An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pro-life Democrats Gather During Dnc

MC Just

Just found this on the Archdiocese of Boston site....

BOSTON — About 70 pro-life democrats gathered in the Great Hall of the State House the first day of the Democratic National Convention wearing pins with the slogan “43 percent of democrats can’t be wrong.” The data refers to a Zogby poll, which found that 43 percent of democrats believe that abortion is killing a human life.

[url="http://www.rcab.org/Pilot/2004/ps040730/Pro-life_Dems.html"]http://www.rcab.org/Pilot/2004/ps040730/Pro-life_Dems.html[/url]

I love the pro-life democrats. I post their web site whenever the Democrat bashing gets to rough around these parts. It is a cold and lonely place to be sometimes, but I like it!

peace...

[quote name='PedroX' date='Sep 16 2004, 10:40 PM'] I love the pro-life democrats. I post their web site whenever the Democrat bashing gets to rough around these parts. It is a cold and lonely place to be sometimes, but I like it!

peace... [/quote]
I'm witcha bro...I'm witcha.

[quote name='Oik']The pro-life dems and the pro-life reps should all get together and form another party.[/quote]
The problem with this is that there is still too vast a difference between pro-life Democrats and pro-life Republicans. While pro-life Democrats are uncompromisingly against abortion, they tend to be more pro-life than Republicans in matters of capital punishment and the economy. Some Republican policies have been demonstrated to have devastated lives and, in some cases, ended them.

The reason a unified pro-life party made up of pro-life Democrats and pro-life Republicans would never work is because there are still too many differences. There are serious differences on war, foreign policy, economic policy, etc. These differences -- all of them -- need to be looked at by voters, and no one should be voting on any single issue. Many lives may depend on voting by looking at the whole picture instead of just a corner of it.