>S> IM don't assume you are the only one who researches all the sides of the book. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...