dUSt Posted August 31, 2004 Posted August 31, 2004 [url="http://phatmass.com/music/rachaellampa/"]http://phatmass.com/music/rachaellampa/[/url] Too harsh? Unfair?
HomeTeamFamily Posted August 31, 2004 Posted August 31, 2004 i was actually wondering about her BECAUSE she doesnt mention it on her website.....i dont see a problem with it although you may consider sending some emails to her or whoever reads them to address the concern......i know that omegarock identifies her as a Catholic artist as well so i dont know whats up but i think thats cool because i totally understand the purpose of the music section but id encouarge some follow up......
Crusader_4 Posted August 31, 2004 Posted August 31, 2004 No Dust your being completley appropriate. She is not actively promoting Christs Church and having a link to Lauryn Hills site is not appropriate for an active Catholic who is promoting the Church. In my eyes the right decision. I am not sure if you have done this but i would also send an e-mail to her notifying and making contact with her on the issue.
cmotherofpirl Posted August 31, 2004 Posted August 31, 2004 I think you ought to seek to contact her as well as post this notice.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted August 31, 2004 Posted August 31, 2004 Actually, I think you handled it quite diplomatically.
Sammy Blaze Posted August 31, 2004 Posted August 31, 2004 dUSt i think you should contact her... and give her my phone number....... haha j/k Your house, your rules, your call, It's all gravy homey Pax ~S.
Scofizzle Posted August 31, 2004 Posted August 31, 2004 Hey......you are doing the mission of the site......It's not your fault she is choosing to not rep the church in order to gain more fans
DancesforLove Posted August 31, 2004 Posted August 31, 2004 I don't think you were harsh or unfair at all, since you put it a way that was more "cut and dry" (she promotes anti-caths and has no catholic lyrics, you promote catholic music) and you didn't make it seem like a personal attack or anything. So, very nicely put Dust!
dUSt Posted September 2, 2004 Author Posted September 2, 2004 I contacted her (well, her management). Here's the reply I received: [font="Times"]Webmaster, Rachael is an Artist who happens to be a charismatic Catholic. Rachael creates art based on her life experience. She sings lyrics that are honest, authentic and relevant to the world around her. She certainly has a spiritual mindset in all aspects of her life and chooses to promote Jesus Christ at every turn; however, she does not promote any denominations, but rather chooses to embrace all people with the love and grace per Christ's example. A good analogy is that of a painter who happens to be a Christian. They don't just paint crucifixes, but all sorts of subject matter regarding their life experience. Regarding Lauryn Hill, Rachael has been inspired by her creativity and overall positive message. We can't speak in regards to Lauryn's words or actions. I respect your decision to not support Rachael from your site and wish you God's blessings. Kind regards, Eric Wright WRIGHT management [/font]
StColette Posted September 2, 2004 Posted September 2, 2004 I'm with HSmom, there ya go, It seems that she is in support of Lauryn Hill who by her actions and words is anti-Catholic, and the message that she sends isn't a positive one towards Catholics. So I think you did the right thing
jmjtina Posted September 2, 2004 Posted September 2, 2004 "who [i]happens[/i] to be" like, she [i]happens[/i] to like jello...... Good call dUSt. Much prayers to you and your family. Thanks for taking care of this phamily as well!
homeschoolmom Posted September 2, 2004 Posted September 2, 2004 [quote name='jmjtina' date='Sep 2 2004, 03:49 PM'] "who [i]happens[/i] to be" like, she [i]happens[/i] to like jello...... [/quote] Dangit... That "happens to be" nonsense really makes me mad... as someone who CHOSE to be Catholic, I don't buy that anyone is any religion by happenstance. Can't people take responsibilty for thier choices? She chooses to be Catholic, then by golly, BE CATHOLIC!!!! It's like she accidentally made a wrong turn and landed her butt in the pew of a Catholic parish... or flipped a coin or something....
littleflower+JMJ Posted September 2, 2004 Posted September 2, 2004 i think you did good, i mean the fans shouldn't be the one to say shes catholic, they should say it for themselves...... you got a purpose and your abiding by it....by the email sounds like they understand and agree
Paladin D Posted September 2, 2004 Posted September 2, 2004 I was about to buy one of her cd's, but after seeing this... I'll pass. You did the right thing [b]dUSt[/b].
Ash Wednesday Posted September 2, 2004 Posted September 2, 2004 I could understand why you would want to omit her from the "Catholic" music section. "Christian" would fit her music, or "inspirational," but not specifically "Catholic." I suspect there are a lot of Christian pop musicians that happen to be Catholic but shy away from the Catholic badge, maybe because they think it would limit their audience too much. I think including Rachael Lampa as a Catholic celebrity in the revamped celebrity section would be okay, though. While some criticism is warranted, I don't think we should be totally harping on her so visciously -- there are musicians who happen to be Catholic that rep the church beyond hideously and don't appear have Christ in their lives at all. In any case, I applaud dUSt for raising these issues with her. P.S. Lauryn Hill is soooooo pretentious!!!!
Phazzan Posted September 2, 2004 Posted September 2, 2004 [quote name='dUSt' date='Aug 31 2004, 05:48 PM'] [url="http://phatmass.com/music/rachaellampa/"]http://phatmass.com/music/rachaellampa/[/url] Too harsh? Unfair? [/quote] If you don't wish to promote her, because you feel she isn't serving her purpose as a Catholic artist, that's fine, but the part about the Lauryn Hill link is just stupid. It's not like she's a satanist or anything, she's a musician.
dUSt Posted September 3, 2004 Author Posted September 3, 2004 [quote name='Phazzan' date='Sep 2 2004, 06:46 PM'] If you don't wish to promote her, because you feel she isn't serving her purpose as a Catholic artist, that's fine, but the part about the Lauryn Hill link is just stupid. It's not like she's a satanist or anything, she's a musician. [/quote] [b]You're[/b] stupid.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now