An Old School Catholic Message Board

Jezebel

MC Just

Ok I need to know about Jezabel who was devoted to various "Baal's" including the baal of Child Sacrifice.

I believe this was to the Church of Thyatira

Rev 2:20 But I have this against you, that you tolerate the woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, and she teaches and leads My bond-servants astray so that they commit acts of immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols.

Is there a connection between this Jezebel and some of the so called "Catholic" factions? Like liberal and feminist groups? It certainly looks like it.. you know like the heterodox pro-choice groups? Also I notice there is alot of tolerance towards things that deserve no tolerance. Especially in the church in america. I've been noticing that pro-abortion people are being tolerated instead of corrected.

1Kings 18:4
for when Jezebel destroyed the prophets of the LORD, Obadiah took a hundred prophets and hid them by fifties in a cave, and provided them with bread and water.)

1Kings 18:13
Has it not been told to my master what I did when Jezebel killed the prophets of the LORD, that I hid a hundred prophets of the LORD by fifties in a cave, and provided them with bread and water?

She is accused in Revelation 2:20 of inducing members of the church there to commit acts of sexual immorality and to eat things sacrificed to idols. Some authorities suggest that the author of Acts here uses the name Jezebel as a nickname, knowing that readers in Thyatira would know who was being referred to, and would also know of the deeds of the previous Jezebel recorded in 1 Kings..

I'm also wondering if it has anything to do with "Women Priests" a ministry requested by groups such as "Call to action" and "we are Church"

Abortion actually comes from pagan rituals, in the days of old they sacrificed the Babies to molech I believe. Those who defend abortion rights and such and are tolerant of such things and are being led into it by Jezebel. (those horrible groups trying to get rid of orthodoxy and the moral and divine laws of the church.)

Edited by MC Just

[quote]Rev 2:20 But I have this against you, that you tolerate the woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, and she teaches and leads My bond-servants astray so that they commit acts of immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols.

Is there a connection between this Jezebel and some of the so called "Catholic" factions? Like liberal and feminist groups? It certainly looks like it.. you know like the heterodox pro-choice groups? Also I notice there is alot of tolerance towards things that deserve no tolerance. Especially in the church in america. I've been noticing that pro-abortion people are being tolerated instead of corrected.[/quote]

18 [20] The scheming and treacherous Jezebel of old (cf 1 Kings 19:1-2; 21:1-14; 2 Kings 9:22, 30-34) introduced pagan customs into the religion of Israel; this new Jezebel was doing the same to Christianity.

NAB Footnote For 2:20.

[quote]Abortion actually comes from pagan rituals, in the days of old they sacrificed the Babies to molech I believe. Those who defend abortion rights and such and are tolerant of such things and are being led into it by Jezebel. (those horrible groups trying to get rid of orthodoxy and the moral and divine laws of the church.) [/quote]

If you can get a source on that abortion statement, it would make a very strong connection between introduction of pagan rituals, and abortion as a pagan ritual, Which would make 'Pro-Choice "Christians"' rethink it, perhaps.

As we view the ties between occult religion and the abortion industry, the conclusion will become obvious. The promotion of abortion is not just a political and social issue; it is part of a religious and spiritual agenda the religion of witchcraft and child sacrifice.

Baal and Molech Worship

"And they built the high places of Baal that are in the valley of Ben-Hinnom, to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire to Molech" (Jeremiah 32:35).

"They have built also the high places of Baal, to burn their sons as offering to Baal" (Jeremiah 19:5).

Here the Bible implies what modern archaeologists and anthropologists have recently discovered: that Molech and Baal represent the same pagan god. The wife of Baal is Asherah and the wife of Molech is Ashteroth. Asherah and Ashteroth represent the same fertility goddess. This demon was known to the Greeks as Aphrodite; to the Egyptians as Isis; and to the Phoenicians as Tanet.

words of a pagan:

"Abortion is a sacrifice to Artemis. Abortion as a sacrament for the gift of life to remain pure." (p. 107)

"Our culture needs new rituals as well as laws to restore abortion to its sacred dimension, which is both terrible and necessary." (p. 92)

The biblical injunction, "You shall not suffer a witch to live" (Exodus 22:18) had nothing to do with the medieval or modern conception of witchcraft. In biblical times, those executed for witchcraft were not punished for merely casting spells. The death penalty for those within Israel practicing sorcery and idolatry was prescribed because of their monstrous practice of child sacrifice.

Edited by MC Just

Feminism & Paganism have had a connection from the beginning. (St. Peter.Net Article).

[url="http://r2rministries.com/abortion/X0209_Paris_Sacrament.html"]http://r2rministries.com/abortion/X0209_Paris_Sacrament.html[/url]

A few disgusting quotes from pagans:

"Artemis had a reputation for liking bloody sacrifices, including human ones ... a practice that has given paganism such a bad name.... The story of Artemis claiming Iphigena as a sacrifice can be told and understood in more than one way ... in one, Iphigenia is a victim, offered in sacrifice on the altar of Artemis; in the other Iphigenia becomes a heroine, and sacrifice takes on a different meaning. Since abortion is a kind of sacrifice, I believe an exploration of this myth may open up fresh avenues of thought." (p. 34)

---

"Our attitudes toward abortion are subconsciously stamped by Judeo-Christian values, even among those people who consider themselves completely liberated from them. We are now on the threshold of a liberalization of attitude toward abortion in many ways comparable to the freeing up of sexual attitudes thirty years ago." (p. 5)

---

"Our culture needs new rituals as well as laws to restore abortion to its sacred dimension, which is both terrible and necessary." (p. 92)

:(

daugher-of-Mary

[quote]"Our culture needs new rituals as well as laws to restore abortion to its sacred dimension, which is both terrible and necessary." (p. 92)[/quote]

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world! :sadder: :sadder: :sadder:

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='daugher-of-Mary' date='Aug 28 2004, 12:14 PM']
For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world! :sadder: :sadder: :sadder: [/quote]
Amen. :sadder:

cmotherofpirl

Bishop Fulton Sheen talked once about being on a plane next to a woman who when he pulled out his rosary beads explained she was prayting for an increase of abortions as sacrifices to Satan.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Aug 29 2004, 07:38 AM'] Bishop Fulton Sheen talked once about being on a plane next to a woman who when he pulled out his rosary beads explained she was prayting for an increase of abortions as sacrifices to Satan. [/quote]
:o How Horibble!!

[quote]Bishop Fulton Sheen talked once about being on a plane next to a woman who when he pulled out his rosary beads explained she was prayting for an increase of abortions as sacrifices to Satan. [/quote]

I think this is so important to know, that we are literally at war with satan. Abortion is truly a horrible evil we must stop with prayer, fasting and much sacrifice.

May God Have mercy on us.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Aug 29 2004, 07:38 AM'] Bishop Fulton Sheen talked once about being on a plane next to a woman who when he pulled out his rosary beads explained she was prayting for an increase of abortions as sacrifices to Satan. [/quote]
Oh Lord help us !! :sadder: that is so horrible !!