Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Jan 28 2005, 12:04 PM'] Its [i]bless me father for I have sinned[/i].
Forgive me Father implies that the priest is forgiving you , he is not, Christ is forgiving you. The priest is absolving you.
There is a difference. [/quote]
"If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.” John 20:23

The priest indeed does act in the place of Christ and gives absolution. It is accpetable to say "Forgive me...." as long as one does not believe the priest gives absolution apart from Christ.

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

I always just imagine that the priest is Christ, and I'm asking Christ (our Father) to forgive me because I"ve sinned.

Posted

You should imagine that Christ is WITH you and the priest. Because he is. :)

The bread and wine BECOME the body and blood of Christ. The priest does not.

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

Blah blah blah :P


I don't think I got it through the way I wanted to. I imagine that I'm confessing my sins to Christ, not the priest. But I, consciously, know that the priest is the 'intercessor' (I'm sure I used the wrong word). In other words, I don't imagine that the priest is who I'm confessing to, or even talking to, it's Christ that I'm talking and confessing to. Does that make sense?

Posted

Yank out that Catechism deary. There are 20 of them in the living room and a few around the bedroom.


(hey - you always have to have one at an arms reach right? :blink:)

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

Just wait til you get home....... :...:

Posted

What? Is my suggestion virtious or vice?

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

:...: Quit hijacking their thread! :spam:
































:P

Posted

I haven't. We are talking about confession. Let's here it. "Adam is right and I am wrong".

Come on. Fess up.

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Jan 28 2005, 01:24 PM'] I haven't. We are talking about confession. Let's here it. "Adam is right and I am wrong".

Come on. Fess up. [/quote]
If I did that, I'd have to find a priest and say:


"Bless me Father for I have sinned"




:P

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

There was no argument, so how could you be right and me be wrong?

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

Don't try to make me feel bad...doesn't work with Erica, it won't work with you!





































BTW- I :wub: you!

Posted

It's always been bless me father for I have sinned, catholic school drilled it into my brain :P

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...