AbsolutFire Posted December 20, 2004 Posted December 20, 2004 Ok, so my parents recently moved into a new house, and on the doorpost is a Mezuzah (small cylinder containing Torah passages: Deut. 6:4-9, 11:13-21). I'm not worried about leaving it there, but I wonder if it is inconsistent with Catholicism to reverence it as I enter, in the traditional Jewish way (touching the Mezuzah, kissing the fingers).
Pio Nono Posted December 20, 2004 Posted December 20, 2004 JMJ 12/20 - Fourth Monday of Advent AbsolutFire, No, there's nothing inconsistent with what you're doing; it shows reverence for the Law of God, which is Holy. If you're of Jewish blood, I encourage you to continue the practice you describe; lowly Gentiles like me get jealous. Hope this helps. Yours, Pio Nono
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now