theculturewarrior Posted October 30, 2004 Posted October 30, 2004 I can't stand my parents house. I usually come home to visit on the weekend. I get so irritable with my family. I can't stand staying at my apartment, and I can't stand coming home to visit.
theculturewarrior Posted October 30, 2004 Author Posted October 30, 2004 I don't know. I think it's time for a new circle of friends. I'm really itching for a change of scenery, but I'm stuck here in Bangladesh for the next two years. I need a girlfriend. That's all I need. But don't mind me.
Ash Wednesday Posted October 30, 2004 Posted October 30, 2004 I moved home to be with my father after my mom died. I would give anything to live in my own place again and have both parents around to irritate me, and be here just to visit.
azaelia Posted October 30, 2004 Posted October 30, 2004 [quote name='theculturewarrior' date='Oct 29 2004, 09:44 PM'] I need a girlfriend. That's all I need. But don't mind me. [/quote] Don't say that. You don't need a girlfriend to make you happy. Relying on someone else for your own happiness will only result in heartbreak and disappointment. You need to be happy with yourself before you can be completely happy with someone else. Looking to someone else to complete you will not make you happy. It may make you feel better about yourself for a while, but that will pass. I know how much it smells of elderberries to be single (try it for seven years ) But I also know how bad it hurts to realize you're incomplete without someone to complete you. Try something new. A new hobby maybe. Take a trip. Do something.
Ash Wednesday Posted October 30, 2004 Posted October 30, 2004 Having a girlfriend or boyfriend is fine, but it COMPLICATES life and does not make things necessarily better. It makes life better in some ways, but also makes it harder. And I look forward to getting a change of scenery myself and moving to Europe. I gotta get out of my usual scene, too.
theculturewarrior Posted October 30, 2004 Author Posted October 30, 2004 [quote name='azaelia' date='Oct 29 2004, 08:57 PM'] Don't say that. You don't need a girlfriend to make you happy. Relying on someone else for your own happiness will only result in heartbreak and disappointment. You need to be happy with yourself before you can be completely happy with someone else. Looking to someone else to complete you will not make you happy. It may make you feel better about yourself for a while, but that will pass. I know how much it smells of elderberries to be single (try it for seven years ) But I also know how bad it hurts to realize you're incomplete without someone to complete you. Try something new. A new hobby maybe. Take a trip. Do something. [/quote] "It is not good for man to be alone." I know, I probably don't need a girlfriend to be happy...but I may need one to live my vocation...and I need to do God's Will to be happy. Of course, I'm a patient man. Don't mind me. (Unless you think I'm cute. Then go ahead and mind me).
theculturewarrior Posted October 30, 2004 Author Posted October 30, 2004 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Oct 29 2004, 08:46 PM'] I moved home to be with my father after my mom died. I would give anything to live in my own place again and have both parents around to irritate me, and be here just to visit. [/quote] Thanks for reminding me of my blessings, Ash. That puts things in perspective.
theculturewarrior Posted October 30, 2004 Author Posted October 30, 2004 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Oct 29 2004, 08:59 PM'] Having a girlfriend or boyfriend is fine, but it COMPLICATES life and does not make things necessarily better. It makes life better in some ways, but also makes it harder. And I look forward to getting a change of scenery myself and moving to Europe. I gotta get out of my usual scene, too. [/quote] Yeah...when I get into grad school I'll probably be MIA for a couple years anyway. Don't mind me.
azaelia Posted October 30, 2004 Posted October 30, 2004 Now I feel reeeaaaally single. I'm a complete person, I'm a complete person, I'm a complete person...
daugher-of-Mary Posted October 30, 2004 Posted October 30, 2004 :group:hugs for Azaelia and TCW :group:
azaelia Posted October 30, 2004 Posted October 30, 2004 :group: Go figure...I offer all the advice about being your own person, and I can't follow it myself.
Dave Posted October 30, 2004 Posted October 30, 2004 [quote name='theculturewarrior' date='Oct 29 2004, 09:31 PM'] I can't stand my parents house. I usually come home to visit on the weekend. I get so irritable with my family. I can't stand staying at my apartment, and I can't stand coming home to visit. [/quote] I can't stand my parents' house either. Unlike you, I'm currently stuck at home 24/7. My parents and I don't get along well half the time. I wish I knew of some advice to offer, though. Sorry.
i feel like im taking crzy pills Posted October 30, 2004 Posted October 30, 2004 Sooo... I know how it feels to be in the same place with the same scenery for a while. Like right now, I just wanna get up and walk out the door. But I can't. Darn it. But hey, you DON'T need a girlfriend to make you happy. Like they said, you need to be happy first before you can be happy with someone else. It's so true. And, remember that with God, you are a complete person. Just try to be smart and do his will. *group hug*
Sinner Posted October 30, 2004 Posted October 30, 2004 Parental houses are like fine wine.......... they improve with age.
cathgirl Posted October 30, 2004 Posted October 30, 2004 I bet that God is preparing a woman for you, and it is just taking some time. I'll pray for you! :hearts:
heyyoimjohnny Posted October 30, 2004 Posted October 30, 2004 (edited) Being single isn't all that bad... but then again, you probably aren't discerning for priesthood. She'll come. God knows what's up. If He decides you need a wife, He'll send one. And don't worry about "missing" her. It's not possible to miss the woman He sends. Cuz y'know, He's God. Don't worry, and be patient. That goes for you too, Amy. God's picked out the awesomest guy for you. You just have to be patient. Edited October 30, 2004 by heyyoimjohnny
theculturewarrior Posted October 30, 2004 Author Posted October 30, 2004 I hope she likes pholk music.
Guest T-Bone Posted October 30, 2004 Posted October 30, 2004 If not, there's always pseudofolkalternarock...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now