homeschoolmom Posted December 16, 2004 Posted December 16, 2004 [quote name='Raphael' date='Dec 15 2004, 10:26 PM'] You have nice accents, too...as long as you use them to tell Ollie jokes... [/quote] What about Lena...? don't forget Lena!!!
Thy Geekdom Come Posted December 16, 2004 Posted December 16, 2004 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Dec 15 2004, 11:27 PM'] What about Lena...? don't forget Lena!!! [/quote] Lena is sooooooooooo last week...
Thy Geekdom Come Posted December 16, 2004 Posted December 16, 2004 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Dec 15 2004, 11:30 PM'] She's Ole's wife... [/quote] Ole wants a divorce. :angry: He's been interested in a Southern girl for a while now...loves her accent...
DancesforLove Posted December 16, 2004 Posted December 16, 2004 I have a southern accent lol I get made fun of for it lol oh well God Blessed Texas
rachael Posted December 16, 2004 Posted December 16, 2004 [quote name='Raphael' date='Dec 15 2004, 10:32 PM'] Ole wants a divorce. :angry: He's been interested in a Southern girl for a while now...loves her accent... [/quote]
homeschoolmom Posted December 16, 2004 Posted December 16, 2004 [quote name='Raphael' date='Dec 15 2004, 10:32 PM'] Ole wants a divorce. :angry: He's been interested in a Southern girl for a while now...loves her accent... [/quote] No way, meanyhead.... Ole and Lena are gud Lutrans... they don't wanna divorce...
Thy Geekdom Come Posted December 16, 2004 Posted December 16, 2004 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Dec 15 2004, 11:36 PM'] No way, meanyhead.... Ole and Lena are gud Lutrans... they don't wanna divorce... [/quote] Gud Lutrans...hehe...someone's accent is showing... I was just kidding...
homeschoolmom Posted December 16, 2004 Posted December 16, 2004 Ole and Lena got married. On their honeymoon trip they were nearing Minneapolis when Ole put his hand on Lena's knee. Giggling, Lena Said, "Ole, you can go farther if ya vant to"... so Ole drove to Duluth.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted December 16, 2004 Posted December 16, 2004 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Dec 15 2004, 11:39 PM'] Ole and Lena got married. On their honeymoon trip they were nearing Minneapolis when Ole put his hand on Lena's knee. Giggling, Lena Said, "Ole, you can go farther if ya vant to"... so Ole drove to Duluth. [/quote]
homeschoolmom Posted December 16, 2004 Posted December 16, 2004 :angry: Not all conversations can be about the south...
rachael Posted December 16, 2004 Posted December 16, 2004 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Dec 15 2004, 10:44 PM'] :angry: Not all conversations can be about the south... [/quote] says who?
IcePrincessKRS Posted December 16, 2004 Posted December 16, 2004 I never really think "Yankee" when I think of midwesterners... but I think its HILARIOUS when I see them displaying the confederate flag.
Dreamweaver Posted December 16, 2004 Posted December 16, 2004 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Dec 15 2004, 10:39 PM'] Ole and Lena got married. On their honeymoon trip they were nearing Minneapolis when Ole put his hand on Lena's knee. Giggling, Lena Said, "Ole, you can go farther if ya vant to"... so Ole drove to Duluth. [/quote] I love Ole and Lena jokes! And no, midwesterners are not yankees! Two completely different accents and dialects!
mamalove Posted December 16, 2004 Posted December 16, 2004 I've always thought of the Midwest as being in it's own category. We are neither Southern or Yankee. We are the best of both.
Theoketos Posted December 17, 2004 Author Posted December 17, 2004 Thank you all for your comments. Espcially the one from Waldo about the Dakotas. I get to tell my fiance that she is not a yankee (She has only lived in KS and NE).
azaelia Posted December 17, 2004 Posted December 17, 2004 [quote name='allis-challmers' date='Dec 15 2004, 09:39 PM'] midwest is not yankee. there are to many small towns in the midwest to be considered yankee. I lived on a farm all my life. not downtown of any city. [/quote] Ummmm...the Northeast isn't all big cities. Has anyone here ever been to New Hampshire? It's all mountains. And many small towns. Vermont is the same way...and I can tell you from personal experience that Maine is almost entirely made up of small towns. Have you ever looked at a map of Maine? You only begin to hit cities down near Augusta, and even then the real metropolitan (or what Mainers call metropolitan) areas don't start until Portland. The rest of Maine is small towns...all of central and northern Maine. Go up to the County and tell the potato farmers they're liberal city-dwelling Northeasterners.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now