An Old School Catholic Message Board

Terri Denied The Eucharist

jasJis

hyperdulia again

i dunno, i was going to, but then my mother said it would be kind of inappropriate, but eating a side of beef and tap-dancing would also feel inappropriate...i think i'll go to the mass they're having for her at the school and figure it out from there..

Spiritual_Arsonist

MY Pastor made a good point the other day on moral theology:

IT IS NEVER PERMISSIBLE TO DO ANYTHING TO CAUSE THE DEATH OF A HUMAN BEING.

Taking the feeding tubes out of someone will starve them, so Terri is being starved to death. This is not a matter of quality of life. Do we realize what is happening? Murder is happening. Let it be said that we stood-PRAY AND ACT FOR LIFE!

don't the words CRUEL and UNUSUAL mean anything in the court systems anymore????!!!!

DEATH BY STARVATION.... news flash to the judicial system, this is court ordered death by CRUEL and UNUSUAL means. not only is this murder, it's against the very moral fiber of this country, it is something committed against good. this, my friends, is evil in one of it's purest forms.

ThereseFlower

This all just makes me so sad. All I can do is keep praying for her rescue, or if it is God's will that she come home to Him, that she go as painlessly as possible. :(

Another person, another rosary. Thank God for the rosary. :unsure:

cmotherofpirl

If I decided to stop feeding a sick dog and starved it to death I would be in jail.

I think the voters should start a recall on this judge.

We need to start a PETER group

People for the Ethical Treatment of EVERY Person.

for the PETER group, I'm in!!!!!!!

start it and i'll b the 1st to join

plus im definitely fasting. i wish we could start a hunger strike, but it'd need national media attention or it wouldn't work.

someone get me the phone number to FOX news!! i sooo wanna do a hunger strike

quick ?, if u do a hunger strike to try to save someone's life, and u die from starvation, are you a martyr or suicidal?

quick ?, if u do a hunger strike to try to save someone's life, and u die from starvation, are you a martyr or suicidal?

I would think you would be a martyr. Jesus went willingly to the cross, knowing full well that he could prevent the crucifixion. He did it to save our lives. Bl. Gianna gave her life to save the life of her baby. I don't think either Jesus or Bl. Gianna could be called suicidal, yet both of them chose to die rather than letting others die. Jesus said that there is no greater love than to give up one's life for one's friends. So I wouldn't think that someone who goes on a hunger strike to save the life of another would be considered suicidal. I'm not sure it would earn them martyrdom either, but certainly it would not be suicide.

As reprehensible as it was to refuse to allow Terri communion (I personally believe it would have been permissible to violently remove the police officers), I'm not certain deciding to remove extraordinary means constitutes murder.

Were the feeding tube never inserted, it would clearly be alright to not insert one. Removing seems difficult, but is it not the same as removing a respirator? Clearly it causes more suffering, but how much suffering is present in her life with a feeding tube? Certainly it was not the court's place to do this.

but how much suffering is present in her life with a feeding tube? Certainly it was not the court's place to do this.

I'd say she's suffereing pretty good either way! But either way it is due to her "husband".

I'd "persist" in a vegitative state too if my wife dumped me 3 years into my accident and started having kids with some "lover"! It frustrates me to no end that this guy would put his wife through such tramendous pain.

It makes me wonder what kind of woman he's "dating" now! How could she be with him seeing how he might treat her if she was in the same possition.

Our world is confused, BIG TIME!

cmotherofpirl

Scenes From the Vigil ~ Boy With A Rose

Cecilia H. Martin

I'd always heard those stories about St. Theresa of the Child Jesus. Those folks enamored of the Little Flower would tell you to pray to her and she will send you a rose. St. Theresa said she intended to spend her life in heaven working on earth. A nice story, but, I was always more involved with those "warrior type" saints. You know, St. Edith Stein, who told her sister, "Come, let us go for our people," and boarded the train for Auschwitz. And what about "Big" Teresa, Teresa of Avila, who fought the hierarchy to establish the discalced Carmelites.

Then there is St. Maximillian Kolbe who set the world on fire with his Immaculata publications. Oh yes, these were my saints. I was going to do great things for God, even though, years ago, my priest had given me a copy of The Story of A Soul which I thought of as a bit too "sweet."

I was at the Vigil for Terri Schiavo when a florist truck pulled up. Casually, I remarked to a friend, "Oh, how nice, they brought a bouquet to put in front of Terri's picture." It wasn't unusual to see presents arrive; Chick-fil brought sandwiches every day for the people, bottles or water were provided, the ice cream man came and dished big scoops into cones. We said, "How about some ice cream for Terri?" We held up our spoons, the emblem of protest, since Terri was not allowed a swallowing test to see if she could live without the feeding tube. "Hey," yelled a clear voice, "Give her the whole truck."

So when the floral truck arrived, there was no cause for excitement. A man and a little boy placed a bouquet next to Terri's picture, the one where she is smiling at her mother. Then they took out two huge oblong boxes. The boy opened the boxes and began passing out long stem roses to people in the crowd. "Oh, look, they brought roses," I casually remarked to a friend. "ROSES!" We both said at once and fell into each others arms, tears flowing. The florist delivery man was the owner of the shop. The boy's mother packed the roses. The florist was Protestant. Some of St. Theresa's students, such as myself, are very hard to teach. It's clear I know nothing about the odor of sanctity. St. Theresa, teach me to be a little child.

cmotherofpirl

As reprehensible as it was  to refuse to allow Terri communion (I personally believe it would have been permissible to violently remove the police officers), I'm not certain deciding to remove extraordinary means constitutes murder.

Were the feeding tube never inserted, it would clearly be alright to not insert one. Removing seems difficult, but is it not the same as removing a respirator? Clearly it causes more suffering, but how much suffering is present in her life with a feeding tube? Certainly it was not the court's place to do this.

I don't see a feeding tube as an extraordinary means of preserving life.

It is simply an alternative means of obtaining nourishment.

Many people have feeding tubes.

We do not kill them, when their life is inconvenient.

It is not the same as a respirator forcing air in your lungs, and breathing for you.

If I starved my dog to death, I would be arrested for cruelty to animals.

We don't even starve convicted murderers to death.

Is Terri's life worth less than a covicted killer?

Is her life worth less than a dog?