An Old School Catholic Message Board

Red Alert! Terri To Die 2:oo Pm Today

Donna

Doesn't starvation and dehydration for 10-14 days constitute cruel and unusual punishment?!!!!!!!!

Why are the Catholic bishops in Florida silent on this?

They should be leading the prayer vigils, at the very LEAST.

:(

Anna,

They have been outspoken, but the media ignores them. Even here where she is, you hear the news media describe Terri as 'the woman in the coma'. She's not in a coma, she's is brain damaged. Two very different things.

Our parishes have been includeing Terri with our intentions at every Mass. There are protesters there praying. You just don't see it on the news.

What is moral and right has been defeated by legal action. In the US, the Legal System is God and defines what is moral or immoral.

Bishop Lynch's latest Press release today. Can you sense his frustration? I think that all Catholics have the responsibilty to defend the dignity of human life within the legal system by having a 'Living Will'. The Legal system is immoral and impersonal and does not care. It is our responsiblity to do this. When we leave things up to the Government, it is death we recieve. I posted the release in it's entiety from the Dicocesean website. Please don't call and bug Mary Jo, she is a wonderful Catholic who is the spokesperson for the Diocese.

Terri is a victim of her husband and the US Legal system. She is not abandoned by God. All we can do now is pray for her and her family. They fought for 13 years with the support of the Diocese and the Catholic Church. Exactly like abortion, it's another death for the convenience of the living, cloaked in a 'quality of life' argument posed by people who don't know God's love for us all.

ROMAN CATHOLIC DIOCESE OF ST. PETERSBURG

6363 Ninth Avenue N

St. Petersburg, FL 33710

727-344-1611

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

October 15, 2003

0ffice: (727) 344-1611 ext. 368

OFFICIAL STATEMENT OF BISHOP ROBERT N. LYNCH

CONCERNING THE REMOVAL OF

THE FEEDING TUBE OF TERRI SCHIAVO

With the news that the feeding tube has now been removed from Terri Schiavo, my own prayers and those of thousands of other people go out for Terri and for her family. May the author of all life look kindly on Terri and provide consolation and hope for those who love her.

I continue to believe that such decisions should not be made in the court system but must be made on a case-by-case basis by families and/or other responsible parties at the clear direction of each one of us well in advance of a crisis.

I wanna cry. Seriously.

This is just wrong, and those people know it, and do it under the excuse of acting "according to the law".

This is just wrong, to kill an innocent human....ARRRGGGHHH!!! Well, abortion is legal, nothing surprises me anymore.

THIS MAKES ME ANGRY. Then Sad. then angry. then i feel like crying. I'm feeling like i'm going ton explode

I'm sorry for this rambling post, but I am just so depressed that we live in a world that allows something like that. In a COUNTRY that allows something like that. Right here in Florida. And I can't do anything bto help and this just drives me crazy.

well, i'm going to do the only thing that I am able to do:

PRAY.

PUSH (pray Until Something Happens)

cmotherofpirl

Jasjis instead of issuing statements he should be out there leading the people in prayer outside her door.

I doubt if the press would ignor a thousand people lead by their shepards in prayer.

Kilroy the Ninja

And this my friends is what our fabulous country has come to.

Yes, there are many reasons to be proud to be Americans, but there are thousands, THOUSANDS of reasons every day to live in SHAME as Americans.

We ALLOW the murder of innocents everyday by continuing to vote in people who believe that a monetary value can be placed on a life (Convience charge perhaps?) so why should we all be shocked when our government does nothing, NOTHING to stop the MURDER (I don't care what the bishop said it is MURDER) of an innocent woman? 'Cause let's face it, her living is an INCONVIENCE to her "devoted" husband. Wow, I guess you could call it a late-term abortion.

I can't take it. I'm done with the charitable. I'm in tears for this woman. I saw the video tape. She is not a vegetable. Those were NOT "reflex" movements.

It is my ferverent hope and desire that this man (should Terri die because of his cruelty) live the rest of his life looking over his shoulder and waiting for the other shoe to drop. Because, eventually it will and God has really, REALLY, really big feet.

cmotherofpirl

yep remember what happened to the guy who had sex in St Patrick cathedral. he just died from a heart attack.

God's hand will NOT be stayed forever.

Jasjis instead of issuing statements he should be out there leading the people in prayer outside her door.

I doubt if the press would ignor a thousand people lead by their shepards in prayer.

CMom,

I think that's a little nasty coming from you. How do you know that the Bishop isn't doing everything he can? Did you know that there is a prayergroup outside? Did you know that he has helped numourous successfull stays, including one that replaced the feeding tube. Did you know that the Bishop repeatedly attempted to meet with the parents and the husband and has visited Terri? Did you know that a priest has been visiting Terri weekly for years? Did you know that this has been in the news here for years. Did you know that the Bishop has been calling for prayers in our Churches and personlly made appeals on the Catholic radio station for months?

I think you are a little too harsh and judgemental. It's also an involved and complicated issue because spouses have rights over the care of their love ones, parents have rights, individuals have rights, and the legal system is supposed to resolve those rights. It isn't the Bishops fault. Why do we have such a mentality to bash leaders, wether they're religious or political. :angry:

cmotherofpirl

Jasjis my point is that the media would show up if the Florida bishops showed up with 1000 catholics praying the Rosary.

THat is not harsh and judgemental, its simply how the media operates.

cmotherofpirl

And yes Jas I do know all the efforts all concerned are making. We have been getting updates on this on other lists for a very long time.

CatholicAndFanatical

Yes, there are many reasons to be proud to be Americans, but there are thousands, THOUSANDS of reasons every day to live in SHAME as Americans

thats why I claim to be Italian..

CatholicAndFanatical

Vera,

I know how you feel hun, im the same way. Its hard to just sit back and allow this to happen, but what else can we do but pray. I dont mind praying for her, but feel that its not enough. Id rather be there sneaking in the window or something. Course id probably fall and break my kneck but at least id try..

This is inDouche a war folks. Are we ready?

*stands at attention*

PRESENT ARMS!! (uh, thats rosaries)

FIRE!!

Last Sunday, my pastor asked for parishoners to make pledges for his annual CROP walk to stamp out world hunger.

Today, a Catholic woman lies dying of starvation by a Court Order in the United States of America.

The irony astounds me.

We'll march to stamp out hunger in third world nations, while our leaders order our own disabled to be starved to death.

I hope I don't hear any post mortem pious platitudes. I just don't think I'll be able to take it without throwing up...or throwing something...

Talk about a miscarriage of justice. :angry::(:angry::(:angry::(:angry::(

Oh, and while I'm on the angry side of this, as I vacillate from tears to anger:

I hope all you old folks living in Florida are happy that you voted for liberals who promised you increases in your Social Security benefits. Those same liberals appointed liberal judges who now can decide whether or not you're worth the cost of keeping y'all alive!!!!!

And no, I'm not even a Republican! :o

Vera,

I know how you feel hun, im the same way. Its hard to just sit back and allow this to happen, but what else can we do but pray. I dont mind praying for her, but feel that its not enough. Id rather be there sneaking in the window or something. Course id probably fall and break my kneck but at least id try..

This is inDouche a war folks. Are we ready?

*stands at attention*

PRESENT ARMS!! (uh, thats rosaries)

FIRE!!

:D Good Idea.

I prayed a rosary for the pope today, and i'm praying another one for terri.

I hope all you old folks living in Florida are happy that you voted for liberals who promised you increases in your Social Security benefits.  Those same liberals appointed liberal judges who now can decide whether or not you're worth the cost of keeping y'all alive!!!!!

I suppose I should explain this remark:

I have retired relatives in Florida who summer here in New York. They are stalwart defenders of pro-abortion politicians on the grounds that "abortion isn't (their) issue," and the libs promise more money in their Social Security checks. And yes, folks, these are daily Mass attendees... :(