CreepyCrawler Posted September 2, 2004 Posted September 2, 2004 I LOVED Harold and Kumar go to White Castle. My friend (a guy) had to drag me to see it but I haven't laughed so hard at a movie in a long time! It was hilarious. Not only that, I felt like it addressed a lot of racial and cultural stereotypes people have in this country in a humorous way that made you think. Maybe they didn't solve any problems, but they did show that Asians are just as insane as everyone else Plus, who can argue with a movie with, not one, but TWO Asian leads? I saw it twice.
MarieCecilia Posted September 2, 2004 Posted September 2, 2004 I heard it was all about these guys being on drugs. I didn't think it was worth seeing. Did I get the wrong info?
CreepyCrawler Posted September 2, 2004 Author Posted September 2, 2004 well, it is a stoner comedy and there is a lot of crude humor, but the way they tackle racial stereotypes in that movie IS HILARIOUS and it makes you think about them, too, since they're stereotypes a lot of people hold. i guess it's not a movie i'd take my mother to see, but it was so good i saw it twice for a total of $16.00 and i'm really cheap...
Hermione Posted September 6, 2004 Posted September 6, 2004 "With that Asian guy from [i]American Pie[/i]! And that Indian guy from [i]Road Trip[/i]!"
White Knight Posted September 6, 2004 Posted September 6, 2004 Never saw American Pie, but I did see Road Trip.
Hermione Posted September 6, 2004 Posted September 6, 2004 Tons of nudity, no actual plot (Road Trip, that is)~ An adolescent male movie~ American Pie was the same I guess, but a little grosser~ I guess it'd be funny if you like physical comedy (the kind where people slip on banana peels)~
peach_cube Posted September 7, 2004 Posted September 7, 2004 Ick, I avoid all movies that fit into the "adolescent male" humor catagory. Don't cha think that there is something wrong about watching movies with nudity. In my mind, these movies enforce stereotypes that it is okay for a guy to view women as sex objects and degrade them. It is not as if we are talking about artistic nudity like Michelangelo's "David". I would say that nudity in these films falls more into the catagory of pornography.
Oik Posted September 7, 2004 Posted September 7, 2004 [quote]well, it is a stoner comedy and there is a lot of crude humor...[/quote] [quote]i guess it's not a movie i'd take my mother to see...[/quote] [quote]"With that Asian guy from American Pie! And that Indian guy from Road Trip!"[/quote] :...:
Hermione Posted September 7, 2004 Posted September 7, 2004 Yeah... in the case of all the movies mentioned, the nude scenes're obviously just there to rake in viewer ratings... they serve no purpose whatsoever~ Like in Road Trip, they showed a communal bathroom full of naked girls just cos Tom Green was telling a story in his terms... I mean, even if it was just him being a dumba*s, there was no need to show all these girls from shoulder down... it was clearly a sign for teenage boys to sneak into theatres with false IDs just so some "the -something- brothers" in Hollywood can earn millions.
White Knight Posted September 7, 2004 Posted September 7, 2004 Its been awhile since I seen Road Trip, I can't remember alot of it lol.
MorphRC Posted September 22, 2004 Posted September 22, 2004 Its a bunch of sex-crazied, drugged up bull, like Id waste my money on this, maybe ill go see Cats instead.
Guest T-Bone Posted September 22, 2004 Posted September 22, 2004 Maybe a herd of cats? There used to be one around my nieghborhood...
MorphRC Posted September 22, 2004 Posted September 22, 2004 [quote name='White Knight' date='Sep 22 2004, 05:07 PM'] Cats..... the Play? [/quote] yeh..lol
Guest T-Bone Posted September 22, 2004 Posted September 22, 2004 Never saw it, never had the desire to see it.
MorphRC Posted September 22, 2004 Posted September 22, 2004 Theres only so much sex, nudity etc etc u can take before you begin to get sick.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now