An Old School Catholic Message Board

Becoming Church Faithful

franciscanheart

franciscanheart

This is probably the hardest task I have ever taken on....

I want to be a faithful member of my church, and recognized as such. Maybe thats really egotistical of me but I do want it.

I am striving to be the very best I can be at apologetics though the number of topics up for grabs seems to be dwindling. I am going to have to find another source of information so that I can improve upon already written tracts (possibly).

Please pray for me in my struggle....

God bless,
Laura Thomas

I have a question:

What do the little banners/shields under some people's title's mean?

And what exactly does one do on the apologetics board? I haven't quite figured it out.

Hi FutureSoror,

The regular tags under one's name can refer to the number of posts one has. For example, if you're relatively new to PM, your tag will probably read PM Newbie. Once you've got a certain number of posts, it'll read PM Super Alien and so forth. The titles "Church Faithful," "Church Militant," and "Church Scholar" are given by the PM administration. To be a Church Faithful, you have to post at PM a lot, and most importantly, you've got to be shown to be totally faithful to the teachings of the Catholic Church. Future Church Faithfuls are nominated by two or more people with CF, CM, or CS titles. To be a Church Militant, you've got to have shown yourself to be apt at defending the Church (as well as being totally faithful), and you've got to be nominated by two or more Church Militants. Church Scholars are the chosen few who are faithful apologists and who usually have a formal degree in theology.

I hope this helps. :)

God bless,

Jen

franciscanheart

i knowi ask for a lot of prayers but this one and the convention/conference thing go hand in hand.... maybe that will help....

so bump again....