An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholic Church

Mrvoll

Is the Catholic Church is best in the world  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Curious_Protestant

I am afraid your poll results will not be very scientific, considering a huge majority of people on this site are Catholic. Also, I would have to say that it has been my experience that many people profess to be catholic, but really don't act like it. Take John Kerry for example. Doesn't he claim to be catholic?

hehe... very true curious.. very true indeed...

but the Church is wrkin on fixin that... Kerry is being charged in ecclesiastical court for heresy. [url="http://www.defide.org"]http://www.defide.org[/url]

[quote name='Curious_Protestant' date='Sep 28 2004, 05:07 PM'] I am afraid your poll results will not be very scientific, considering a huge majority of people on this site are Catholic. Also, I would have to say that it has been my experience that many people profess to be catholic, but really don't act like it. Take John Kerry for example. Doesn't he claim to be catholic? [/quote]
Curious_Protestant,

I agree, the polls will be a skewed, but I think the poll is more for fun than anything else. Please dont judge all Catholics based on one man. For example, just because one priest raped someone, does that mean all priests do it? No. Also, consider that in your own religion, there may be many who claim to be good Protestants, but actually aren't. It happens in any and every religion. There are people who follow God, and then those who dont. God bless!

Curious_Protestant

I ceratinly agree, though it has been my experience that many consider themselves catholic because they want to feel as though they belong to a church, and are therefore better people. I understand this doesn't represent all catholics, but most I have met fall into this category, my grand mother included. Catholicism seems to be a spectator sport to many people.

Curious protestant, i completly agree with you. That has been my exact same experience...there are tons of nominal Catholics out there :(

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Curious_Protestant' date='Sep 28 2004, 06:54 PM']I ceratinly agree, though it has been my experience that many consider themselves catholic because they want to feel as though they belong to a church, and are therefore better people.  I understand this doesn't represent all catholics, but most I have met fall into this category, my grand mother included.  Catholicism seems to be a spectator sport to many people.[/quote]
I had the opposite experience -- my Mother was apostate for 30 years, but my maternal Grandmother prayed me from atheism into the Truth, and both of my parents and a brother followed me into the Catholic Church.

The poll question should ask: Which is the True Church founded by Christ? Answer: The Catholic Church.

Is the True Church the best church? You betcha!

We are all on a journey. Not everyone who has left the Church or is indifferent to her teachings will remain lost. My Mother is an example. I am another!

(I was also one of the millions of nominal Protestants before I was an atheist.)

Likos

Blessed Father Damien, pray for us!

Considering the fact that I'm Catholic, I'd have to say that the Catholic Church is the best in the world. If I didn't think so, I wouldn't be Catholic. :)

In a sense, I think numbers do matter. They matter because they're not merely numbers; they're human souls in the fullness of the Truth. What concerns me, though, is that many Catholics don't believe all that the Church teaches and such. I want both quantity and quality.

God bless,

Jen

conservativecatholic

[quote name='BeenaBobba' date='Oct 24 2004, 04:14 AM'] Considering the fact that I'm Catholic, I'd have to say that the Catholic Church is the best in the world. If I didn't think so, I wouldn't be Catholic. :)

In a sense, I think numbers do matter. They matter because they're not merely numbers; they're human souls in the fullness of the Truth. What concerns me, though, is that many Catholics don't believe all that the Church teaches and such. I want both quantity and quality.

God bless,

Jen [/quote]
I absolutley agree. Both quality and quantity are crucial to the Roman Catholic Church.

The Catholic Church has been the best Religion since day one. If that's not plain enough ask all the nuns and priests you've know throughout your lifetime,