An Old School Catholic Message Board

Weird

theculturewarrior

theculturewarrior

In my new apartment, there is a closet with no shelves, no place to hang clothes, nothing. Then on the outside of the closet are three locks, including a sliding bolt.

Is it just me, or is that wierd? Please tell me I'm overreacting, and why.

:ph34r:

theculturewarrior

My mom says I'm overreacting. She also said she remembered a bar in there for clothes. But really, a sliding bolt on the outside of a closet? :huh: :blink: :wacko:

Don't lie TCW, I know you're still living with mum and dad... and grandpa and grandma for that matter... and you're little sister... and the Russian exchange student Jelena... and Uncle Tom and Aunty Beryl...

:rolleyes:

[quote name='Phazzan' date='Sep 5 2004, 10:39 AM'] Don't lie TCW, I know you're still living with mum and dad... and grandpa and grandma for that matter... and you're little sister... and the Russian exchange student Jelena... and Uncle Tom and Aunty Beryl...

:rolleyes: [/quote]
:angry:

the former tenets used it to store thier cashin after they heisted banks. Then one of them drowned in all the money......... your place i haunted...run away...... :funeral: :o

theculturewarrior

Well, I went back today and I took a second look. It is in fact a closet. It appears that they moved the door from somewhere else, because one of the locks is incomplete, and one of the locks opens from the inside of the closet. But still, a sliding bolt? :blink:

Anyway, the sliding bolt is rusty so it must be old. Which makes me feel slightly better about the situation. :)

i feel like im taking crzy pills

Yes, I think that does seem a little odd. Replace the doors, paint the inside, and put up some shelfs and regular closet things! :D I duno.. maybe you should ask someone... but then again, that conversation in itself might be wierd.. hmm.. didn't you look at the closet before you bought the apartment?

theculturewarrior

My mom's guess was that at one point, that was the only way to close the door. I remembered it to be a lot more threatening-looking than it really was. In my imagination I saw a black door with black door knobs and red locks. JK! :P

Anyway, I still have every intention of getting the pastor of my new parish over to bless my home, and today me and my phamily said a lay blessing. Also, I've got my great grandma's crucifix on the wall, with an image of Our Lady of Guadalupe next to it. Around the cross I hung my benedictine cross necklace, and my niece put a rosary she made for me on the wall. :)

I think I can hold out until Msgr. Gus comes. :cool: :nerd:

CreepyCrawler

maybe they used it to hide their valuables in there? or maybe your apartment was owned by mafiosos and used it to store dead bodies? or maybe.... just get a new door! :)