geetarplayer Posted October 17, 2003 Posted October 17, 2003 Holy cow, dust, I think you've got some researchin' to do! Catholic Celebrities -Mark
inDEED Posted October 17, 2003 Posted October 17, 2003 It's hard to imagine most of those people being Catholic... Maybe the term should be, "...were BAPTIZED Catholic"...as I feel that "being Catholic" is an action... Ya feel me? By the way, Kathy Troccoli IS NOT Catholic...I know that for a fact... ;)
Dave Posted October 17, 2003 Posted October 17, 2003 By the way, Kathy Troccoli IS NOT Catholic...I know that for a fact... What???!!! Are you sure? Where did you hear that?
LTNgurl Posted October 17, 2003 Posted October 17, 2003 WOW!!! Uncle Fester?...hehe Jenny McCarthey, Rosie O'Donnell, Ben Affleck, Nicholas Cage, adolph hitler, fidel castro...those are big surprises! :o
inDEED Posted October 17, 2003 Posted October 17, 2003 What???!!! Are you sure? Where did you hear that? She used to be the National Spokesperson for Lifeteen... She THOUGHT about converting but never actually did...Kinda was an "issue" for Lifeteeners because it was felt that our spokesperson SHOULD AT LEAST be CATHOLIC!
Paladin D Posted October 17, 2003 Posted October 17, 2003 So Kathy Troccoli isn't Catholic? Why would justcatholic.com sell her CDs under "Catholic"? :(
BLAZEr Posted October 17, 2003 Posted October 17, 2003 She was one of the performers at World Youth Day wasn't she? She's from Long Island . . . are you sure she's not Catholic? I'm doing research . . .
Tony Posted October 17, 2003 Posted October 17, 2003 Kid Rock and Master P were on the list.. I doubt either 1 is very devout. Pele and Ronaldo are definatly Catholic though :-D
Tony Posted October 17, 2003 Posted October 17, 2003 heh.. I cant imagine that Fidel Castro, Hitler, or Mousolini are really catholics either
inDEED Posted October 17, 2003 Posted October 17, 2003 She was one of the performers at World Youth Day wasn't she? She's from Long Island . . . are you sure she's not Catholic? I'm doing research . . . Not that it should matter because her music still gives praise to the Lord, but NO - she's NOT Catholic. She regularly performs here in Mesa and she's good friends with Fr. Dale - our Pastor... She discerned it for some time (and maybe even still is) but she is NOT Catholic.
inDEED Posted October 17, 2003 Posted October 17, 2003 So Kathy Troccoli isn't Catholic? Why would justcatholic.com sell her CDs under "Catholic"? I don't know. E-mail the webmaster and ask him.
Adam Posted October 17, 2003 Posted October 17, 2003 She used to be the National Spokesperson for Lifeteen... She THOUGHT about converting but never actually did...Kinda was an "issue" for Lifeteeners because it was felt that our spokesperson SHOULD AT LEAST be CATHOLIC! Werd... Next thing you know Jay and Silent Bob are bolth Catholics.... OH-WEE-OH-WEE-OH :D :lol:
geetarplayer Posted October 17, 2003 Author Posted October 17, 2003 This is at the top of the site: >> Several people on this list do not (or did not) portray what a Catholic should be. Many commited horrible crimes, and some are just immoral. They are on this list as being born into or converted to Catholicism and should not be viewed as examples of Catholicism or what being a Catholic is. Some may not be practicing Catholics now. And about Hitler, I once heard a story about Hitler the alter boy. He accidentally knocked something over during a Mass, and afterward, the priest yelled at him and little Adolph ran away. -Mark
ryanmeyersmusic Posted October 17, 2003 Posted October 17, 2003 Werd... Next thing you know Jay and Silent Bob are bolth Catholics.... OH-WEE-OH-WEE-OH :D matter of fact, silent bob (kevin smith) is a catholic...
Azriel Posted October 17, 2003 Posted October 17, 2003 matter of fact, silent bob (kevin smith) is a catholic... was just getting ready to say that.
IXpenguin21 Posted October 17, 2003 Posted October 17, 2003 i'm catholic, why isnt' my name on there?
ryanmeyersmusic Posted October 17, 2003 Posted October 17, 2003 And here's from Kathy Troccoli's FAQ (http://trocolli.com/faq/) j. Is Kathy Catholic? This is what Kathy has to say about her faith: "I've been on a journey the last two and a half years in rediscovering more about Catholicism and God's heart in it. There is no label, denomination, or person that can ever express if a life is truly given over to Jesus Christ. The bottom line is that we may know him and the fullness of him, and that we may love him -- and that we may be a faithful disciple."
nippy316 Posted October 17, 2003 Posted October 17, 2003 How did I never know that Chris Rice is Catholic? I must have had blinders on.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now