Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 30, 2004 Posted August 30, 2004 [quote name='theculturewarrior' date='Aug 30 2004, 02:59 PM'] Pheel phree to ostracize me. [/quote] Will do.
Deeds Posted August 30, 2004 Posted August 30, 2004 Bedknobs and Broomsticks! I was obsessed with it when I was little. Plus it has nothing morally distasteful in it whatsoever (unless you don't approve of magic - but it is Cinderella type magic, making suits of armour dance and so on).
homeschoolmom Posted August 30, 2004 Author Posted August 30, 2004 [quote name='Raphael' date='Aug 30 2004, 01:56 PM'] I don't know who Larry Hagman is, either... [/quote] Well now I feel incredibly ancient... "Joseph and... Dreamcoat" was HSdaughter's favorite musical when she was like four. I had the cd (from the broadway production) and she memorized the entire thing. She could have had the part of the narrator in any local production. Then, while she was still in that phase, one of the high schools did it. We went, she loved it. Keep 'em coming guys... I'm making a list... and TCW, Godspell? really...?
theculturewarrior Posted August 30, 2004 Posted August 30, 2004 Phrom what I saw (DIDN'T SIT THROUGH THE WHOLE THING RAPH :angry: ) it had a good message and wasn't overtly heretical. The "interface" is somewhat unorthodox, but appeals to my right brained sense of aesthetitcs. It makes me want to do a St. Francis.
Cat Germ Posted August 30, 2004 Posted August 30, 2004 I loved movies about the saints. There was a company called CCC, I don't know if they are still around or not, but I do see some of their movies hanging around at my freinds houses. My favorite was 'The Day The Sun Danced- About Our Lady of Fatima' I can't remember any more titles, but I saw one about St. Patrick, St. Fransis, St. Nicolas and other saints. :mouse: Cat
homeschoolmom Posted August 30, 2004 Author Posted August 30, 2004 [quote name='theculturewarrior' date='Aug 30 2004, 03:42 PM'] Phrom what I saw (DIDN'T SIT THROUGH THE WHOLE THING RAPH :angry: ) it had a good message and wasn't overtly heretical. The "interface" is somewhat unorthodox, but appeals to my right brained sense of aesthetitcs. It makes me want to do a St. Francis. [/quote] If I remember correctly, Godspell ends at the crucifixion... that's it THE END... everyone back in the VW bus...
mamalove Posted August 30, 2004 Posted August 30, 2004 The Rookie was pretty good. I thought "Wow! A Dennis Quaid movie with nothing objectionable!"
theculturewarrior Posted August 30, 2004 Posted August 30, 2004 That was Jesus Christ Superstar. I didn't watch the end of Godspell, but it was way more inspirational than Jesus Christ Superstar.
homeschoolmom Posted August 30, 2004 Author Posted August 30, 2004 [quote name='theculturewarrior' date='Aug 30 2004, 03:54 PM'] That was Jesus Christ Superstar. I didn't watch the end of Godspell, but it was way more inspirational than Jesus Christ Superstar. [/quote] Ah yes, you're right... I'm getting my Hippy Jesus movies mixed up...
yomichael Posted August 30, 2004 Posted August 30, 2004 Here are some movies I feel would be good. Spy kids 1,2 and 3 MVP: Most Valuable Primate Mighty Ducks 1,2 and 3---- These all have some rude things in them. Rigoletto---- Great for any age. 60'S AND 70'S DISNEY MOVIES Ernest Goes to Camp------ This one is a little rude. Rest are not. Ernest Goes to Jail Ernest Scared Stupid Ernest Save Christmas I will let you know if I think of more.
theculturewarrior Posted August 30, 2004 Posted August 30, 2004 I was going to recommend "Sid and Nancy," but [i]nevermind[/i]. [quote] Ah yes, you're right... I'm getting my Hippy Jesus movies mixed up... [/quote]
Brother Adam Posted August 30, 2004 Posted August 30, 2004 Older Disney movies Beauty and the Beast Robin Hood The Three Musketeers (with Mickey, Donald, and Goofy I believe) Some older movies like "Flight of the Navigator". Just go browse at a movie store in the kids section. There are a ton of good movies out there. Sound of Music, Singing in the Rain, Hunchback of Notre Dame...
StColette Posted August 30, 2004 Posted August 30, 2004 Darby O'Gill and the Little People hehe sorry the Irish is taking over
picchick Posted August 30, 2004 Posted August 30, 2004 Ice Age was a favorite here. try the veggie tales tapes too. That is a hit over here even for my parents!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now