An Old School Catholic Message Board

Blessed Eucharist

Mrs. Bro. Adam

Mrs. Bro. Adam

For me, it was a feeling of completeness. Like a void deep within my soul was being filled. Filled with our Lord.

It gives me strength. It makes me realize the personal relationship I have with Christ--so personal that when I eat His body he becomes me and I become Him.

It's hard to explain, but I just [i]know [/i]that He's there. My favorite thing to do when I receive Jesus is to (slowly) say the Glory Be b/c God is so near to hear it from you. :hearts:

Thy Geekdom Come

I tend to get a variety of experiences, from virtually nothing but a quiet whisper bringing a message of peace to a joy that makes me almost want to laugh and cry in the Church, lol...Our Lord is beautiful...

i just always seem to think, WOW..... this is soooo awesome!!!! someone loves me this much!!!!!! i love the fact that i got to hang out with this guy the night before mass!!!!!

heyyoimjohnny

I don't experience anything. I don't think I know how to pray very well, so after a little while I just give up praying to Him and just rest with Him.

P.S. is there a kind of prayer reference or something? I don't think I pray very well, and I don't know what to do. I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere. Should I just ask the Holy Spirit to show me how to pray and be patient?

Edited by heyyoimjohnny

[quote name='Raphael' date='Oct 25 2004, 05:48 PM'] I tend to get a variety of experiences, from virtually nothing but a quiet whisper bringing a message of peace to a joy that makes me almost want to laugh and cry in the Church, lol...Our Lord is beautiful... [/quote]
Me too! I always want to smile a HUGE smile! :D

AfroNova No Limit Soldier

renewal

never more so joined with my brothers & sisters - on earth & in heaven - than at that moment

same as in adoration

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='heyyoimjohnny' date='Oct 25 2004, 05:57 PM'] I don't experience anything. I don't think I know how to pray very well, so after a little while I just give up praying to Him and just rest with Him.

P.S. is there a kind of prayer reference or something? I don't think I pray very well, and I don't know what to do. I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere. Should I just ask the Holy Spirit to show me how to pray and be patient? [/quote]
Ask Mary and the saints to pray with you. ;)

I like the Anima Christi:

[i]Soul of Christ, sanctify me.
Body of Christ, save me.
Blood of Christ, inebriate me.
Water from the side of Christ, wash me.
Passion of Christ, strengthen me.
O Good Jesus, hear me.
Within Thy wounds, hide me.
Suffer me not to be separated from Thee.
From the malignant enemy defend me.
At the hour of my death, call me, and bid me come to Thee,
That with Thy saints, I may praise Thee,
Forever and ever. Amen.[/i]

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Theoketos' date='Oct 25 2004, 06:11 PM'] ^ I was going to post that...

Sometimes, I feel no different...

Sometimes, I can not stop Crying. [/quote]
Ditto.

If we receive faithfully, God will give us at least what we need. We should expect no more from God than what we need to do His will. :)

Some times I have to remind meyslef that it is not what we get from Mass, but what give to the Mass, to the Cross, to the Christ.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Theoketos' date='Oct 25 2004, 06:16 PM'] Some times I have to remind meyslef that it is not what we get from Mass, but what give to the Mass, to the Cross, to the Christ. [/quote]
"It is in giving that we receive..."

Go read my Theology of the Body tract in the Apologetics Phorum. ;)