An Old School Catholic Message Board

Kerry Is A Saint

track2004

Kerry was going to visit the Catholic National Cathedral outside Washington as part of his campaign. Kerry's campaign manager made a visit to the Cardinal and said to him, "We've been getting a lot of bad publicity among Catholics because of Kerry's position on abortion and the like. We'd gladly make a contribution to the church of $100,000 if during your sermon you'd say John Kerry is a saint."

The Cardinal thinks it over for a moment and agrees to do it.

Kerry shows up, and as the Mass progresses the Cardinal begins his homily. "John Kerry is petty, a self absorbed hypocrite and a nit-wit. He is a liar, a cheat, and a thief. He is the worst example of a Catholic I've ever personally known. But compared to Ted Kennedy, John Kerry is a saint."

-----------------

I don't know if it actually happened, but it's darn funny anyway!

[quote name='Iacobus' date='Aug 18 2004, 11:57 PM'] Isn't Ted Kennedy Catholic? So than wouldn't the worst Catholic he knew to Ted? [/quote]
I've heard some call Ted Kennedy an ex-Catholic because of his public adultery of his second "marriage".

Guest T-Bone

[quote name='Norseman82' date='Aug 19 2004, 12:34 AM'] I've heard some call Ted Kennedy an ex-Catholic because of his public adultery of his second "marriage". [/quote]
Wouldn't the same apply to John-boy?

i can actually picture that....

but i doubt the Cardinal would do that to somebody..

even if that somebody was John Kerry

srry my post meant to say, thats great, i lked it, but my keyboard was messed up, so i decided i'd wait w/ the liked part cuz it looked weird w/o the k in it.

Well if it did happen: Haha!!! I love it we need more bishops and cardinals saying stuff like that!!!

Edited by MC Just

[quote name='1337 k4th0l1x0r' date='Aug 19 2004, 12:28 AM'] I always heard this as a guy gives a priest $100 at his brother's funeral to say the same thing. [/quote]
me too