theculturewarrior Posted September 14, 2004 Posted September 14, 2004 Do you love your job? I love mine. I work in a university library, at the reference desk. My biggest responsibility is to help students locate resources, whether in print, or in online journals and databases. Every now and then, students get a little stressed out, and they can be a little "off" at times. But for the most part, they are genuinely grateful for the help. This may sound silly, but I get a great sense of satisfaction knowing that I am helping someone to reach their dreams. Do you love your job?
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted September 14, 2004 Posted September 14, 2004 I guess, I like working with power tools in th escene shop, but I don't like my hours at present because they conflict with a Catholic Scripture Study I want to go to... That's my only gripe about my job...
Sojourner Posted September 14, 2004 Posted September 14, 2004 I like my job. I work as a reporter for a legal review newspaper and for a public notice newspaper. I get to cover a WIDE variety of topics involving business, the law, construction, real estate, and much more. I like the work because it provides a public service -- people need to know what I'm writing about. Also, I like it because I like meeting new people and learning new stuff. My job is all about researching, understanding, and communicating ideas, and I really do learn something new every day. I like that. In the past, though, I've struggled with feeling like I was exploiting people in order to sell papers. For example, one time I interviewed a woman whose son had shot his father/her husband. I felt awful about coming into the family's life in the midst of all the horror and making her talk to me about the whole situation. I don't have to do that kind of writing now, and I hope I never do again.
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted September 14, 2004 Posted September 14, 2004 [quote name='Lil Red' date='Sep 14 2004, 12:15 PM'] i love my job, i'm a youth minister. [/quote] Lucky!
Ash Wednesday Posted September 14, 2004 Posted September 14, 2004 I love my career field -- art, and design. I *like* my job. It's okay. I wasn't so high on it until now because it wasn't challenging to me, but I get to teach a college course now, too. So this makes me enjoy my job more.
Carrie Posted September 14, 2004 Posted September 14, 2004 I love my job. I'm a counselor for kids with developmental disabilities.
jp2_rules Posted September 14, 2004 Posted September 14, 2004 I strongly dislike my job. I'm a cashier at a small family owned business. The work itself insn't bad, but having to deal with customers all the time is a pain in the neck. This summer I was on a mission trip, and when I went back to work, it was even harder to se how selfish people can be. I like people though, and it has its fun times. I'm on leave right now for college, but have to go back at Christmas. College is expensive
immaculata Posted September 14, 2004 Posted September 14, 2004 I love my job right now, but it isn't the career I want to be in for the rest of my life. I'm an administrative assistant for Caterpillar (the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines and industrial gas turbines!! ) and I absolutely love the people I work with. The job itself is rather dull, though, but it needs to be done. I help with the mundane day-to-day tasks that keeps everything in the office running smoothly.. it's really great when people take time out of their day to say "thank you" for the little things! It's pretty cool, I work at the Technical Center, in the Research and Development section. My father and grandfather are/were both engineers at the Tech Center, so it's been a great way for me to connect with them better. I've also been picking up knowledge about engines as I go along, too! I know the difference between a turbo and a piston, at least!!
homeschoolmom Posted September 14, 2004 Posted September 14, 2004 I love my job... even though some people hate that I can have my job...
theculturewarrior Posted September 14, 2004 Author Posted September 14, 2004 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Sep 14 2004, 05:19 PM'] I love my job... even though some people hate that I can have my job... [/quote] Yay HSM! She's on call 24/7! :cheer:
Sojourner Posted September 14, 2004 Posted September 14, 2004 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Sep 14 2004, 05:19 PM'] I love my job... even though some people hate that I can have my job... [/quote] Your job is really hard ... but I'd like to give it a shot someday.
cmotherofpirl Posted September 14, 2004 Posted September 14, 2004 HS, I think we should get retirement benefits and a paid vacation.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted September 14, 2004 Posted September 14, 2004 Nah...I'm just a student. I wish that I could teach Latin and Theology as a professor already, but apparently there is this thing called (*uses air-quotes*) "learning" (*uses air-quotes*) I have to do first... What a crazy world we live in...
shelly_freak Posted September 14, 2004 Posted September 14, 2004 yeah, right. being the 2nd highest on the library chain (only above the janitor) i dont get many benefits or respect.
Sursum Corda Posted September 15, 2004 Posted September 15, 2004 I am an in-home therapist that works with families that are in trouble with child protective services. Thus, my job is very stressful, demanding, and intense. However, there are lots of opportunities to bring the love of Christ to tough situations. A few weeks ago, one of my teenage clients asked me about the Trinity. I was so excited that I was able to field her question...there is good and there is bad...but this is where God has called me to serve right now.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now