An Old School Catholic Message Board

Anti-catholic Humiliation

ironmonk

Opinion of the Article  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm gonna e-mail this guy!  I'll include the link, and a simple sentence...

"Dude, you just got OWNED!"

Way to go Ironmonk!

I just might do the same!

nippy316

Catholic, try again, my server has been acting weird, I haven't had time to do a reload.

Guys,

The 'owned' thing is funny... but it needs a little more chairity. If you sound aggressive he'll get 'mad' (not that he can do anything) then get over it in a few minutes, but wound him with kindness.... a little psychology could haunt him for days.... let his own conscience convict him... who knows, it might be one of your emails that starts him to the path of Truth.

Something like... "rick, it really hurts that someone who says they love Christ, would distort the Catholic Church teachings like you do. I'm not going to call you names, or hound you with emails, because I know that inside, you know what you are. God Bless, and may one day you find Christ, Sincerely A real Catholic."

Something along those lines. lol_grin.gif

God Bless, Love in Christ & Mary

ironmonk

Brother Adam

I thought it was good. Some of the stuff I think you just have to by faith accept as false (some of those quotes you tried to look up and couldn't find). I can understand where Rick may be coming from too. Who knows if he was wounded at some point in his life. Let's pray for him instead of cornering him into a wall and taking his head off. :ph34r:

I thought it was good. Some of the stuff I think you just have to by faith accept as false (some of those quotes you tried to look up and couldn't find). I can understand where Rick may be coming from too. Who knows if he was wounded at some point in his life. Let's pray for him instead of cornering him into a wall and taking his head off.  :ph34r:

I don't think you understand about his quotes.

I searched every writing that he gave any reference to (which was rare), and then some... They don't exist. I spent hours searching them. I searched over 100 documents.... If he quoted a Pope, I searched every writing that the Pope wrote, the resources I searched were:

http://www.Catholic-Pages.com

http://www.EWTN.com

http://www.Vatican.va

http://www.NewAdvent.org

Anyone who has nothing to hide will give references of who said it, and the document, sometimes the date.

The guy only uses anti-Catholic fruitcake. I'm not the only one who has written him about it. This guy is a liar, he knows he's a liar.

He could not produce where the quotes were, his reply was a smoke screen because he never looked them up.

He could not give any specifics about them because they don't exist. He could not produce 4 lines before or after each quote.

It is evil to challenge God like he does... He's been clearly shown that the Church does not teach what he claims.... After I pointed that out, he implied that there are secret teachings of the Church?! The guy was struggling to justify his book of lies.

Read my email to him on September 12, 2002.... I never received a reply, 17 days later I emailed him and called him 'ricky', less than 24 hrs later I got a reply saying calling him 'ricky' was childish...

This guy does need prayer, but he needs to be cornered. Refer to my post at 6:02 PM on this thread.

I would never say "take off his head", but I do say it's time to bruise the ego, and help him learn the virtue of humiliation.

God Bless, Love in Christ & Mary

ironmonk

Edited by ironmonk

Ironmonk--

I'm not sending him an email saying that he got owned. I think I'll copy and paste the sample you gave us, if you don't mind...

If I leave it up to my own imagination it'll be REALLY mean. ;)

nippy316

WOW!!! WAY TO GO!!

Keep up the good work! I know the drill, I engage in a lot of discussions in the Christian sportbike forums, and some of them get heated! I just wish I had the time to compose such well-organized replies (and in a charitable manner yet!) as you.

Well, I emailed him, and he replied!

Below is his email, followed by my original email:

Anna,

Thanks for the message. The truth is, I do understand Catholicism. I was born and raised Catholic. I did all the rituals, attended mass faithfully, as well as religious instruction classes. In addition, I have spent many years studying the doctrines of the religion since I became a Christian. And in my book it's not even a matter of understanding. I provide direct quotes from the official source of Catholic doctrine, the current catechism. These are not my words, they are the words of your religion. The fact that they contradict the Bible is not my fault. I dare you to go back and try to find one example where I have inaccurately portrayed Roman Catholic doctrine. If I have, I will change it.

Respectfully,

Rick Jones

----- Original Message -----

To: rjones@chick.com

Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 9:52 AM

Subject: Understanding Catholicism

So sad, Mr. Jones, that you have absolutely no understanding of Catholicism!

Mark 8:37 - Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Would you sell out the Truths Christ gave to mankind -- for the profits from a book that grossly misrepresents the Church He built?

Pax Christi,

Anna <><

OK, of all the PMers here, only six have said they'd email this guy.

I think he needs to find his inbox stuffed!!!!!!!

Let him FEEL THE LOVE! lol_grin.gif :wub: :wub: :wub:

Come on, I know you're out there........It only takes a minute or two to send an email..........

Pax Christi. <><

Argghhh....

I can't believe he misquoted the Church, and then denied it. Then he "promised" to change quotes if they were wrong, and then didn't do that either...

Geez...unacceptable. Just unacceptable.

nippy316

I think he's an atheist who couldn't make it as a real writer, and decided to jump on the anti-Catholic band wagon to make some money. There are over a billion of us, that's a lot of cash.

GBLCM,

ironmonk

• 4 months later...