Stceciliapray4us Posted January 23, 2005 Author Posted January 23, 2005 [quote name='josh_dude' date='Jan 23 2005, 07:59 AM'] downloaded a pile of 3rd day... they rock! thief... is one kikass cool lil number! [/quote] 3rd day? are we thinking of the same third day? I have heard a lot of 3rd day but I dont recall any of them "rocking". what kind of music do you listen to?
inDEED Posted January 23, 2005 Posted January 23, 2005 Third Day is one of my favorite bands... THEY ROCK FOR CHRIST!!! PRAISE GOD THAT THEY ARE PLAYING @ THE LIFETEEN EVENT!!!
melporcristo Posted January 23, 2005 Posted January 23, 2005 A good Third Day song is "King of Glory" and "Your Love Oh Lord" Yeah 3rd Day, Third Day ... same band
corban711 Posted January 24, 2005 Posted January 24, 2005 peace be with you all! man...when i heard that 3rd Day was playing the LT event, i was really sad. okay, 3rd Day is a huge Christian band, they love Jesus and serve Him well in what they do...but i think it is a big mistake to ask them to play at such a large Catholic event aimed at the youth. i am not a parent, but if I had kids and I sent them to a Catholic university...only to find out that they were going to be taught by non-Catholic Christians or non-Christians I would be furious. Why? because I would have sent my child there trusting that they would be getting something --not just good---but Catholic. I should be able to trust that they would receive a Catholic education. now take the case with LT...i would guess that parents want their kids to participate to get their children active in the Church. these parents are entrusting their children to the Church to be formed as Catholics, to be taken from their youth into adulthood in the Faith. now in this case, LT is having non-Catholics headline their event...as if they were better off with them than with the Catholic musicians. I would take Matt Maher or Tom Booth any day over them....I would even take a Catholic group that wasn't as good as 3rd Day, because the mission of LT is to form them as Catholics. Catholics need to support each other and I would think that some parents would be angry if they found out about this. maybe not all...but there would be some and in my opinion, rightly so. about ecumenism...i think there could be some awesome events where Catholic people like Matt Maher played with 3rd Day or Chris Tomlin (Chris and Matt have played together and Chris even covered Your Grace is Enough on his new cd). But, I don't think that the LT anniversary is the proper event for that. LT was founded to bring youth closer to Christ in the Eucharist and to raise them in the Faith of His Church. I would like to think that LT would want to celebrate their anniversary and thank God for the success of the movement by showing how authentically Catholic they are, especially because of the amount of criticism they receive from traditional, orthodox Catholics. And I would like to think that you could at least hear the Catholic music that exists at a Catholic event! alright...hopefully i didn't rant and rave too much...just my two cents :band:
SevenSorrows Posted January 24, 2005 Posted January 24, 2005 [quote name='melporcristo' date='Jan 23 2005, 01:54 AM'] What's the bands name? [/quote] I am all about praying for Catholics in bands...and don't want to make fun of anyone...or be mean or anything..ya know??? but just look up cathoic bands on the internet...you won't find too many...but you will always hear people talk about catholic bands....but they really aren't catholic...they may just have a cathoic member. just go to any band you have heard that is catholic..go to their website...in about 90% of them, you won't even be able to find the word catholic on their site....sometimes you find Jesus...sometimes you just find God, sometimes you see gospel or christian....just check it out. It is cool some bands have changed their websites....I always email them and ask them why they don't say they are catholic....but yeah...no names mentioned..
josh_dude Posted January 24, 2005 Posted January 24, 2005 [quote name='Stceciliapray4us' date='Jan 23 2005, 02:54 PM'] 3rd day? are we thinking of the same third day? I have heard a lot of 3rd day but I dont recall any of them "rocking". what kind of music do you listen to? [/quote] course they rawk! their music's great... i think my point might have been lost in translation... over here (england) you'd just say they rock... haps over there it means they play rock music or something? i still don't get what the big deal is about a protestant band playing at a cath event... theyre pro life right? josh...
Stceciliapray4us Posted January 25, 2005 Author Posted January 25, 2005 [quote name='corban711' date='Jan 23 2005, 10:59 PM'] peace be with you all! man...when i heard that 3rd Day was playing the LT event, i was really sad. okay, 3rd Day is a huge Christian band, they love Jesus and serve Him well in what they do...but i think it is a big mistake to ask them to play at such a large Catholic event aimed at the youth. i am not a parent, but if I had kids and I sent them to a Catholic university...only to find out that they were going to be taught by non-Catholic Christians or non-Christians I would be furious. Why? because I would have sent my child there trusting that they would be getting something --not just good---but Catholic. I should be able to trust that they would receive a Catholic education. now take the case with LT...i would guess that parents want their kids to participate to get their children active in the Church. these parents are entrusting their children to the Church to be formed as Catholics, to be taken from their youth into adulthood in the Faith. now in this case, LT is having non-Catholics headline their event...as if they were better off with them than with the Catholic musicians. I would take Matt Maher or Tom Booth any day over them....I would even take a Catholic group that wasn't as good as 3rd Day, because the mission of LT is to form them as Catholics. Catholics need to support each other and I would think that some parents would be angry if they found out about this. maybe not all...but there would be some and in my opinion, rightly so. about ecumenism...i think there could be some awesome events where Catholic people like Matt Maher played with 3rd Day or Chris Tomlin (Chris and Matt have played together and Chris even covered Your Grace is Enough on his new cd). But, I don't think that the LT anniversary is the proper event for that. LT was founded to bring youth closer to Christ in the Eucharist and to raise them in the Faith of His Church. I would like to think that LT would want to celebrate their anniversary and thank God for the success of the movement by showing how authentically Catholic they are, especially because of the amount of criticism they receive from traditional, orthodox Catholics. And I would like to think that you could at least hear the Catholic music that exists at a Catholic event! alright...hopefully i didn't rant and rave too much...just my two cents :band: [/quote] This is the most amazing post I have ever read. Your words are prophetic.
inDEED Posted January 26, 2005 Posted January 26, 2005 I wish I was going to go see Third Day & celebrate with my Catholic Christian family...
Stceciliapray4us Posted January 26, 2005 Author Posted January 26, 2005 [quote name='inDEED' date='Jan 25 2005, 10:43 PM'] I wish I was going to go see Third Day & celebrate with my Catholic Christian family... [/quote] I think a Catholic artist like Ryan Meyers should have played instead of 3rd day. As long as he plays the "traveling song"~!
inDEED Posted January 26, 2005 Posted January 26, 2005 I think that Ryan could have definitely played the LT event... P.S. I'm happy that Third Day is gonna be there...Praise God...
Stceciliapray4us Posted January 26, 2005 Author Posted January 26, 2005 [quote name='inDEED' date='Jan 25 2005, 11:02 PM'] I think that Ryan could have definitely played the LT event... P.S. I'm happy that Third Day is gonna be there...Praise God... [/quote] :wavey:
Stceciliapray4us Posted January 26, 2005 Author Posted January 26, 2005 [quote name='inDEED' date='Jan 25 2005, 11:12 PM'] [/quote]
SevenSorrows Posted January 26, 2005 Posted January 26, 2005 [quote name='Stceciliapray4us' date='Jan 25 2005, 09:22 PM'] [/quote] can I play this game too??? look it is indeed and st.cecil :argue: guy guys, calm down....nooooo :knockout: and the winner is?????
SevenSorrows Posted January 26, 2005 Posted January 26, 2005 [quote name='dUSt' date='Jan 26 2005, 09:01 AM'] Lifeteen makes me sad. [/quote] how come??? for the usual reasons??? can I get a little web advice/help? cause you are da man (well next to indeed, cause he made a new site for us) hehehehe
Stceciliapray4us Posted January 26, 2005 Author Posted January 26, 2005 [quote name='SevenSorrows' date='Jan 26 2005, 10:51 AM'] can I play this game too??? look it is indeed and st.cecil :argue: guy guys, calm down....nooooo :knockout: and the winner is????? [/quote] Thank you "Seven Sorrows" for stepping in. Sorry inDeed..... Obviously I feel passionate about this subject because I want to see Catholic music succeed. I get sad when I see such great talent (Catholic talent) on this webpage and this event will only help 3rd day get bigger in Catholic circles instead of the hard working people who are obviously in love with the Church and are striving to represent it.
rachael Posted January 29, 2005 Posted January 29, 2005 [quote name='inDEED' date='Jan 25 2005, 11:02 PM'] I think that Ryan could have definitely played the LT event... P.S. I'm happy that Third Day is gonna be there...Praise God... [/quote] me too
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now