dUSt Posted August 25, 2004 Posted August 25, 2004 Hmmm... [url="http://fatal4jc.tripod.com/"]http://fatal4jc.tripod.com/[/url]
dUSt Posted August 25, 2004 Author Posted August 25, 2004 I contacted him, and despite holding the rosary, he says he doesn't use it to pray and also said that's he's left the church and is now non-denominational.
Sammy Blaze Posted August 25, 2004 Posted August 25, 2004 He should post here, I wonder what he thinks of Catholic Hip-Hop? oh well.... Pax ~S.
musturde Posted August 26, 2004 Posted August 26, 2004 let's just h0pe he's not out to convert Catholics. Hah, then we could have Freestyle Battles (or Freestyle Debates).
littleflower+JMJ Posted August 26, 2004 Posted August 26, 2004 snatching your mind like im snatching a purse haha well lets say a prayer for him!
FabdaEclectic Posted August 26, 2004 Posted August 26, 2004 He's a good guy....He'll be rockin some of my beats soon.
follow_the_pelican Posted August 27, 2004 Posted August 27, 2004 I think he is fronting...could be wrong. But that is the feeling I got when reading his "about our founder"... he was a thug? his tattoos have meaning? um...those tatoos are rather religous for a thug...thats my take any way. any body know if he has any talent? I guess I will look into that...laterz
dUSt Posted August 27, 2004 Author Posted August 27, 2004 [quote name='DemonSlayer' date='Aug 27 2004, 07:42 AM'] So he was Catholic, but no longer is? [/quote] Right. He said he left the church and is now saved. I'll pray that he'll come back home someday, back into full communion with Christ's Body. We need more Catholic rappers. lol
follow_the_pelican Posted August 28, 2004 Posted August 28, 2004 He has skill...I apologize for being so uncharitable. I still dont buy thug land story though...call me thomas
golden.silence Posted August 28, 2004 Posted August 28, 2004 [quote name='follow_the_pelican' date='Aug 27 2004, 07:20 PM'] He has skill...I apologize for being so uncharitable. I still dont buy thug land story though...call me thomas [/quote] BWAHAHAHHAHAHAA!!! I like it!
MichaelFilo Posted August 29, 2004 Posted August 29, 2004 He was a thug, you can tell, Catholicism doesn't go with the thug life. Catholicism makes logical sense, Protestantism just looks good, and easy. The rosary is visually appealing, I think anyone can say, and so he more than likely is holding it for that reason. While I cannot say anything about anyone's future, anyone who turns away from the Truth is doomed for hell. Be careful what you listen to. God bless, Mikey
FabdaEclectic Posted August 29, 2004 Posted August 29, 2004 Folks, this is your good buddy Fab.... I have been reading this thread and really want to encourage you all....But first, I gotta be blunt with love in the Lord... I know The Saint. He's a good guy. He's got a heart for the Lord and has a specific genre in Hip Hop. I've read the posts about him and all I see is judgement. No one on here knows him personally, but have made statements based on his song titles and pictures. That's not cool, my friends. [quote]Protestantism just looks good, and easy....While I cannot say anything about anyone's future, anyone who turns away from the Truth is doomed for hell. Be careful what you listen to. [/quote] I'm protestant....does that mean I'm doomed for hell? Ask Pontifex...Ask Dust....ask MC Just. They know I'm a man of God, just as I know they are men of God. Let's not judge homey...Protestantism isn't easy....take it from a Protestant. [quote]I think he is fronting...could be wrong. But that is the feeling I got when reading his "about our founder"... he was a thug? his tattoos have meaning? um...those tatoos are rather religous for a thug...thats my take any way. any body know if he has any talent? I guess I will look into that...laterz [/quote] The Kingdom of God is about relationship. How many of you have tried to form a relationship with Saint? Maybe if you reached out, you'd be able to establish a friendship with him and understand why he's doing what he's doing? Again, you guys know me. I'm not lambasting anyone or upset about it. But I know the kid and he's a good kid. I'm Protestant, but you still give me love don't you? Give this man some love and seek him out. He's a good guy, and you will be a better person by getting to know him. Please don't judge. because when we judge, we miss out on a possible network connection, contact or friend. Feel me? Love you all Fab
MichaelFilo Posted August 29, 2004 Posted August 29, 2004 Protestantism is clearly the easy way out. You are not called to a life of holyness, but called to a life of laxity, of not caring for Christ's edict, as you are always saved, so what matter is it of yours if you carry out His will or not. Protestantism is a heresy, and if I had any say in it, should be fought on all fronts, with the other works of the devil. Leaving the truth (dissenting) when you have exposed to the fullness of Faith does result in being doomed to hell. You seem to have been born Protestant, so the heresy you follow is by all means, not really an option you chose, but your parents chose for you. Leaving the Catholic Faith does result in damnination. If he fully understood the Faith, and chose to reject it, he's not better than those in John 6:66. This thread, however isn't about Protestantism. The Saint would seem Catholic, by his name, and the rosary, however, he doesn't seem to be misleading, in the sense that he teaches things against the Church. While I cannot say, it's cool to listen to him, lest he does say something contradictory to our Faith, I think his music is, like other Protestant rap, isn't anything awful to be avoided at all costs. God bless, Mikey
FabdaEclectic Posted August 29, 2004 Posted August 29, 2004 (edited) [quote name='MichaelFilo' date='Aug 29 2004, 10:57 AM'] Protestantism is clearly the easy way out. You are not called to a life of holyness, but called to a life of laxity, of not caring for Christ's edict, as you are always saved, so what matter is it of yours if you carry out His will or not. Protestantism is a heresy, and if I had any say in it, should be fought on all fronts, with the other works of the devil. Leaving the truth (dissenting) when you have exposed to the fullness of Faith does result in being doomed to hell. You seem to have been born Protestant, so the heresy you follow is by all means, not really an option you chose, but your parents chose for you. Leaving the Catholic Faith does result in damnination. If he fully understood the Faith, and chose to reject it, he's not better than those in John 6:66. This thread, however isn't about Protestantism. The Saint would seem Catholic, by his name, and the rosary, however, he doesn't seem to be misleading, in the sense that he teaches things against the Church. While I cannot say, it's cool to listen to him, lest he does say something contradictory to our Faith, I think his music is, like other Protestant rap, isn't anything awful to be avoided at all costs. God bless, Mikey [/quote] Wow. I'll let the people who know me speak to you about who and what I'm about. You don't even know me bro. For the record, I was "christened" Catholic as a baby. Then I was "baptized" through the Father, Son and Holy Ghost at 10. Now, I love my Catholic brothers and sisters, so I won't lambaste the doctrine out of respect and knowledge that we both serve the same God...but I saw some holes in the doctrine and changed my theological thinking. But I can assure you...I WON'T be going to hell brudda. again...Wow. Blessings Fab Edited August 29, 2004 by FabdaEclectic
inDEED Posted August 29, 2004 Posted August 29, 2004 It is thinking like yours, MichaelFilo - that pushes people FROM Christ and His Catholic Church rather than draw them closer...It's a SHAME that you believe you're helping to reveal TRUTH and in doing so, are bringing hearts closer to Christ... This past weekend, the wife and I were walking down Mill Avenue - the popular college street here in Tempe and we had an encounter with some "streetpreachers" like the ones mentioned in Point 5's track... Once the young lady we encountered found out that we were Catholic, her judgement on us and our souls IMMEDIATELY cast us OUT of heaven and into HELL...She knew NOTHING about US, who we were, our souls, our actions, our beliefs, NOTHING...but, she DID know that we called ourselves, "Catholic"... I can only see the same thing happening here with the jugdement of this cat called, "The Saint"... Granted - as a Catholic person and emcee, I don't agree with him holding a Rosary on the front of his CD...but, I can tell you that WE as CATHOLICS CANNOT immediately say that he's destined for hell for turning away from the Church... I know a little bit about Fab...mostly because he MASTERED the entire FIRST Massmatics compilation, provided some DOPE BEATS (that he typically makes his living charging for) for FREE, and even donated $ to see the project happen...Why? Because it is HIS intention to promote Christ and the Kingdom of God in any way possible...EVEN if it's not directly in line with his own Christian belief.... MichaelFilo...I've seen A LOT of your posts around the Muzik section - many of them tend to cause separation rather than attempt to bring people together...My suggestion is that you recognize your place as a NEWBIE in this particular phorum and try to really understand WHO people are and WHERE they're coming from before you cast them to the fires of hell... My .75 cents... P.S. Fab - I love you, bro and thank God for your help and participation in our efforts...May Christ continue to bless you and yours...
littleflower+JMJ Posted August 29, 2004 Posted August 29, 2004 just a friendly reminder Michael ....please Read the pinned topic in the debate table cuz our man in black, with a white collar, aka Fr. Pontifex...speaks about what your last post was about. I just moved and pinned that topic yesterday..... [url="http://phorum.phatmass.com/index.php?showtopic=13221"]here[/url] Fab is right, so lets keep that in mind and just pray for all our brothers and sisters in Christ, since we can all use prayers, no matter who are.... as for all the judgment talk....lets leave that up for God since thats His department and His alone. also heres something to read about phatmass.. [i]We welcome religions of all faiths and diversity, and encourage ecumenical dialogue in a spirit of charity.[/i] Without love or charity, everything is in vain. God bless and much love to Fab.
MichaelFilo Posted August 29, 2004 Posted August 29, 2004 (edited) Can we read what I said? The Saint, if fully shown the Truth, and denies it, is doomed to hell. I did not assume that he was or wasn't , and so I didn't say he's going to hell. Leaving the Catholic Church, in full knowledge of the Truth does lead to damnation. Since I don't know about if you have or haven't, then I can't say anything. I do not plan on pushing anyone from the Faith, nor did I claim anyone in here is going to hell. I said, becareful of converted people, who were once Catholic, as they often times make the serious attacks against the Church. That is why, I said be careful with the music. Protestantism is a heresy. Followers of Protestantism, if born into it, are not heretics, as they did not dissent from the Church. They merely follow one. This is no fault of their own. I don't understand how preaching Church teaching will ever make anyone leave the Church. The Church is an uncompromising Teacher of Faith... not some watered down version of the Truth. I have not condemned anyone to hell, but spoke with the full knowledge of the Church's teaching. Anymore attempts to suggest I said anyone is going to hell, should be thought through, and thought through again. I cannot condemn, there is only one eternal Judge. I can only say what that same Judge has said through His Church. All dissenters from the Faith, in full knowledge of the Faith, are damned to hell unless they repent and reconcile. Then I gave my opinion about "The Saint" and said to becareful when listening to music that is written by an ex-Catholic, as it just so happens that many of them feel a hate for the Church. I didn't say all, nor did I say none. I said many. This is not some unfounded assumption, but one that comes from experience. Mr. Bro Adam could gladly tell you. Icthus is a constant example. Again, be careful of those who chose heresy against Truth, but I do not claim that I know who any of these people are. God bless, Mikey Edited August 29, 2004 by MichaelFilo
Recommended Posts