jmjtina Posted September 27, 2003 Posted September 27, 2003 (edited) I don't know about you guys, but I'm down for this! :D The Lord of the Rings Trilogy to be shown in theaters this December Date: August 22nd, 2003 Leading up to the December 17 release of The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, the final film in Peter Jackson's epic dramatic trilogy, New Line Cinema will release a limited number of 35mm prints of the Special Extended Editions of The Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers in theaters across North America. The special screening series will culminate in an unprecedented marathon of back-to-back presentations of the Extended Editions followed by a special screening of The Return of the King. The announcement was made today by Rolf Mittweg, the studio's president and chief operating officer, worldwide distribution and marketing. From December 5 - 11, the studio will release 100-150 35mm prints of the Special Extended Edition of The Fellowship of the Ring in cities across the country. On December 12 - 15, these prints will be replaced with Special Extended Edition prints of The Two Towers. On Monday, December 8, and Monday, December 15, both films will be presented back-to-back. Then, on Tuesday, December 16, participating theaters will show a one-time-only marathon of both Extended Edition prints followed by an 11pm screening of The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. The official opening of the film will commence at 12:01 AM on Wednesday, December 17, 2003. Advance ticketing for the screening series is expected to commence this fall. Edited September 27, 2003 by jmjtina
cmotherofpirl Posted September 27, 2003 Posted September 27, 2003 WE are going to do this anyway. We are having a LOTR party in costume, going to watch both the Movies at home with surround sound, then go to the midnight showing. We are already planning our costumes. FRODO LIVES!!! :)
Birgitta Noel Posted September 27, 2003 Posted September 27, 2003 oooooohhhhhh, how exciting! I guess I know what Hubby and I will be doing this fall! :o
jmjtina Posted September 28, 2003 Author Posted September 28, 2003 Where's Ice? Hey Katie, your down for this aren't you? CMOM, how Kewl!!!!! Costumes, I might go as Rosie the "Hobbit"!!!! The Last won is going to be amesome................ya'll will watch the extended versions of 1 and 2 right? B) Just wondering! B) B)
jmjtina Posted September 28, 2003 Author Posted September 28, 2003 Cmom, what are you going to dress up as? :ph34r:
emalouhow Posted September 28, 2003 Posted September 28, 2003 My brothers, cousins, and some of their friends actually went to the movie theater in costumes to see Two Towers. It was pretty cool. Btw...jmjtina, when did you change your avatar? What happened to Legolas (although I must say that I like Aragorn better... )
cmotherofpirl Posted September 28, 2003 Posted September 28, 2003 I WANT THAT AVATAR!!!!! I am going to go to the LOTR as myself: a well-fed hobbit. Yes we will watch both extended versions first. We went to the first Harry Potter movie costumed as well.
ReformationNow Posted September 28, 2003 Posted September 28, 2003 WOW! No way! Hmmm...I'm gonna have to make a checklist of things to do BEFORE going. No food or drinks for 3 hours leading to the movie. Make sure to use the restroom several times before the movie. Bring a friend. Make sure said friend is not wearing a costume.
IcePrincessKRS Posted September 28, 2003 Posted September 28, 2003 Where's Ice? Hey Katie, your down for this aren't you? Yes! Yes!! I'm here! Thats totally cool.... I wonder if any theaters around here will do that.... I wonder if Adrienne will sit through it all with me.... hmmm.....
cmotherofpirl Posted September 28, 2003 Posted September 28, 2003 (edited) WOW! No way! Hmmm...I'm gonna have to make a checklist of things to do BEFORE going. No food or drinks for 3 hours leading to the movie. Make sure to use the restroom several times before the movie. Bring a friend. Make sure said friend is not wearing a costume. What is wronjg with a costume? Have some fun with it!!!! Dearie we only get one life, this is not a dress rehearsal. Enjoy every minute of it. Edited September 28, 2003 by cmotherofpirl
TempleofVesarius Posted September 28, 2003 Posted September 28, 2003 I said this in another thread, but Vigo is from my hometown...I dated his cousin once... He graduated from Watertown Highschool, which is two blocks from my school
IcePrincessKRS Posted September 28, 2003 Posted September 28, 2003 I said this in another thread, but Vigo is from my hometown...I dated his cousin once... He graduated from Watertown Highschool, which is two blocks from my school How did I not know this? No wonder he's my fave. :D
IcePrincessKRS Posted September 28, 2003 Posted September 28, 2003 What is wronjg with a costume? Have some fun with it!!!! Dearie we only get one life, this is not a dress rehearsal. Enjoy every minute of it. My brother in law his wife are Tolkien-obsessed. They have gone in costume with friends to the movies. While I think I'd probably be too self conscious to go out in public like that, I think its pretty cool, and an at home party in costume would be amesome. :)
jmjtina Posted September 29, 2003 Author Posted September 29, 2003 I'll get those hairy hobbit shoes.......... And big ears.............. With a huge glass of beer............. It really looks like they know how to have fun! B) You like my Avatar? You want? :D
jmjtina Posted September 29, 2003 Author Posted September 29, 2003 I'm sharing the joy! B) LOTR AVATARS
jmjtina Posted October 1, 2003 Author Posted October 1, 2003 ya know......I really hope they have bathroom breaks :)
IcePrincessKRS Posted October 1, 2003 Posted October 1, 2003 ya know......I really hope they have bathroom breaks LMBO No kidding!!!!
cmotherofpirl Posted October 1, 2003 Posted October 1, 2003 I'm sharing the joy! B) LOTR AVATARS my hero!
jmjtina Posted October 1, 2003 Author Posted October 1, 2003 I should go back to that Aragorn avatar you love so much CMOM. B) Or in anticipation, put it on your settings! B)
mulls Posted October 1, 2003 Posted October 1, 2003 i hate lord of the rings, and harry potter. is it a protestant thing?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now