Guest Thomas Dubbin-McCrea Posted September 2, 2004 Posted September 2, 2004 All of you, go read 'Father Elijah' by Michael O'Brien right now. It is not only the best spiritual book I have ever read, it's the best book in general. It's a thick read, but it's a page turner too. Go check out your local library for it. I found a link to the Amazon.com page for it. That might have a bit more info on it. [url="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0898706904/qid=1094088819/sr=8-1/ref=pd_ka_1/102-0892686-0380948?v=glance&s=books&n=507846"]LINK[/url] Enjoy!
Spiritual_Arsonist Posted September 2, 2004 Posted September 2, 2004 Divine Intimacy is great when I hve the time.
goldenchild17 Posted September 2, 2004 Posted September 2, 2004 The Bible St. Therese's autobio trying to finish imitation of Christ and Anne Catherine Emmerich's book, St. Alphonsus Ligouri's 12 steps to holiness(can't remember if that's the title...) Trustful Surrender to Divine Providence and many more. But from what I've read the above are my favorites so far.
HomeTeamFamily Posted September 2, 2004 Posted September 2, 2004 ok i dont claim to be a literary scholar, or even to like reading, but i particularly enjoy "The Good News About Sex and Marriage" by Christopher West as well as the little ive read of "Mere Christianity" by CS Lewis ive got a reading list so long, im gonna be busy for the next 5 years!!!!
Colleen Posted September 2, 2004 Posted September 2, 2004 [quote name='VoloHumilisEsse' date='Sep 2 2004, 12:49 AM']ive got a reading list so long, im gonna be busy for the next 5 years!!!![/quote] Same here, I'm reading so many books I'm never going to finish them all! [quote name='VoloHumilisEsse' date='Sep 2 2004, 12:49 AM']ok i dont claim to be a literary scholar, or even to like reading, but i particularly enjoy "The Good News About Sex and Marriage" by Christopher West as well as the little ive read of "Mere Christianity" by CS Lewis[/quote] "Good News" is an excellent book! I've read most of it, too. And I really want to read "Mere Christianity," but I haven't been able to get ahold of it. Which, I suppose, is a good thing, in a way, because I am reading way too many books as it is. I also love The Way, the Imitation of Christ (whoever made the analogy that it is like cheesecake, you're so right!), and many, many more.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now