An Old School Catholic Message Board

Did Judas Go To Hell?

White Knight

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='MichaelFilo' date='Aug 23 2004, 07:44 PM'] Repent he may of done, but he denied God's forgiveness by suicide. Suicide is intrinsincly evil, so it would mean hell. His repenting wasn't complete, since one must trust that God will forgive them, and that He is able to. Since he hung himself for a repented sin, then he didn't trust in his forgiveness. All roads point to hell, however, he MAY of repented. I still hope he did, however unlikely it is.

God bless,

Mikey [/quote]
No one knows what happens in the last seconds before death when we leave time and enter eternity.

White Knight

Well if we think about it, Peter betrayed Jesus too, not in the same way Judas did, but he betrayed him 3 times, by denining him 3 times. But then again Peter got back on track too so..... ummmm this is a real tough question.

Looks like its not going to get answered until we Meet the Lord in Heaven, Face to Face.

[quote name='MorphRC' date='Aug 22 2004, 09:55 PM'] He knew this was wrong, and against God. And the law says suicide is wrong, Im sure Christ taught that to him as well! So theres a 99.99% change hes with satan. [/quote]
dude how can we diminish God's mercy into statistics? Just cause he knew it was wrong - c'mon Christ teaches me well too

[quote name='MorphRC' date='Aug 22 2004, 10:00 PM'] Yes. Well thats a very liberal view towards this, imo. In other words your saying even though he did all this of HIS OWN FREE WILL, he might still go to heaven, then whats the point of following any of God's laws? We might go to heaven.

You cant use that for everything bro. He broke the law, he broke God's trust in Him, the law is there for a reason, not just decoration. [/quote]
The point of following God's law is so we'll be closer to him - for our happiness and good - It's not like we break a law and then we are sent to Hell

it's just like the laborers when the one showed up near the end of the day and got the same wage - fairness isn't an issue w/ God and neither is what we think is deserving

furthermore God doesn't stop trusting us b/c that's of God's love - and God doesn't stop loving those in hell either.

The law is there for a reason, but it isn't there for us to apply our own logic and fairness to it - God is bigger than our view of his laws

White Knight

..... I wonder when hes going to reply to my post... oh well.

I guess, this Question cannot be answered with Solid Evidence to proove it. Looks like We'll have to wait. :)

This post can't be answered. We can't be sure of anyones fate. OF course the man in hell is already doomed to hell. We are sure that certain people went to heaven (Mary, Elijah). Only sainthood can clarify someones fate to us on Earth (although I'd beg to say if it is mentioned in some Church approved private revalation, I'm willing to put my money on it that it's true).

Again, I state the unlikelieness of his salvation, but we must hope, and so it is bette rto not be discouraging. May God's love have prevailed!

God bless,

Mikey