the_rev Posted August 27, 2004 Posted August 27, 2004 I would like to collect Catholic things. Now, I know Fr. Dave collects Noah's Ark Statues, Fr. Larry collects Holy Family Satues... What should the future "Fr. Eddie" collect? I have narrowed it down to the above three.
picchick Posted August 27, 2004 Posted August 27, 2004 Close one between Mary and Nativity. Why don't you try something harder. Like collecting St. Edward Statues or St. Joeseph Statues. I do like the nativity set idea though just cause there are so many of them and they are all so pretty. Crucifixs, Mary and the nativity are all pretty common
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 27, 2004 Posted August 27, 2004 [quote name='the_rev' date='Aug 26 2004, 08:46 PM'] I have narrowed it down to the above three. [/quote] The above three? Crucifixes...I love the Passion of Christ most of any of the related subjects.
the_rev Posted August 27, 2004 Author Posted August 27, 2004 Well I had a larger list, but I thought I would like the above four! LOL! I can't count!
voiciblanche Posted August 27, 2004 Posted August 27, 2004 I LOVE Crucifixes (what Catholic doesn't?) but I agree with Picchick on the fact that if uniqueness is what you're going for, a collection of Crucifixes probably wouldn't do it. I also love angels, however, so my personal choice after Crucifixes would be statues of angels. Something to pray about, perhaps. And someday when you're Father Eddie (very, very awesome , you'll have to call me up - I'd love to see you say Mass.
the_rev Posted August 27, 2004 Author Posted August 27, 2004 Maybe St. Therese Statues.... I love St. Therese.
myduwigd Posted August 27, 2004 Posted August 27, 2004 I think that having a lot of statues of Mary around the house would distract me from Christ, personally. Plus, I really love crucifixes! and you can find some really gorgeous and interesting ones.
Scofizzle Posted August 27, 2004 Posted August 27, 2004 I voted for Angels cuz theres a whole bunch of 'em and you could get a variety of stuff. I would say just collect catholic stuff in general. I collect keychains!!!
Guest T-Bone Posted August 27, 2004 Posted August 27, 2004 I've started quite the rosary collection...
Pete-ster Posted August 27, 2004 Posted August 27, 2004 I voted for Mary statues, unless you're planning a trip to Transylvannia, then a large collection of crucifixes might come in handy.
StColette Posted August 27, 2004 Posted August 27, 2004 I've started to collect Mary statues so that's what I picked
the_rev Posted August 27, 2004 Author Posted August 27, 2004 I should collect St. Padre Pio statues... I love him!
voiciblanche Posted August 27, 2004 Posted August 27, 2004 You should! I have a St. Padre Pio magnet in my locker.
Ash Wednesday Posted August 28, 2004 Posted August 28, 2004 I couldn't decide which one to vote for. Sorry! But I'm inclined to vote crucifix! I think you would see a lot more variety that way, and there are only so many different kinds of Mary statues out there. Lots of people collect angels -- but I think the crucifix is more "Catholic" Okay, I'll go back and vote "crucifix." I have a lot of Mary statues and rosaries even though I didn't intend to start a collection.... I inheireted a beautiful Mary statue from Italy when my aunt died, and when my mom died I kept her two Mary statues. I don't think having a lot of Mary statues means someone doesn't care about Jesus or wants to be distracted from him. At least that isn't the case for me. Some people find Mary to be comforting in her own unique way as a mother figure. :angel:
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now