Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

* Deep Thoughts *


Recommended Posts

Posted

[quote]also, someone mentioned that we should go to sites with Catholics who espouse views not in line w/ the magisterium. at first i agreed. but, i've been thinking about the effect that catholic vs. catholic debate would have on someone who is new to catholicism or not experienced w/ debate. often times, this causes more scandal then debate w/ protestants. so, now i'm thinking these types of sites may need to wait until after everyone get's their feet wet w/ the protestants . what do u think?[/quote]

I agree 100%

[quote]
also, a few things to keep in mind when you are adding links to an entry:
1. if an article has a title and then a subtitle, separate them w/ a colon, not a hyphen
2. the subtitle needs to be in caps like the main title
3. subheadings (a heading under a minor heading) are underline and italicized.
3. i like to have only as many subheadings as possible, so always try to condense two into one if you can (for example, the "development of doctrine" section has way too many subheadings)

those are just some quick things that i noticed while i was going thru the reference section last night. i'll make the changes (b/c i may need to move some things around), just keep that in mind for the future

also, Cure, you don't have to put the author of the article in the title [/quote]

Ok, I will make a mental note of this.

[quote]
oh, i'll have to talk to dUSt about linking to minor headings. right now, i don't have the capability [/quote]

Cool

Posted

Phat Cat I have a question. If I have for example a link of the church fathers and the Eucharist, am I supposed to just put this in the Church fathers section, or under the sacrament section under church fathers, or both?

Posted

Phatcat, it won't let me edit the Eucharist and the Sacrifice of the Mass section. It says that it's locked. How do I edit this?

phatcatholic
Posted

[quote name='Cure of Ars' date='Aug 28 2004, 11:22 PM'] Phatcat, it won't let me edit the Eucharist and the Sacrifice of the Mass section. It says that it's locked. How do I edit this? [/quote]
open the thread w/ ur moderation options in the lower left of ur screen

phatcatholic
Posted

[quote name='Cure of Ars' date='Aug 28 2004, 10:18 AM'] Phat Cat I have a question. If I have for example a link of the church fathers and the Eucharist, am I supposed to just put this in the Church fathers section, or under the sacrament section under church fathers, or both? [/quote]
both

Posted

[quote name='phatcatholic' date='Aug 27 2004, 12:24 PM'] Cure’s Top 10

[url="http://www.hiphopforthesoul.com/board/index.php?showforum=4"]http://www.hiphopforthesoul.com/board/index.php?showforum=4[/url]

[url="http://forums.hiphopgateway.com/index.php?act=SF&f=4"]http://forums.hiphopgateway.com/index.php?act=SF&f=4[/url]

[url="http://www.sev-x.com/forums/index.php?showforum=22"]http://www.sev-x.com/forums/index.php?showforum=22[/url]

[url="http://www.jcyouth.com/forums/index.php?showforum=27"]http://www.jcyouth.com/forums/index.php?showforum=27[/url]

[url="http://www.youthspecialties.com/forums/message_boards/"]http://www.youthspecialties.com/forums/message_boards/[/url]

[url="http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15"]http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15[/url]

[url="http://www.fullyrelyongod.com/viewforum.php?f=45"]http://www.fullyrelyongod.com/viewforum.php?f=45[/url]

[url="http://globalteen.net/forum/index.php?showforum=6"]http://globalteen.net/forum/index.php?showforum=6[/url]

[url="http://www.thechristiandefense.com/forum37.html"]http://www.thechristiandefense.com/forum37.html[/url]

[url="http://www.zboard.net/index.php?act=SF&f=6"]http://www.zboard.net/index.php?act=SF&f=6[/url]


Extra Credit:

Not a nice place but I am already there so what the hay.

[url="http://www.prochoicetalk.com/message-board-forum/index.php"]http://www.prochoicetalk.com/message-board-forum/index.php[/url] [/quote]
cure,

where did you find these websites? i didn't see alot of them in the "Protestant websites need light of the church" thread.

am i retarded? :blink:

holla back,
nick

Posted

I took the liberty to find some myself. There was not enough sites that I felt would be good places to start. Most of the sights that were given where a little hostile to Catholics if you know what I mean. :D

Am I in trouble :( :P

Fiat_Voluntas_Tua
Posted

I have always wanted a section that outlines each book of the Bible (OT and NT) but outlines it in a not to simple yet not to thuro matter.

-UIOGD-

Andy

Posted

[quote name='Fiat_Voluntas_Tua' date='Sep 3 2004, 10:20 AM'] I have always wanted a section that outlines each book of the Bible (OT and NT) but outlines it in a not to simple yet not to thuro matter.

-UIOGD-

Andy [/quote]
i could always provide links to the introductions of eath book from the NAB. would that work?

Posted

Cure, you've been putting work in!! THANKS BRO!!

Posted

[quote name='phatcatholic' date='Sep 6 2004, 07:27 PM'] Cure, you've been putting work in!! THANKS BRO!! [/quote]
My pleasure. :) My God put my work to good use.

Posted

Cure................i deleted all the posts in the "post a link" thread that you described as "done"

Posted

[quote name='phatcatholic' date='Sep 8 2004, 07:29 PM'] Cure................i deleted all the posts in the "post a link" thread that you described as "done" [/quote]
I must say you keep a tidy board. :D I will do the same in the future.

Posted

i have five entries left and i'll be done w/ the index page for the reference section

Posted (edited)

Phatcatholic I have been thinking, very dangerous I know. Have you ever thought about putting a picture at the top of each link page, to add a little aesthetic value? Just an idea.

Edited by Cure of Ars
Posted

awesome! i like it :D i'll get right on that

Posted

..............actually, i think a pic would take up the amount of space i have to post links. space is precious, so i may not go w/ that idea--unless i could put pics in the left margin, underneath my avatar. that would be cool. i'll holla at dUSt.

Posted

If it's works out we may want to ask people from open mic if they will help us out finding pics. We got to much to do at this point to be looking for pics. It will also get more people involved and will get the word out about the ref section.

Posted

hey bro, u gotta make sure you use the format for adding links that i sent you in that PM a while ago. just provide the title, not the author or section, or magazine, or website or really anything else usually provided in a citation.

Posted

[quote name='phatcatholic' date='Sep 12 2004, 11:15 PM'] hey bro, u gotta make sure you use the format for adding links that i sent you in that PM a while ago. just provide the title, not the author or section, or magazine, or website or really anything else usually provided in a citation. [/quote]
Ya I know, I messed up awhile back, I have not been doing this lately I don't think. :unsure:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...