Guest Gurly_07 Posted September 10, 2004 Posted September 10, 2004 [COLOR=orange][FONT=Geneva][FONT=Arial]
White Knight Posted September 10, 2004 Posted September 10, 2004 Never saw it, I heard it was kind of strange lol.
Socrates Posted September 12, 2004 Posted September 12, 2004 I thought it was a good creepy flick -didn't give me nightmares, though - most things don't. Beginning and end were good - the middle dragged a bit. I think the back story was what made this particularly scary beyond the shock effects - that was one scary little girl, even before she became a ghost! The movie also made things like telephones and T.V. sets scary. I still haven't watched the Japanese original.
Deeds Posted September 12, 2004 Posted September 12, 2004 This film was horrible. It's the scariest I've ever seen, scarier than the Exorcist (ok, I am a wimp...) The bit where she climbs out of the... *shudders* I haven't seen Ringu and I don't want to! :ph34r:
azaelia Posted September 12, 2004 Posted September 12, 2004 Is it bad that I love this movie? The only thing that bothered me was after she climbed out of the tv and was standing there, and just suddenly jumped closer, almost without moving. I jumped me :ph34r: [quote]It's the scariest I've ever seen, scarier than the Exorcist (ok, I am a wimp...) [/quote] The Excorcist barely phased me, actually. Maybe I'm just desensitized.
DemonSlayer Posted September 13, 2004 Posted September 13, 2004 Nightmares? I've never had nightmres as a result of a movie, certainly not The Ring. Anyway, which version of Ring are youse actually talking about, the Japanese original or the American remake? On a side note, Ring 2 is being made.
zwergel88 Posted September 18, 2004 Posted September 18, 2004 The Ring was one scary movie, I could hardly watch it, I had my eyes closed the whole time, but it didn't give me night mares. wow, now I can hardly remember what it was about, I just remember something about horses falling off a boat, and the creepy little girl.
Kaeldra Posted September 20, 2004 Posted September 20, 2004 I saw that....like 6 timse....it started disturbing me after the 3rd....very messed up...lol
cathoholic Posted September 22, 2004 Posted September 22, 2004 I laughed my but off, the music compliments what's going on very well as it shreeks making the sound travel down your spine, but I'm not easily scared :freak:
White Knight Posted September 22, 2004 Posted September 22, 2004 really, funny, to see how some people see this as a comedy lol, because thats what most horror movies are now, basicially theres no such thing anymore.
Crusader_4 Posted September 23, 2004 Posted September 23, 2004 Well i thought it was a great horror movie kept me entrenched and had a better story plot then most altho it still did not give me nightmares. Even the exorcist did not freak me out all that much.
White Knight Posted September 23, 2004 Posted September 23, 2004 Which Excorist movie did you want the new one or the original one?
ATF90 Posted September 23, 2004 Posted September 23, 2004 It was a good horror movie. It didn't keep me up at night.
White Knight Posted September 23, 2004 Posted September 23, 2004 The thing is the Horror Era, is at its lowest, ever, thats why there trying to get back to the basics, like Dracula, Zombies, Slasher Films. Trouble is, there spawning more bad films, and less good films, or maybe there spawning just as many good films as bad, but the good ones hardly go noticed, while the bad ones are feed with attention. Slasher films aren't like they used to be, alot of people can agree on that. Horror in general, isn't like it used to be.
Adam S Posted September 24, 2004 Posted September 24, 2004 See the Japanese Rings, Ring, Ring 2, and Ring 0 That freaky girl? Imagine if you couldnt see her face, imagine if she had her hair covering her face like a large curtain - weird!!! American horrors are rubbish. Scariest jap horror (and scariest movie ive seen in ages) is "Tale of 2 sisters" - taps into all your deepest fears. Only other horror flick ive ever found truly scary is The Exorcist - simply because to me (and to most ppl on the board im sure) its beaver dam real. I remember going home after seeing it at a friends house and praying "Please please please dont let me be possessed.....ever!!!"
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now