Soldier4Him Posted August 18, 2004 Posted August 18, 2004 This morning around 11 I was flipping through channels on tv and came across the hstory channel and something caught my eye. They were doing a program on the Incorruptibles! For those that don't know, Incorruptibles are saints who have died and their bodies have miraculousy been incorrupt, aka without decay. I sat up immediately and was mesmerized for the next hour. It was great to see a program about our beautiful Catholic Saints on a regular average tv station like that, and not just EWTN. Anybody else catch it by chance? Or have any thoughts on the Incorruptibles? Please share!
StColette Posted August 18, 2004 Posted August 18, 2004 I've seen that program its awesome !!! this website is awesome [url="http://members.aol.com/ccmail/incorruptbodies.html"]http://members.aol.com/ccmail/incorruptbodies.html[/url]
Iacobus Posted August 18, 2004 Posted August 18, 2004 I havn't seen that. The History Channel "normaly" is pretty good about religion. But the Discovery Channel DO NOT GET ME STARTED! I watched it on Easter when the History Channel wasn't doing religion and they just got me mad.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 18, 2004 Posted August 18, 2004 [quote name='Iacobus' date='Aug 18 2004, 12:30 PM'] I havn't seen that. The History Channel "normaly" is pretty good about religion. But the Discovery Channel DO NOT GET ME STARTED! I watched it on Easter when the History Channel wasn't doing religion and they just got me mad. [/quote] Are you kidding? The History Channel generally strives to discredit orthodox religion. Over Christmas break, I was watching a show about Christ and they had all these "DaVinci Code" scholars and Gnostics talking about Him. Then, finally, they had a Catholic priest, and he was a really fruity Jesuit! Argh! The History Channel is RARELY accurate...
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted August 18, 2004 Posted August 18, 2004 Incorruptables are SOOOOOO cool! I want to go see one? Has anyone seen one of the Incorrupt? That would be really cool to see! And St. Teresa of Avila's heart? I want to see that too!
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 18, 2004 Posted August 18, 2004 [quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Aug 18 2004, 02:12 PM'] Incorruptables are SOOOOOO cool! I want to go see one? Has anyone seen one of the Incorrupt? That would be really cool to see! And St. Teresa of Avila's heart? I want to see that too! [/quote] I haven't. I want to see the blood of St. Ianuarius, which liquifies twice per year, except for about eight times in history, shortly after each of which, some terrible tragedy has befallen Italy.
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted August 18, 2004 Posted August 18, 2004 (edited) That would be cool to see too! I just heard something about it not to long ago... Edited August 18, 2004 by FutureNunJMJ
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted August 18, 2004 Posted August 18, 2004 Wait, it was in the book I was reading... The Catholic Source Book... silly me...
cmotherofpirl Posted August 18, 2004 Posted August 18, 2004 (edited) [quote name='Soldier4Him' date='Aug 18 2004, 03:34 AM'] This morning around 11 I was flipping through channels on tv and came across the hstory channel and something caught my eye. They were doing a program on the Incorruptibles! For those that don't know, Incorruptibles are saints who have died and their bodies have miraculousy been incorrupt, aka without decay. I sat up immediately and was mesmerized for the next hour. It was great to see a program about our beautiful Catholic Saints on a regular average tv station like that, and not just EWTN. Anybody else catch it by chance? Or have any thoughts on the Incorruptibles? Please share! [/quote] That was a great program! THe stuff on the regular history channel can be suspect, but the stuff produced in Europe is far more balenced. The Biography Channel has been running a wonderful show on the Holy Father. Edited August 19, 2004 by cmotherofpirl
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 18, 2004 Posted August 18, 2004 [quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Aug 18 2004, 02:23 PM'] Wait, it was in the book I was reading... The Catholic Source Book... silly me... [/quote] The Catholic Source Book rocks! I've been repping it to people for about five years...
M.SIGGA Posted August 18, 2004 Posted August 18, 2004 [quote name='MorphRC' date='Aug 18 2004, 11:36 AM'] Isnt there one in Notre Dame Cathedral? [/quote] nope. I saw St. Catherine Labourd, St. Vincent de Paul, and St. Marie Aloquet this summer.
Carrie Posted August 18, 2004 Posted August 18, 2004 [quote name='StColette' date='Aug 18 2004, 03:47 AM'] I've seen that program its awesome !!! this website is awesome [url="http://members.aol.com/ccmail/incorruptbodies.html"]http://members.aol.com/ccmail/incorruptbodies.html[/url] [/quote] This site is awesome!
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted August 19, 2004 Posted August 19, 2004 [quote name='Raphael' date='Aug 18 2004, 02:46 PM'] The Catholic Source Book rocks! I've been repping it to people for about five years... [/quote] I'm borrowing it from my Youth Minister and I am going to return it tomorrow But I LOVE IT! It is so helpful and so awesome!
Iacobus Posted August 19, 2004 Posted August 19, 2004 [quote name='Raphael' date='Aug 18 2004, 12:49 PM'] Are you kidding? The History Channel generally strives to discredit orthodox religion. Over Christmas break, I was watching a show about Christ and they had all these "DaVinci Code" scholars and Gnostics talking about Him. Then, finally, they had a Catholic priest, and he was a really fruity Jesuit! Argh! The History Channel is RARELY accurate... [/quote] I havn't noticed that in the shows I have seen. But the Discovary Channel is :angry:
Soldier4Him Posted August 19, 2004 Author Posted August 19, 2004 One of my best friend's has a piece of St Teresa of Avila's habit!
MorphRC Posted August 19, 2004 Posted August 19, 2004 [quote name='M.SIGGA' date='Aug 19 2004, 07:37 AM'] nope. I saw St. Catherine Labourd, St. Vincent de Paul, and St. Marie Aloquet this summer. [/quote] I swear St. Bernadette was in Notre Dame, france. Maybe that was just a special occasion for the people there.
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted August 20, 2004 Posted August 20, 2004 [quote name='Soldier4Him' date='Aug 19 2004, 03:43 AM'] One of my best friend's has a piece of St Teresa of Avila's habit! [/quote] WHAT? That is SSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Awesome! I wish I had a piece of a Saints habit or something cool like that! Maybe it would do some good in my house... Is it a bad thing to have the Saint's relic in your church in a descreet corner bhind a plant that has grown too tall and has cobwebs all over it?
sista2b Posted August 20, 2004 Posted August 20, 2004 speaking of Saint habits, I found a piece of St. Pio's in Rome... Ok so Fr. Pontifex is my spiritual director and lately he's had this huge devotion to St. Pio. I was walking down the street towards St. Peter's trying to think of something I could get my beloved priest. (don't ya just love Fr. P?!) I didn't want to get just anything and I looked down and on the sidewalk and there was this Padre Pio holy card. I picked it up and on the back was this little brown cloth. I assumed it was a third class relic, which is still sweet! So when I got back, I gave it to Father after I told him the story. He went to this Italian priest who said it is a piece of his habit!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now