An Old School Catholic Message Board

This is for all the Catholic musicians here

goldenchild17

Stceciliapray4us

[quote name='dtofdh' date='Jan 2 2005, 03:19 PM'] I'm in a Christian ministry band, and am the only Catholic in the band. We play hardcore speed metal. We have recorded a few albums and have had quite a following over the years. We have played all over the United States. I write most of the lyrics to the music, and my Catholic faith has been a major influence on the music we play. I have always been outspoken about my Catholic faith with everyone I talk to. Although our fan base is mostly evangelical, I hope to broaden our audience. I also hope to bring the Catholic perspective to the non-Catholic Christian community, and see this as a ministry that is greatly needed. Many non-Catholic Christians have very negative views of Catholicism and ironically, believe that Catholics are not even Christian. It is my goal to set the record straight and perhaps draw some open-minded Christians closer to Christ's Church. I have been very active on Christian message boards in the regard of defending the Catholic faith to those who do not have a correct understanding of it. We will be playing the Cornerstone festival in Chicago, and a few other states this summer.

God Bless,
DougT [/quote]
whats the band name?

The name of my original band was Vengeance. Vegeance was pretty popular in the late 80's early 90's. We recorded 2 albums under that name. Later we started a band called Die Happy and recorded 3 albums under that name. Recently we were approached by a few promoters to reform as Vengeance and perform that music, we elected to reform under the name Once Dead, and that is who we are now. We performed a concert in Anaheim Ca, and from that show we are releasing a dvd of the show. If all goes well at the upcoming festivals, we will most likely record an album as well.

DougT

Edited by dtofdh

ryanmeyersmusic

[quote] It must be nice to have a label that pays for everything.[/quote]

actually, most of those states i performed in as an independent. i released my album independently september of last 2003, Disciple picked me up August of 2004.

[quote] THANKS FOR MENTIONING THAT YOU ARE CATHOLIC!!!!![/quote]

Why wouldn't I? I am Catholic...

[quote]Who are your influences?[/quote]

Too many to list, but I guess the major ones are: Counting Crows, Ryan Adams, Bebo Norman, Matt Wertz, Dave Barnes, U2, and a hundred others...

[quote name='Stceciliapray4us' date='Jan 3 2005, 11:41 AM'] LOL!!! Your Icon of the cowbell skit is the coolest thing I have ever seen!!!!!!
Where did you get that!!!!!!!

and who is INDEED? is there a webpage? [/quote]
hahaha...Thanks for the love!

inDEED is my alias that I go by when I "rock a mic"! :P

There used to be a website...but not @ this time...

I'll be back, though...In the meantime, make sure you check out DJ 86, MC Just, Sammy Blaze, and P5C...

Don't let Ryan fool you...

He used to be signed to Roc-A-Fella Records...But, due to some "creative differences" (ie: he wanted to go more hardcore gangsta rap), he parted ways...

How do you think he bought all that bling?

SevenSorrows

[quote name='ryanmeyersmusic' date='Jan 3 2005, 05:06 PM']
Why wouldn't I? I am Catholic...
[/quote]
I don't want to get in any arguements here (so I won't name any names)...but go to most "Catholic" band sites and you can't even find the word Catholic....at best you will find God, Christian, or Gospel. It seems to me (I could be wayyy off) but they don't want to say "Catholic" cause it might scare away people...so instead they hide the fact and just claim christian.

so I am with St. Cecilia...mad props for promoting your faith.

SevenSorrows

Hey inDEED....

You should start your own lingo....like how snoop has...

everytime anyone says something....say inDEED....

Basically just start and end all your sentences with inDEED....try it out....it is funny....try it on your wife for 10 minutes without saying what you are doing...she will kill you....but you will die laughing first!!! :sweat:

tip: but don't forget to leave a little pause before saying the indeed at the end of a sentence.

ex. Indeed, I went to 9am mass....indeed I did.....(pause)....indeed.

melporcristo

[quote name='flip' date='Jan 4 2005, 12:24 AM'] point 5 loves leaving texas.... its hot down here.

give us $300, transport, room, board... we are there [/quote]
okay then! your coming to Idaho! :D

To answer the original question, I would totally love to play. I just don't have a demo. That could be a problem ...

Melissa