Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Secret Catholic Celebrity For The


Recommended Posts

Posted

Did you know that in the KJV, Psalm 46, if you count 46 words from the beggining there is the word shake, and 46 from the end there is the word speare.  Coinkidink?  Maybe....  Maybe not....

Jake,

I presented that fact to my Shakespeare professor this past semester...she was sooooooo impressed...it was the greatest feet of butt-kissing I have ever accomplished!

actually, from what I hear, Shakespeare actually helped translate the KJV bible, as the king had the most brilliant men of the time work on the project. and he put the Psalm 46 thing in their himself. but, if it's not the truth, it's a pretty cool legend to say the least.

and by the way, from what I could make out, Willie was about 50% Catholic and 50% protestant in his plays as a whole...in my opinion he was just trying as hard as he could to please the monarch of the moment and not get his head chopped off. the various rulers drastically shifted between catholicism and protestantism during Shakespeare's era, and I think he was just trying to keep up (or go against?) the "mandatory" faith during the time he was writing his plays.

Posted

st. john vianney looks like he's just asleep.

What is the name of the book on the incorruptable saints?

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

Incorruptables, by Joan Carol Cruz is a good one--not sure if the one referred to in this thread, but I'm guessing it is. :lol:

Jake Huether
Posted

That's the one!

  • 14 years later...
Posted

a bump for the oldest

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...