An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ever Hear of Icthyosis?

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Jan 20 2005, 03:02 PM'] Glad things are getting better :) Maybe you need some lotion too [/quote]
Yeah.

One thing to avoid if you're an OCD handwasher: hand-cleansing liquid...you know...the no water stuff you just rub on your hands...it's filled with alcohol...makes the hands dry up.

Use antibacterial creme lotions instead. :)

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

This is what my neck looks like currently... It's not a very good picture because of the cheap camera... oh well, it's not a scientific study...
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/LausTibiChriste/SKIN.jpg[/img]

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='Sojourner' date='Jan 20 2005, 01:43 PM'] Yeah, I mainly have problems with legs and feet, although my hands can get bad if I'm not careful. Pretty much I douse myself with lotion after getting out of the shower. [/quote]
I was just wondering, do you get asked "Why is your skin so dry?" or "Did you get a sunburn?"

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Jan 20 2005, 02:51 PM'] I was just wondering, do you get asked "Why is your skin so dry?" or "Did you get a sunburn?" [/quote]
Well, one time I had a spot that looked like road rash and someone asked about it.

Last winter, my left ankle got super-dry, and nothing I tried helped it. It felt like elephant skin. I've been much better with the lotion this year.

[quote name='crusader1234' date='Jan 20 2005, 02:58 PM'] Raph, antibiotic soap is bad for your immune system... [/quote]
That's true ... antibiotics are actually too prevalent in society as a whole. They create strains of resistant bacteria that are hard to kill, and therefore really scary.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='crusader1234' date='Jan 20 2005, 03:58 PM'] Raph, antibiotic soap is bad for your immune system... [/quote]
You've never had a Murphy immune system.

I haven't thrown up in 12 years. :) Except for that one time I made myself throw up...it got me out of school, though...

[quote name='crusader1234' date='Jan 20 2005, 04:12 PM'] One day you're going to get sick, need antibiotics, and they won't work... [/quote]
Yep.

Antibiotic soap is a no-no.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='Raphael' date='Jan 20 2005, 04:11 PM'] You've never had a Murphy immune system.

I haven't thrown up in 12 years. :) Except for that one time I made myself throw up...it got me out of school, though... [/quote]
:shame:

• 2 years later...