An Old School Catholic Message Board

Odd Christmas Card

Brother Adam

Gotta Christmas Card in the mail.

No seasons greetings..

No Merry Christmas..

Just a "I hope you know we are praying for you, that you will be saved out of the heresy of the Catholic Church".

:blink: nice.

Kilroy the Ninja

you know, it's worth it for "friends" like that to go to your local Catholic church supply and find the most beautiful card with the Holy Family on it, or just Mary and Jesus and send it to them. In fact, the best ones are from the Priests of the Sacred Heart (posh.org) because they will say a novena for the persons you are sending the card to, and they say that right in the front of the card.

A nice big Sacred Heart at Easter is always fun too.

Of course, you have to MEAN the sentiments behind it.

Just tell them you'll light a candle for them and say a rosary for them. Then do it.

Merry Christmas!

Kilroy the Ninja

It's not so "in-your-face" but more, "This is what we believe, accept us." It's more, I'm going to pray for you in my way, just as you see fit to pray for me in your way. It's wishing them well but not calling them the heretics they may be.

It's the nice way. It's the right way. It's justified. It's righteous. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with it as long as you truly mean them well in your heart and pray for their conversion and truly only want the best for them. If it makes them uncomfortable, then they may have some examining to do.

But it's not about being in-your-face. It's about doing the right thing.

Thy Geekdom Come

Well, God will hear their prayers, but I'm willing to bet He'll use their efforts to bring them into the Church, too, just as He used yours. :D

Kilroy the Ninja

Exactly! My idea when dealing with people like that is to treat them with love and kindness, and not point out how wrong them might be, but to show them how loving my religion is. Fortunately for me there aren't too many people in my life like that. Or maybe not fortunately. Hard to say.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Theoketos' date='Dec 10 2004, 03:21 PM'] I would send them a flaming bag of poo...well no I think I would do what the ninja said. [/quote]
would that be goose poo?

[quote name='Theoketos' date='Dec 10 2004, 03:21 PM'] I would send them a flaming bag of poo...well no I think I would do what the ninja said. [/quote]
Yeah, you just leave it on the front porch. Heh heh.

:ph34r:

heyyoimjohnny

Wellp, if they call it heresy, it must be true. G'bye, folks. *packs bags and leaves*

Not. I'm having really uncharitable thoughts right now... *whacks self on head*