Lil Red Posted August 19, 2004 Posted August 19, 2004 I'm really tired of this sitcoms with a pretty good looking wife (usually pretty hot) and a slob or joe schmoe for a hubby. everybody loves raymond, king of queens, the jim belushi show (i forget what it's called), a new one coming on cbs with john goodman, and there's another one on cbs that i can think of. what is up with this? it's not really very realistic, and i wish they would make shows with a not so hot wife and a really hot hubby.
karissa Posted August 19, 2004 Posted August 19, 2004 I mos def agree with that Lil Red!!! I've said that for so long!! Not only is it unrealistic but it's not fair to girls!!!!!
theculturewarrior Posted August 19, 2004 Posted August 19, 2004 That's why I only watch EWTN. (Well, that and South Park sometimes. Oops.)
karissa Posted August 19, 2004 Posted August 19, 2004 It also makes girls think that they have to be hot just to get guys like that, so who knows how we are supposed to get the hot ones...Even though the insides are what counts but just from a looks only perspective....
homeschoolmom Posted August 19, 2004 Posted August 19, 2004 It all started when Fred and Wilma Flintstone hit tv... ... no wait... when Ralph and Alice Kramdon were on "The Honeymooners"... See? It's a tv staple... It's always been that way... It's nothing new.
karissa Posted August 19, 2004 Posted August 19, 2004 Even if it's not new it's tiring and should stop...With the number of girls in our society with self esteem issues I don't think it helps because when do you see normal let alone "big" girls as stars on sitcoms, let alone married to a good looking guy?? Roseanne can be left out of this convo
Lil Red Posted August 19, 2004 Author Posted August 19, 2004 the only show that i can think of that has a "real" girl for the star is "Less Than Perfect". I love that show.
homeschoolmom Posted August 19, 2004 Posted August 19, 2004 I think the whole set up of "smart, cute wife and dumb, sloppy hubby" is old but terrible... It would never happen the other way around. We'll never see "hot, smart hubby and dumb, frumpy wife" our society wouldn't go for it. It's the same in advertising...
Carrie Posted August 19, 2004 Posted August 19, 2004 I kinda think the guy in King of Queens is adorable. I like chunky guys better.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 19, 2004 Posted August 19, 2004 LOL My mom complains about this all the time... Just watch WB...I think they must pick all of their actors from swimsuit ads...
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 19, 2004 Posted August 19, 2004 [quote name='Carrie' date='Aug 19 2004, 12:22 PM'] I kinda think the guy in King of Queens is adorable. I like chunky guys better. [/quote] Chunky guys, eh? "Hellooooooooooooooooooo!" LOL j/k
karissa Posted August 19, 2004 Posted August 19, 2004 I think the guy from King of Queens is cute, I think it's because he reminds me of someone I know. I also think that Ray Romano is a good looking guy, but just my opinion, he's a little old for me anywho
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 19, 2004 Posted August 19, 2004 [quote name='karissa' date='Aug 19 2004, 12:43 PM'] I think the guy from King of Queens is cute, I think it's because he reminds me of someone I know. I also think that Ray Romano is a good looking guy, but just my opinion, he's a little old for me anywho [/quote] LOL Kevin James is funny. "MOTHER!" Everyone loves a fat comedian... Actresses to whom I'm attracted: Mandy Moore (beauty and voice) Ashlee Simpson (beauty and voice) That completes the list. LOL Of course, I'd rather have an ugly girl with a good personality than a drop-dead gorgeous girl with a bad attitude...
socalscout Posted August 19, 2004 Posted August 19, 2004 (edited) Yeah I'm not seeing a real problem with the hot wives thing. No...No I don't have a problem at all with it. Edited August 19, 2004 by socalscout
Lil Red Posted August 19, 2004 Author Posted August 19, 2004 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Aug 19 2004, 10:11 AM'] It all started when Fred and Wilma Flintstone hit tv... ... no wait... when Ralph and Alice Kramdon were on "The Honeymooners"... See? It's a tv staple... It's always been that way... It's nothing new. [/quote] just because that it's been that way from the beginning....does that make it right?
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 19, 2004 Posted August 19, 2004 [quote name='Lil Red' date='Aug 19 2004, 03:23 PM'] just because that it's been that way from the beginning....does that make it right? [/quote] Yes, that makes it right. Ugly, fat, smelly men...some might call them trolls...should always have the hope of having hotties.
Lil Red Posted August 19, 2004 Author Posted August 19, 2004 but women have to look perfect to get a slobby guy? give me a break.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now