An Old School Catholic Message Board

Tattoos And Piercings...what's Your View?

Didacus

What are your views on tattoos and piercings?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love tatoos and body piercing.

I want to give burned tatoos a try (incandescant steel used to scar the skin and create the images. Extremely painful, and pretty rare to find a tatoo artist with the needed equipment and skill).

I am very sorry to hear the stories of people who got sick while getting a tatoo. My sincere sympathies.

But I do not believe the risk of illness makes tatoos wrong. Simply that caution is needed. Like driving a car - every time you go for a ride, you take the risk of being in an accident.

franciscanheart

[quote name='jasJis' date='Jul 7 2003, 05:00 PM']My tatooed brother-in-law says he hates the fact he spent money to buy a scar.  It fades as it gets older.  It's less appropriate as you get older.  You don't stay in shape.

When you have a celtic knot on your back at 45, your 15 year old won't listen to your advice when they want a face tattoo and teeth filing.

And pierceing is just wrong.  A belly button pierce is a nipple pierce that can be seen.  [b]Eyebrow and nose pierceing is for ugly people.[/b]  [i]Other[/i] pierceing is just degenerate.
[right][snapback]2232[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:huh:

i have my ears pierced. i dont see much of anything wrong with tattoos or piercings as long as they are respectful. there are obviously tattoos that are just dumb and not very respectful of ones own body. i do like, for example, lilred's tatoos.

i may never have the guts to get one but i defnitely like some of them and have thought about getting one. the ears for me was a huge deal... and i think this kind of thing should be a big deal.

zabbazooey

I have my eyebrow pierced. I got to for my 17th birthday.Now, 6 months later, I'm nervous about what impression I am leaving on others, such as the parishioners at church when I volunteer for RCIA and VBS, going to visit nuns in a monastery, going to China, and meeting the dean of a Catholic college I plan to attend for the first time.

Piercings are immature, expensive, and they give people the impression of ignorance, rebellion, and lack of respect. It just isn't worth it.

franciscanheart

theres a deal at my local tattoo parlor where on wednesdays theyll give you a piercing for half price!! woot. heh. not so expensive anymore. only 17.50!