An Old School Catholic Message Board

God And Neighbor Neighbor And God

Aloysius

okay, me and my friend were conversing about a thing she put in my locker (we share a locker) that says God And Neighbor, Neighbor and God, Without Distinction

now i understand to a certain extent that it means u serve God by serving others. however, am i wrong to have a problem with this? "WITHOUT DISTINCTION"

it seems to me that there is a distinction between God and man. God is Almighty, man is but the creature of God. She just keeps bringing up JEsus as true God and true man, but i say that doesn't put Him on the same level as us.

what do u all think?

but like, am i wrong for wanting to say there is a distinction. While u can see God in the face of all people as we are made in His image and likeness, there is still a difference. like my friend is tryin to use terms like "recieving the eucharist by talking to other people" and then the having no distinction between God and man.

i personally think we should always keep in mind that there is a big difference. one is the creature, the other the creator. God is infinitely greater than us, there IS a distinction... not a distinction when serving people, but in the overall looking at it, there is a difference between my friend and GOd Almighty. i donno, i think the unorth nuns o' Pittsburgh are tellin her these kinda things, and i don't see it as very much in line with Church teaching. Just because Jesus is true God and true Man doesnt mean that we are equal to Him, that we are on the same level as Him. He is definitely HIGHER than us... He's the great I Am, the Eternal word of God!!!!! Where's the awe and wonder?

u can't worship your neighbor. therefore, there IS a distinction, i think im justified in not displaying the thing in my locker.

thoughts?

cmotherofpirl

yep.

Is she saying that we are to LOVE God and neighbor, neighbor and God ?

THat still is not quite right. God always comes first.

Think of my two sentences.

THe first one is correct: God is Other. He is the Creator, Sustainer, Lord and God.

What she is saying is heresy: God is other people. While people are children of God, that is a far cry from the equality her statement is implying.

We are supposed to see Christ in everyone, But God is definitely not other people.

cmotherofpirl

yep.

Is she saying that we are to LOVE God and neighbor, neighbor and God ?

THat still is not quite right. God always comes first.

Think of my two sentences.

THe first one is correct: God is Other. He is the Creator, Sustainer, Lord and God.

What she is saying is heresy: God is other people. While people are children of God, that is a far cry from the equality her statement is implying.

We are supposed to see Christ in everyone, But God is definitely not other people.

Well you got to know the true nature of humans....

Fact is that as people we do not deserve God, we are not worthy of anything that he has given us...but because of the fact that God loves us he allows us worship him and even greater to become one with him in the consumption of His son Jesus Christ in the most Holy Eucharist...

So right there you might see how God is above us and He is the greater and the creator....

But because he loves us he also dwells in each of us, spiritually in the Holy Spirit and literaly in the Eucharist, but that is His desicion not ours

So because God decides to dwell in every person then we must treat every person with repect and dignity, not worship to in a sence honor. So we must love our neighbor on the sole fact that God loves them that Jesus Loves them and as followers of Christ we aspire to be like Him, so too must we love like him...

But in now way can we raise the human to a standard of which we place God, cause in that sence it impossible for that to happen, in truth if we raise humans to the standard we should hold God then you lower God to a standard of which we should hold humans...

and another thing is with Jesus Christ, when He walked this earth spread the love of God He was true God and true man...but once He died, which is somethin only man can do, then His humanity died, but his divinity ressurected, and so not Jesus is not longer ture God and ture man, He is ture God... that is also why apon His second coming it will be somethin glorious and majestic because He is true God...

I think thats the best way I can try to explain it...if there is any wrong in it I apologize and then please correct me....

Shalom :ph34r:

God is Divine. Jesus is True God and True Man, but that still means that He has a Divine nature.

Man only has a fallen human nature.

St. Louis de Montfort said that even when comparing the sinless, immaculate, Most Blessed Virgin Mary to God, she is less than an atom.

He is All.

We are to treat our neighbor as if he/she was Christ, but he/she isn't really Christ!

It's just that in our neighbor's necessity, we show Christ how much we love Him, by extending His love for us and our love for Him back to our neighbor.

Talking with peeps is nice and all, but it doesn't even come close to eating the Flesh and drinking the Blood of Jesus Christ in the Most Blessed Sacrament.

We'll pray for your friend. Sounds like she's being taught something very confusing.

The Sacred is being confused with the mundane....or should I say, the Sacred is being de-sacred-ized?

Pax Christi. <><

Edited by Anna

cmotherofpirl

People are stuck in this Jesus is my brother, and nothing else routine.

THey forget He is Lord of the Universe as well.