Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

So I'm standing in the kitchen, heating up a day old piece of chicken club pizza. As I stare at the plate turn round and round, for some reason, I push the stop button, and then the start button again.

To my disbelief, the plate starts turning in the opposite direction! So I'm like, "what tha?!". I thought it was a mind trick--an optical illusion.

So I do it again. Push stop. Push start. It switches again! To my stunning amazement, for some reason, my microwave alternates between clockwise and counter-clockwise rotation.

I'll be recovering for the next few hours.

Peas.

Posted

If I found that out. I would probably play with the microwave like its a toy... hmmm maybe I Should see if mine does the same thing

Posted

my microwave doesn't have a turning plate... how sad... I wanna to play with one that does now...

ryanmeyersmusic
Posted

that's the coolest thing i've ever heard...

Posted (edited)

Dude. That's bizzare. There must be some reason for that. I can't think of any now. That's going to keep me up at night. Maybe it was designed by Ford. Ford puts lots of wierd things into their cars that aren't obvious until someone explains them. Sorta like this.

Maybe its for the defrost setting, or in case it gets stuck.

Edited by notbilln
Posted

Cue Twilight Zone theme . . .

Posted

I don't got a twirling plate in my microwave.

Yours is possessed by a demon.

Posted

See here, it helps to be old ... I knew that!

Peace Ken

cmotherofpirl
Posted

I don't got a twirling plate in my microwave.

Yours is possessed by a demon.

:lol:

Dude!

Mulder and Scully are on their way!

ReformationNow
Posted

Dude! Mine does it too! I watched it like, 10 times. This is better than TV! I'm going back to the microwave...

Posted (edited)

Is this one of those occurrances that only happen on the spring and autumn equinoxes???

(Now I've started a new urban legend!!)

Edited by Norseman82
Posted

deja vue dust ....I just noticed that about a week ago that my micro-wave did that also...I never did share it with anyone though....I'm glad someone else brought it up... mom

Posted

what do you know...mine does it too!!!!!!! How cool is that? Just make sure you don't watch it too long... :wacko:

****rushes back to the microwave*****

Jake Huether
Posted

deja vue dust ....I just noticed that about a week ago that my micro-wave did that also...I never did share it with anyone though....I'm glad someone else brought it up...                                                                                      mom

That's incredible!

I noticed the same thing last month! But I just shrugged it off.

Kinda dumb if you ask me. From an engineer's perspective (if it's rotating one way or the other you're gunna get full coverage).

Anywho...

Posted

So I'm standing in the kitchen, heating up a day old piece of chicken club pizza. As I stare at the plate turn round and round, for some reason, I push the stop button, and then the start button again.

To my disbelief, the plate starts turning in the opposite direction! So I'm like, "what tha?!". I thought it was a mind trick--an optical illusion.

So I do it again. Push stop. Push start. It switches again! To my stunning amazement, for some reason, my microwave alternates between clockwise and counter-clockwise rotation.

I'll be recovering for the next few hours.

Peas.

You better call your priest on this one!!!

Ha Ha-That's funny

Posted

hmm.. if it rotated in 1 direction too long, would the plate come off of its screw. hinge, or whatever its on?.. just a guess

Posted

Wait a minute! Now that I think about it, I've seen my microwave go in one direction for a bit and then in the other direction! I never thought anything about it, though. Am I crazy for not making it into a big deal and stuff?

Posted

Wow! I can't wait to go home and check out my microwave! That's so cool! :)

Maybe it does that so the gears are evenly worn going both ways - then it might last longer?

Jake Huether
Posted

Wow!  I can't wait to go home and check out my microwave! That's so cool! :)

Maybe it does that so the gears are evenly worn going both ways - then it might last longer?

Maybe it's so that the food doesn't get dizzy in one dirrection? :P :D :lol::lol: :lol:

BullnaChinaShop
Posted

I noticed this as couple years ago with both mine and my parents microwave but as others here I never said anything obout it until now.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...