An Old School Catholic Message Board

Opinions on Colleges

Lil Red

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Nov 3 2004, 12:11 PM'] no, St. Mary's in Winona... beautiful city... [/quote]
oh, okay! how close is that to Duluth or the Cities?

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Lil Red' date='Nov 3 2004, 03:15 PM'] plus, i have to consider how good the financial aid is...because i'm po! [/quote]
:lol:

Creighton's probably isn't great...lots of snobby kids that go there...but if you're going for theology, there might be some packages for you...

Creighton has a beautiful church, too.

It's in downtown, which puts you close to a few skyscrapers, lots of traffic, the historic Old Market (good food and socialization area), and the newly renovated areas of downtown, which include new parks with free concerts, etc.

My home is on the other side of town.

Oh, and the quality of the roads in Omaha stinks.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='StColette' date='Nov 3 2004, 03:23 PM'] You could always do online course through Steubie ^_^ [/quote]
:lol:

[quote name='Raphael' date='Nov 3 2004, 02:21 PM']

Oh, and the quality of the roads in Omaha stinks. [/quote]
rofl 10 to 1 all Louisiana roads are far worse lol

rofl Louisiana has Summer, Summer, Summer, Winter lol Plus our roads are horrible because of the type of soil, Louisiana has very unstable ground.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Dominican University... That is out by my school! only about 15 minutes away from where I am now... I applied there and the accepted me, but I was dumb, and went for the non-Catholic school...

Saint Norberts has a beautiful campus, and the Green Bay diocese has an absolutely wonderful Bishop: Bishop David Zubik.

The school has small class sizes and from what I hear the college goes out of its way to make the students feel welcome, and included. There is a strong sense of community in this college, a real effort to include family and a lot of programs and orgs that keep students involved and busy.

It is number one in the state for private colleges and ranked very high in the nation.

The winters here are bitter, but the community of DePere is very, very nice.

If you have any other questions I can ask around a little if you want. ;) I know kids that go there on campus.

Hope this helps,
God Bless,

Balthazor

Oh and also you may want to look into your diocese to see if they will subsidize theology and other religious leadership classes. Here I believe there is a program like that.....I am not all clear on the details though...