Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

was my birthday. I am now officially 28 years old. :cheer:

Some reflections on being 28:

As I was getting ready yesterday morning, I looked in the mirror and was suddenly struck by a semi-funny thought.

If someone had told me at 13 that I'd still have zits and no boyfriend at 28, I probably would have killed myself, because at 13 nothing really seemed more important than boys and a clear complexion.

I suppose that's why God doesn't allow us to see the future -- we aren't ready to handle things now that we will be able to handle 15 years down the road.

I have a rich, full, life. It's not perfect, for sure, but God has given me many blessings -- and the eyes to see that these things are indeed blessings. Woo hoo!

livingHimloud
Posted

happy belated birthday and good work having such a clear and focused mind! what better birthday gift could God give you than that insight? you are growing wise. i'm totally jealous!

theculturewarrior
Posted

Amen. Except the part about not having a boyfriend. :angry: I guess it's over then? Let me guess, it's not me...it's you...tell me something I don't know. :rolleyes:














:sadder:









Welcome back, and happy birthday. :(

Posted

You've never been my boyfriend, silly. :rolleyes:

We just flirt online occasionally. ;)

And thanks for the birthday wishes. :D

theculturewarrior
Posted

[quote name='Sojourner' date='Oct 22 2004, 09:12 AM'] You've never been my boyfriend, silly. :rolleyes:

We just flirt online occasionally. ;)

And thanks for the birthday wishes. :D [/quote]
is that all I was to you? :sadder:

But what about Crimea? And the barndance? And all those rainbow colored hearts that appear arounf your head when ever I look at you like this? :wub:






It's okay. :sadder: My heart will go one. :(

Posted

:hearts:

You're so cute, TCW.

:hearts:

You can be my good friend, but not my boyfriend. You live too far away ... :kiss:

theculturewarrior
Posted

[quote name='Sojourner' date='Oct 22 2004, 09:17 AM'] :hearts:

You're so cute, TCW.

:hearts:

You can be my good friend, but not my boyfriend. You live too far away ... :kiss: [/quote]
Deal!

:D

Posted

[quote name='Sojourner' date='Oct 22 2004, 10:06 AM'] I suppose that's why God doesn't allow us to see the future -- we aren't ready to handle things now that we will be able to handle 15 years down the road. [/quote]
Isn't that the truth...

Posted

Yaay! Sojourner's back! :cheer:

Happy Belated Birthday! :balloons:

Posted

Thanks for all the birthday wishes, peeps.


I just want to say that I now regret naming this thread "Yesterday" because now I have the Beatles song stuck in my head ...

Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

Happy birthday!

Posted

happy belated birthday!

Piccoli Fiori JMJ
Posted

I thought this thread would break into song singing "Yesterday" by the Beatles...

:guitar:

"Yesterday...


All my troubles seemed so far away..."

Posted

"Now it seems as though they're here to stay ...
Oh I believe in yesterday.


Suddenly, I'm not half the man I used to be ..."

Posted

"There's a shadow hanging over me,
Oh yesterday came suddenly...

Why she had to go I don't know
She wouldn't say
I said something wrong
Now I long for yesterdaaa-aaay..."

Piccoli Fiori JMJ
Posted

"yesterday..."

:guitar:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...