Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted August 30, 2004 Posted August 30, 2004 Boy! I tell you what, when I got a phone call last night saying that my manager needed me to open this morning, I didn't think it'd be anything like this. I've been working since 8:30, and still have two hours to go. I've got mounds of packages, and hills of items to be packed. My feet hurt, I've got a headache again, and I'm supposed to go to RCIA tonight, after thinking that there wasn't any tonight. I won't be home til after 8:30, and the only thing that I want to do is go home, cry on my husband's shoulders, and crawl up into a ball and fall asleep with my kitty-kat at my feet. But instead of compliaing, I'm offering it up as a sacrifice. Anyone else know what it's like?
homeschoolmom Posted August 30, 2004 Posted August 30, 2004 be glad you're not eight and a half months pregnant... or... be glad you have a husband to curl up with (even though you can't right now) or... Be glad you have feet that can hurt... or... be glad you're employed... Okay... that's all....
Brother Adam Posted August 30, 2004 Posted August 30, 2004 You'll make it. We've all had hard long hard days.
homeschoolmom Posted August 30, 2004 Posted August 30, 2004 [quote name='Brother Adam' date='Aug 30 2004, 03:41 PM'] You'll make it. We've all had hard long hard days. [/quote] Not me! After school today (we were done at 11:30), we went to the raspberry fields and picked berries...
Cat Germ Posted August 30, 2004 Posted August 30, 2004 I know how you feel. But, if you just go to have fun, you should have a blast, right?
homeschoolmom Posted August 30, 2004 Posted August 30, 2004 [quote name='Cat Germ' date='Aug 30 2004, 03:44 PM'] It could be fun.... [/quote] MBA has already made it pretty clear that she doesn't think of (her particular class of) RCIA as fun.
Cat Germ Posted August 30, 2004 Posted August 30, 2004 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Aug 30 2004, 03:45 PM'] Not me! After school today (we were done at 11:30), we went to the raspberry fields and picked berries... [/quote] now that sounds like fun! I love picking berries, did they taste good?
Cat Germ Posted August 30, 2004 Posted August 30, 2004 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Aug 30 2004, 03:46 PM'] MBA has already made it pretty clear that she doesn't think of (her particular class of) RCIA as fun. [/quote] How come?
homeschoolmom Posted August 30, 2004 Posted August 30, 2004 [quote name='Cat Germ' date='Aug 30 2004, 03:47 PM'] now that sounds like fun! I love picking berries, did they taste good? [/quote] yeah, they were good. We only picked two pints. I learned the hard way not to go crazy. And since they are fall berries and they are really close to our house, we can go often. I'm going to make freezer jam with them...
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted August 30, 2004 Author Posted August 30, 2004 Here's my gripe for the day. The last Monday of the month for RCIA is supposed to be just the teachers getting together and discussing the next month's plans. Well...they switched it up, so tonight is supposed to be RCIA. I really don't wanna go. I'm tired, I'm in pain, and I just want to curl up and sleep.
homeschoolmom Posted August 30, 2004 Posted August 30, 2004 can I offer you an english muffin with fresh raspberry jam??
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted August 30, 2004 Author Posted August 30, 2004 No....just tell me I can stay home tonight, and I'll be happy.
Cat Germ Posted August 30, 2004 Posted August 30, 2004 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Aug 30 2004, 03:50 PM'] And since they are fall berries and they are really close to our house, we can go often. I'm going to make freezer jam with them... [/quote] yum!
homeschoolmom Posted August 30, 2004 Posted August 30, 2004 [quote name='Mrs. Bro. Adam' date='Aug 30 2004, 03:54 PM'] No....just tell me I can stay home tonight, and I'll be happy. [/quote] I have no authority to tell you what to do... but you have my permission to skip... for what it's worth...
Brother Adam Posted August 30, 2004 Posted August 30, 2004 Search your heart. You'll know what the right thing to do is.
Scofizzle Posted August 30, 2004 Posted August 30, 2004 Hey I told a friend of mines dad I would help out at his logan farms store before the all-star game here in houston. I thought maybe one or two days wouldnt be so bad. I turned out to be 6 18 hour days in a row. Now that was not fun. So be glad it sonly for one day. And youwill lso be glad when you get your paycheck. Much like I was.
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted August 30, 2004 Author Posted August 30, 2004 You only had six days. I've worked these kind of days for two to three months straight. The fact that makes it hard was thinking I'd be off hours ago, to find out that I get to close as well... I'm not in perfect health, so it makes it worse.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now