An Old School Catholic Message Board

Oppression

dairygirl4u2c

dairygirl4u2c

I can't send private messages or emails to other people. I won't hold it to the Catholic Church theologically as many nonCatholics would. But this is like the sins of the overly rigid in the days of yore. Like the people who tell Catholics not to read some books then and even now.

I haven't abused my messaging. When will the oppression stop?

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

I've seen this topic come up before and if I remember correctly a long time ago there was a problem with some Non-Catholics PMing Catholics who were new to the faith or not as knowledgable about their faith and they were trying to persuade them to leave the Catholic Church.

Now if I'm correct Dust took away the privilage for non-Catholics to PM because of this so that it would insure that this problem would not occur again. Everything on phatmass is a privilage that is given to us by Dust and his decisions for the well-being of the Catholics on here should be respected.

God Bless,
Jennie

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' date='Sep 6 2004, 09:43 AM'] I can't send private messages or emails to other people. I won't hold it to the Catholic Church theologically as many nonCatholics would. But this is like the sins of the overly rigid in the days of yore. Like the people who tell Catholics not to read some books then and even now.

I haven't abused my messaging. When will the oppression stop? [/quote]
[i]Oppression?[/i]

Lets learn about the word "oppression".

=============================================

Main Entry: op·pres·sion
Pronunciation: &-'pre-sh&n
Function: noun
[b]1 a :[/b] unjust or cruel exercise of authority or power [b]b :[/b] something that oppresses especially in being an unjust or excessive exercise of power

[url="http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=oppression"]Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary[/url]

Reason for not having IM options:

[quote]I've seen this topic come up before and if I remember correctly a long time ago there was a problem with some Non-Catholics PMing Catholics who were new to the faith or not as knowledgable about their faith and they were trying to persuade them to leave the Catholic Church.

Now if I'm correct Dust took away the privilage for non-Catholics to PM because of this so that it would insure that this problem would not occur again. Everything on phatmass is a privilage that is given to us by Dust and his decisions for the well-being of the Catholics on here should be respected.

God Bless,
Jennie [/quote]

Keep the word "oppress" for people that are, and not for self-victimizing. ty

dairygirl4u2c

[quote]Everything on phatmass is a privilage that is given to us by Dust and his decisions for the well-being of the Catholics on here should be respected. [/quote]

Not that I was part of the self victimizing or that it's not unfair. But I suppose.

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

Regarding the list of forbidden books, just how much do you know about it? Or did you make assumptions from something printed by an anti-Catholic on it?

The Bible was once on the list, but do you know what version, why it was on the list, and from whom it was fobidden and for how long?

There is a rhyme and reason for everything if one chooses just to be intellectually honest.

The matters we deal with here at the debate table are eternal. We don't have time to try to "prove the other person wrong". We must each seek out truth in honesty and charity. I would personally prefer to go to heaven lame, then to hell with all of my limbs. Seek Truth above seeking proving anyone right or wrong.

In another thread on this topic, dust said he would set up another group for the known abusers of private messages, and only ban PMs for those users and restore PMs for other members of the noncatholic and phishy groups

When are you going to do this dust?

dUSt is a busy man, this site is already exceeding it's bandwith, for which dUSt has been paying out of pocket for. Right now Phatmass is taking the KISS approach and cutting back on the "fru-fru" (as a former priest of mine would say). So I wouldn't count on any further developments in your capabilities at this time.

[quote name='Theoketos' date='Sep 7 2004, 12:29 PM'] dUSt reminds me of a young St. Benedict. [/quote]
aww, he does! :P he's created the Holy Rule of Phatmass so that we might combine "work" and prayer in service to God. thanks Dust! :D

[url="http://www.ocf.org/OrthodoxPage/reading/St.Pachomius/Saints/dia2.html"]http://www.ocf.org/OrthodoxPage/reading/St...aints/dia2.html[/url]

dairygirl...........if i remember correctly, you wrote something a long time ago in this board telling everyone that if we emailed you then you would share some information with us that would "shake our faith." i believe it was in a debate with me actually. comments like that are why you don't have PM privilages