An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Love Good Friday

dUSt

[quote name='dUSt']Personally, I try to take off of work for it every year and spend the day in prayer. It's such a wonderful day.[/quote]
Oh good. I was afraid this thread was going to be the equivalent of that Care Bears movie where they all stood around and converted the guy to fluffy-bunnyness by saying: "We CARE . . ."

I'm so relieved. :D

[quote name='Good Friday' date='Jan 14 2005, 07:38 PM'] Oh good. I was afraid this thread was going to be the equivalent of that Care Bears movie where they all stood around and converted the guy to fluffy-bunnyness by saying: "We CARE . . ."

I'm so relieved. :D [/quote]
Hey! What's up friend? Haven't seen you in quite awhile. Glad to see you posting again.

[quote name='dUSt']Hey! What's up friend? Haven't seen you in quite awhile. Glad to see you posting again.[/quote]
I was up half the night posting . . . I see all of my efforts just aren't appreciated by anyone! :sadder:

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Good Friday' date='Jan 14 2005, 07:38 PM'] [quote name='dUSt']Personally, I try to take off of work for it every year and spend the day in prayer. It's such a wonderful day.[/quote]
Oh good. I was afraid this thread was going to be the equivalent of that Care Bears movie where they all stood around and converted the guy to fluffy-bunnyness by saying: "We CARE . . ."

You were afraid? I was fervently hoping! ^_^

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Good Friday' date='Jan 14 2005, 07:44 PM'] [quote name='dUSt']Hey! What's up friend? Haven't seen you in quite awhile. Glad to see you posting again.[/quote]
I was up half the night posting . . . I see all of my efforts just aren't appreciated by anyone! :sadder: [/quote]
Not true. If they were not noticed by dUSt that wouldn't be saying much because I've never seen evidence that would suggest dUSt looks at most of the threads anyway. Also dUSt said "Glad to see you posting again", which was likely a reference to your recent posts. And the comment, "Haven't seen you in quite awhile" does not imply that he didn't see your posts, it could suggest that he did in fact see them, or it could simply be meant in the sense that he sees you now in a direct exchange of posts, which hasn't happened in quite a while.

Laudate_Dominum

This reminds me of a thread long ago where people were complaining that some people on this site have a tendency to approach normal discussions as if they were arguments over scripture. Sorry if I'm guilty of exegeting posts in excess.

In the Ruthenian Church on the evening of Great and Holy Friday a burial shroud with an image of Christ upon it is brought out for the veneration of the faithful, and after the service everyone goes up and individually prostrates himself and venerates and kisses the five wounds of Christ. Later the shroud is laid upon the altar in place of the altar cloth.

Birgitta Noel

At the Brothers the priests do 3 full prostrations on their way to venerate the cross and everyone else does three bows touching their foreheads to the floor. It's such an amazing experience. Especially when you reach the foot of the cross...

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Good Friday' date='Jan 14 2005, 08:38 PM'] [quote name='dUSt']Personally, I try to take off of work for it every year and spend the day in prayer. It's such a wonderful day.[/quote]

Oh my gosh... I'm not the only one who remembers that movie.... scary.....

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='Jan 14 2005, 08:57 PM'] In the Ruthenian Church on the evening of Great and Holy Friday a burial shroud with an image of Christ upon it is brought out for the veneration of the faithful, and after the service everyone goes up and individually prostrates himself and venerates and kisses the five wounds of Christ. Later the shroud is laid upon the altar in place of the altar cloth. [/quote]
I love that. It was especially good at St. Mary's too.