An Old School Catholic Message Board

Round Table

Soldier4Him

ilc~you are indeed correct. this thread is for Knights only. dunno why Al unpinned it though. I haven't tried the rubber band technique yet. But I have another suggestion for avioding temptation. When it happens, get to a place with other people as quickly as possible. If you are with someone else, you won't fall into that sin. If it's late at night, sit outside on your front steps. You won't do those things when cars can drive by. If your at college in a dorm, get into a common area like your lounge. It works. I'm praying for you all, my fellow Knights.

Guest AloysiusGhost

i didn't feel like deleting that post. it was up for a few weeks in september and that's about all i intended it for, that's why i unpinned it.

if enough ppl participate in september and report to me october 1 they're will be a whole new round table thread started by September's best knight.

let_go_let_God

Hello again my fellow knights, college is proving to be a dutiful task and yet, I am finding tons of ways to keep with my faith life. There are so many awesome young adults on campus (and the rival campus *cough umd cough*) but we are all becoming friends.

[quote name='Soldier4Him' date='Sep 20 2004, 11:35 PM'] When it happens, get to a place with other people as quickly as possible. If you are with someone else, you won't fall into that sin. [/quote]
not necessarily... let me clarify this.

get to a place with people that won't increase the temptation even more... not necessarily at that moment.. but later on. what i'm exhorting is to stay away from the opposite sex when this happens... if you get my drift.

it's rough. i continue to challenge this every day. BUT

i have my sword... the sword of Truth, which shall slay the dragon!!!

ilc~i get what your saying. i was just saying that if you're surrounded by people you don't know, you won't, at that precise moment, sin with physical impurity. but i suppose that may not stop the mind. i see both sides.

this is the last day of our month's Table....

i pray everyone is finding success in resisting temptation. St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle.