An Old School Catholic Message Board

There's Something Wrong Here

theculturewarrior

i'm like that quite often too.

some of my best friends are some of the least moral people i know.

is there something wrong with us?

theculturewarrior

I mean...sometimes...with my Catholic phriends...I think, Wonderphul, they're Catholic! And then later I'm just like, "meh."

i know what you mean.

i like the thrill and enjoyment that my non-catholic friends get out of life.

they just seem to enjoy it more for some reason.

with one of my phriends, she's so holy and wonderful, but sometimes it's hard to be around her because she speaks the truth. and sometimes the truth is hard for me to listen to and digest.

I guess I'm just into the accountiblity and illectual aspect of the Church, cus my non-catholic (basically hedonist friends) aen't great. In fact, the very things they enjoy almost irritates me, and in the end I long to be in solitude to escape the dreariness and empty enjoyment that so many seek out.

wow, that was almost depressing post (which goes to show you what I am exposed to, 24/7).

:)

i feel ya, i myself am a liberal and therefore somewhat perfer liberals yet at other times i just wanna be with my church nerd friends

this is the next stop on shelly's lame, annoying and worthless time wasting board midnight take over

I think sometimes my friends who are strikingly different from me make me think more about what I stand for and make me more confident in what I believe. That and I know even the most hedonistic people I know are still looking for the same things I am (love, belonging, truth), they are just looking in the wrong places.